Pender County principal says he'll retire over racism

Jun 6, 2011 Full story: WECT-TV Wilmington

The principal at Burgaw Elementary School says his contract wasn't going to be renewed next year because he's black.

Full Story
James lewis

Santa Clara, CA

#1 Jun 14, 2011
I had mr.lewis when i went to bes...he has two masters degrees and is and awesome character and role model....but as u can see they dont want that....they would rather let an un qualified person in a be head of ova 400 kids..pender county...needs their butt kicked
Minister Jo Ann Lewis

Washington, NC

#2 Feb 8, 2012
Mr. Lewis is a great educator and an exceptional role model for Burgaw Elementary School. It is a slap in the face to know that our society in Pender County still thrives and bears racism as their forefathers did. Why has Pender County fallen so far behind? They choose to pick and process people of their own kind. But when God sends you a man that does his job well and treats all equally you better beware Pender County itís time for a change!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pender County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tyrone Delgado on trial/In search of truth (Jun '08) Jul '14 Dobie 30
DEVELOPING: SBI to investigate deadly officer-i... (Apr '14) Apr '14 gail 1
Dog Adoption & Humane Awards At Governor's Mansion (Nov '13) Nov '13 daphne thomas 1
Man accused of sex crimes against young girl (Oct '13) Oct '13 MMF 1
Your Turn: What's the best way to fix traffic c... (Sep '13) Sep '13 macraig 1
SLIDESHOW: Pender Co. Sheriff's intake report f... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Orlando 1
Pender County arrests man on sex offense charges (Apr '12) Apr '12 Richard 1
More from around the web