FBI re-opens Mack Charles Parker lync...

FBI re-opens Mack Charles Parker lynching

There are 13 comments on the Picayune Item story from May 12, 2009, titled FBI re-opens Mack Charles Parker lynching. In it, Picayune Item reports that:

Fifty years ago, Poplarville, along with Pearl River County, was unwillingly thrust into the national spotlight involving the civil rights movement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Picayune Item.

Interested Party

United States

#1 May 16, 2009
Do we really need to drag this history up again? We should be looking ahead to find ways to solve problems as Mississippians , not bringing old shames to light.
ExTxEsq

Fillmore, CA

#2 May 17, 2009
Unfortunately they cannot seem to let the dead rest in peace.. Sad that they have to reopen so many wounds of things done by the past generations.

I thought we were moving to a New Era of Hope and Change.

Most of my juvenile life was spent around Jasper and Jones county. I am old enough to remember segregated drinking fountains and bathrooms.

I hope and pray that I am the LAST generation of Americans to witness the hate of that magnitude.
Dan

Nashville, TN

#3 May 18, 2009
No, you won't be the last. white people are more and more becoming the vicitms of hate crimes here in Nashville.
TEE

United States

#4 May 27, 2009
NO WAY WILL HE REST IN PEACE UNTIL JUSTICE IS SERVED
THIS IS A NEW DAY AND TIME... I'M LOOKING FOR JUSTICE FOR MY BROTHER......
Lumberton MS

Round Lake, IL

#5 Jun 2, 2009
i heard that, Right ON; I visit his grave every Sunday when i visit my Mother grave.
Greyrooster

Pinola, MS

#6 Jun 4, 2009
The FBI could be better put to address all the black on black and black on white crime going on this day.
Potsie

Washington, DC

#7 Jun 21, 2009
When you rape a pregnant woman in front of her 4 year old daughter and pistol-whip the daughter when she screams, you deserve what happens to you. Mack Charles Parker is burning in hell where he belongs.
Mississippian

Bogotá, Colombia

#8 Aug 6, 2009
I'm white and born and raised in Mississippi. There's no excuse for what those people did, not then, not now.

You put yourselves in the shoes of those attacked and lynched and you would sing a different song. I look at what some did, Byron de La Beckwith, the stupid ass killers of Till, etc.....they deserve the same to happen to them.

I hope they try everyone of these people, even if they're 90 years old.
poplarvillian

Hopkins, MN

#9 Oct 18, 2009
Potsie, you hit the nail on the head! It's sickening to me when criminals are potrayed as the victim. White or Black!
Mississippian

Bogotá, Colombia

#10 Oct 19, 2009
Potsie wrote:
When you rape a pregnant woman in front of her 4 year old daughter and pistol-whip the daughter when she screams, you deserve what happens to you. Mack Charles Parker is burning in hell where he belongs.
And, you know he did this, how?
que

Chattanooga, TN

#11 Oct 19, 2009
Dan wrote:
No, you won't be the last. white people are more and more becoming the vicitms of hate crimes here in Nashville.
He's Lying Tennesse is one of the most racists states period.!!
Mississippian

Bogotá, Colombia

#12 Oct 19, 2009
Potsie wrote:
You're right. Whoever did this should rot in hell.

BUT, you have no evidence that it was Parker.
MAVERICK

Nederland, TX

#13 Aug 31, 2010
You'd have to be Black and lived in the South prior to 1970 to know how it was back then with the burden of racism and oppression pressing down on you, to know and accept your place as being inferior, to feel even your life itself was dependent upon staying in your place and not violating White rules. The South was no better than Nazi Germany back then when it came to violating human rights. Holocaust survivors today say they will never forget and pursue the Eichmanns and Mengeles, just as Justice seeking American, Black or White, must press the case against the surviving perpetrators of racial crimes and violators of Constitutional rights. We live in a changing world with new enemies from within and abroad who threaten our freedoms. We must learn to endure together, live together, or surely we will all die together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl River County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News South Mississippi mugshots from Aug. 21, 2016 (Sep '16) Sep '16 Mississippi 1
News Need for senior services growing in South Missi... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Gulf 1
ReShape: Habitat Wake "LightWall Pavilion" To B... (May '13) May '13 blueplate 1
News More (Nov '12) Nov '12 JMD82 1
News Mayor endorses proposed countywide sales tax (May '12) May '12 JMD82 3
Superintedent out of control (May '12) May '12 Alfre Newman 1
News MDOT, Pearl River Co. to discuss road work (May '12) May '12 Anonymous 1
More from around the web