Thousands Without Power After Storm | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

Full story: 10TV WBNS 53
More than 12,000 customers were without electricity on Wednesday morning in Franklin County after a line of strong moving storms moved through the area. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
StickBearsMom

Dublin, OH

#43 Aug 4, 2010
No power at my place in Grove City for about 2 hours. Very uncommon for us to loose power in my neighborhood, especially for 2 hours.
graylorn

Columbus, OH

#44 Aug 4, 2010
I live in NW Columbus and we got a lot of lightening and thunder, but no wind and only a quarter inch of rain.
CBJgirl

Londonderry, OH

#45 Aug 4, 2010
DIY wrote:
As much as my electric bills are each month. AEP has no excuse for power outages or interruptions in service. Show me what you got mall cop...
Yeah, AEP can control the lightning that could cause a power outage/interruption. Give me a break. Maybe your bills are high because you use a lot of electricity? They have the cheapest rates in the state. Shop around...
AEP service is bad

Columbus, OH

#46 Aug 4, 2010
CBJgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, AEP can control the lightning that could cause a power outage/interruption. Give me a break. Maybe your bills are high because you use a lot of electricity? They have the cheapest rates in the state. Shop around...
They may have cheap rates, but their distribution rates are high. And for that, they should have a better system able to handle lightening. It is not uncommon to have lightening, so they shouldn't be surprised. But it shouldn't take hours to restore service - or days in the case of an actual storm.
greendale

Columbus, OH

#47 Aug 4, 2010
I live several doors down from a Fire Station in the center of the city and I never have power outage issues (knock on wood).

But if I lived in the burbs I would totally get one of those GUardian auto-standby gas generators.

I can't imagine being without power on a day like this.
Phil

Columbus, OH

#48 Aug 4, 2010
ugg wrote:
Never stormed up in New Albany.
New Albany must not have paid its storm tax. No storm tax, no storm. Sorry I just couldn't resist.
Bob

Grove City, OH

#49 Aug 4, 2010
Smawgunner wrote:
AND NOT ONE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OR WARNING ANYWHERE TO BE FOUND! Someone dropped the ball on this one. When I heard it coming I checked the radar and all 3 stations...no mention of it AT ALL!
It was a summer storm. Alot of summer storms come w/o much if any warning. I say just be glad we have the weather we have....it could be sooooooooo much worse.
Moe Feen

Columbus, OH

#50 Aug 4, 2010
My power is still off, since 3:30 last night.
Jeff

Grove City, OH

#51 Aug 4, 2010
DIY wrote:
As much as my electric bills are each month. AEP has no excuse for power outages or interruptions in service. Show me what you got mall cop...
People like you just crack me up. AlL we can do is read your post's and laugh at you. BTW...HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!! LOL
What the

Columbus, OH

#52 Aug 4, 2010
CBJgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a joke.
DIY

Columbus, OH

#53 Aug 4, 2010
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you just crack me up. AlL we can do is read your post's and laugh at you. BTW...HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!! LOL
Who said I was serious? Love you too.
Sabrina

Grove City, OH

#54 Aug 4, 2010
DIY wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I was serious? Love you too.
You were soooooooooooooo serious...so don't even try to cover it up....lol
DIY

Columbus, OH

#55 Aug 4, 2010
Sabrina wrote:
<quoted text>
You were soooooooooooooo serious...so don't even try to cover it up....lol
They see me rollin' they hatin'...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pickaway County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff: Driver Dies After Car Strikes Ohio Bridge Jul '14 who 1
Harrisburg police may be out of bounds (Oct '07) May '14 Guitarz626 2
Huge Meth Lab Bust in Pickaway County (Apr '14) Apr '14 seth Ferguson 8
Brawling bikers draw 30 officers to Madison Cou... (Jun '12) Feb '14 what2know 2
Man behind deadly prank wants out of prison (Nov '12) Jan '14 YoungRestless 188
Circleville post leads pack in increased state ... (Jul '12) Jan '14 Chad Garrard 7
Ohio authorities charge dozens in drug bust ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Really 7
More from around the web