Thousands Without Power After Storm |...

Thousands Without Power After Storm | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 53 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Thousands Without Power After Storm | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

More than 12,000 customers were without electricity on Wednesday morning in Franklin County after a line of strong moving storms moved through the area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Grove City

Rochester, NY

#1 Aug 4, 2010
Last night storm was bad, we never experienced nothing like this, all the furniture we have on the patio deck was moved some of them on the ground, a lot of tree branches thru the yard............. :(
Pano

Reynoldsburg, OH

#2 Aug 4, 2010
There was a storm last night? I must have slept right through it!
TCC1111

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 4, 2010
Grove City wrote:
Last night storm was bad, we never experienced nothing like this, all the furniture we have on the patio deck was moved some of them on the ground, a lot of tree branches thru the yard..........
Your right! It was crazy! It went on for ever! I've been around a long time, and never seen a thunder storm like that one.
Phil

Columbus, OH

#4 Aug 4, 2010
I live south of Morse Rd and I could tell that the storm was really pounding the southern half of Columbus and Franklin County. One lightning flash after another. Like using strobes in a laser light concert.
tommy k

Wheelersburg, OH

#5 Aug 4, 2010
I coldn't fall sleep last night because of crazy thunderstorms but i did have power at my house all night during the strom.
Wilson

Portsmouth, OH

#6 Aug 4, 2010
I was at work all night in Worthington, and it was a pretty intense light show. After the bulk of the storm passed, it was really strange lightning...looping across the sky, then to the ground. Nothing really serious in terms wind or hail, just a little heavy rain.

Since: Dec 09

COLUMBUS, OHIO

#7 Aug 4, 2010
MY ELECTRIC WENT OUT IT WAS HOTTER THAN HECK.
I HAD TO BRUSH MY TEETH AND SHOWER IN THE DARK, DIDN'T TRY TO SHAVE, AND I COMBED MY HAIR BY THE LIGHT OF MY CELL PHONE AND I MADE IT TO WORK 10 MINS EARLY
Bluerose

Columbus, OH

#8 Aug 4, 2010
I was up watching TV and of course the satelite went out for about 30 minutes. The storm was intense but I didn't think it was the worst storm ever. Just a storm. When I left for work it was strange because the only electricity in view was in the complex where I live. The areas all around were dark, no street lights or traffic lights.
kennas dad

Galena, OH

#9 Aug 4, 2010
no sh*t i didn't hear a thing
cher

Dublin, OH

#10 Aug 4, 2010
I live North of Circleville and it was lighting, thundering and pouring down raining around 4:00am this morning. It woke my husband & I both up; it was so bad! Then of course it slowed down around 5:00am when it was time for the alarm to go off! lol I was just happy our power didn't go out like alot of other peoples did :)
Westside Watcher

Columbus, OH

#11 Aug 4, 2010
NOSLOPPY2NDS wrote:
MY ELECTRIC WENT OUT IT WAS HOTTER THAN HECK.
I HAD TO BRUSH MY TEETH AND SHOWER IN THE DARK, DIDN'T TRY TO SHAVE, AND I COMBED MY HAIR BY THE LIGHT OF MY CELL PHONE AND I MADE IT TO WORK 10 MINS EARLY
Welcome to my world....I've NO AC all summer and it's been a nightmare.
Smawgunner

Columbus, OH

#12 Aug 4, 2010
AND NOT ONE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OR WARNING ANYWHERE TO BE FOUND! Someone dropped the ball on this one. When I heard it coming I checked the radar and all 3 stations...no mention of it AT ALL!
Anonymous

Delaware, OH

#14 Aug 4, 2010
I was watching your nbc4i dot com radar and I watched Columbus get hammered. I sure hope everybody is alright.
South easterner

Galloway, OH

#15 Aug 4, 2010
The storm was crazy. The lighting woke me up and it took me a minute to even figure out what was going on. I'm glad someone mentioned the strange lightning because I heard thunder that literally sounded like it wrapped around the house in a circle and came back! Don't know if there is a correlation, but it was interesting!

I also noticed that there were no warnings or watches - I checked the radar online a couple times between the power going out and there was nothing.
common sense

Newark, OH

#16 Aug 4, 2010
Smawgunner wrote:
AND NOT ONE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OR WARNING ANYWHERE TO BE FOUND! Someone dropped the ball on this one. When I heard it coming I checked the radar and all 3 stations...no mention of it AT ALL!
that's because it wasn't a severe thunderstorm. there was no wind, hail, etc. nobody dropped the ball. you weren't in any danger unless you were standing outside holding a golf club.

Since: Dec 09

Columbus, OH

#17 Aug 4, 2010
I live north of 161 by the brewery. And I have satellite tv also but it was only out for about 5 to 10 mins. The electric went out for a half a second. Their was warning on my Weather Channel program on my computer. But is was not the worst storm that has come through here at all.
zerocool

Grove City, OH

#18 Aug 4, 2010
I've lived in Ohio most of my life. That was the most intense lighting storms I've ever seen. Galloway was rocking last night!! Mother nature was having a bad menstrual cycle. I seen 5 to 10 lighting hits a second. It was like a strobe light. My house was shaking for over an hour.
Chris

Columbus, OH

#19 Aug 4, 2010
Yeah it didnt meet the severe thunderstorm criteria, but the National Weather Service shouldve issued a special weather statement.Not like it wouldve mattered or anything, but it did meet the criteria for that.
P Citizen

Nashport, OH

#20 Aug 4, 2010
Pano wrote:
There was a storm last night? I must have slept right through it!
Wow....then you must have been on heavy drugs to sleep through that.LOL!
THAT storm was enough to wake the dead!
P Citizen

Nashport, OH

#21 Aug 4, 2010
Grove City wrote:
Last night storm was bad, we never experienced nothing like this, all the furniture we have on the patio deck was moved some of them on the ground, a lot of tree branches thru the yard..........
Yeah...we've seen some lighting storm like that before...but that one was pretty scary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pickaway County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pickaway County woman found guilty in murder-fo... (Feb '16) Mar '18 JustWondering 30
Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea! (Aug '17) Nov '17 Curious 2
a letter to my daddy cody moore where are you a... (Nov '15) Aug '17 Lancaster Patriot 5
News DeWine blasts ruling that freed ex-model convic... (Aug '17) Aug '17 Stinks 9
Transportation in Pickaway County (Aug '17) Aug '17 Willie Makit 1
News Plans for New Manufacturing Facility in Ci... (Nov '15) Jul '17 Angie 51
Justice for Haven & Baby (Jul '17) Jul '17 Justice for Haven 1