Pickaway County may cut $1 million

Pickaway County may cut $1 million

There are 8 comments on the DispatchPolitics story from Jul 22, 2010, titled Pickaway County may cut $1 million. In it, DispatchPolitics reports that:

Pickaway County is in a pickle. It's in a quandary faced by both families and government: When expenses are up and revenues are down, something has to give.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at DispatchPolitics.

Danny

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 22, 2010
It is only to get worse.
Mr Ed

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 22, 2010
It is really quite simple. If the money is not there, you cannot spend it.
BuckeyeGrl

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 22, 2010
JFS can't stand to loose anymore people - it already takes them at least 5 weeks to look into a child abuse case (3 weeks after they notifiy the person that they will be checking up on them due to a complaint). Second thought - wipe out the department and start fresh!

Since: Jun 10

Canal Winchester, OH

#4 Jul 22, 2010
It looks like the county is being snookered by their health insurers.
The Federal insurance policies won't see this kind of increase, but insurers know that locals will usually go quietly.
Perhaps, partisan politics aside, local governments could band together - maybe to the point of self-insuring some of their health provisions.
P-Ness

Lancaster, OH

#5 Jul 22, 2010
I'm sure glad to see that Norfolk-Southern is creating all those jobs and generating tons of tax revenue for the county after getting their corporate welfare, I mean, earmark for the rail yard there in northern Pickaway County.

Greer, SC

#6 Jul 22, 2010
Why does the state of Ohio have 88 counties. For a state that is pretty small, there are to many counties.

Combining the counties into only 22 will save significant amounts of money by consolidating and reducing redundancies in departments.

End the pensions system.
End school transportation (parents should be responsible for getting their child, not the taxpayer)

top to bottom review of all departments to find overlapping processes.

Pay Freeze
Progress

Cleveland, OH

#7 Jul 22, 2010
Ohio will trim its 88 counties right after New York trims its 58.

Since: Feb 10

United States

#9 Jul 23, 2010
Progress wrote:
Ohio will trim its 88 counties right after New York trims its 58.
well,,,,, maybe they should have saved for a rainy day, like they told us to do. i'm so sick of this and the public servants stealing. it's your community people, go to meetings, vote, do whatever you can, do something to make it better. by the way, it's my county in this article

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pickaway County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jason acker has a meth lab forsure on 56 Jul 5 Caught 6
steves pizza in adelphi ohio Jul 1 You know 1
News Community surprises Pickaway Co. deputy with ne... May '16 Wonderful people ... 18
News Pickaway County woman found guilty in murder-fo... Feb '16 peace 27
Steven Roeder (Dec '15) Feb '16 Motion 5
News 17 Indicted for Drug Trafficking in Pickaw... (Mar '15) Jan '16 tom tom 15
a letter to my daddy cody moore where are you a... (Nov '15) Jan '16 Jennifer 4
More from around the web