Inmates file abuse claims

Inmates file abuse claims

There are 14 comments on the The South Mississippi Sun Herald story from Dec 27, 2006, titled Inmates file abuse claims. In it, The South Mississippi Sun Herald reports that:

Six inmates at the Pearl River County jail have filed complaints of abuse, claiming they were tied to a chair and beaten by guards who also deprived them of necessities such as blankets and toilet paper, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The South Mississippi Sun Herald.

speed buggy

Arlington, TN

#1 Dec 28, 2006
Abuses in prisons for profit are common.
Ms -Los Angeles

Carson, CA

#2 Dec 28, 2006
Forgive me if I don't have sympathy for these inmates. They are in jail for a reason. If they stop acting a fool they would not be in jail.
Ray

Lancaster, PA

#3 Dec 28, 2006
An option should be provided for thier acceptance at any other jail in the world.
speed buggy

Arlington, TN

#4 Dec 28, 2006
Ms -Los Angeles wrote:
Forgive me if I don't have sympathy for these inmates. They are in jail for a reason. If they stop acting a fool they would not be in jail.
Sympathy isn't the issue. You should start getting some mental and emotional neutrality or else there could be a day when you find yourself locked up when you did not do it. Then the shoe will be on the other foot when you're doing the guard for a pillow.

There are innocent people locked up, a lot of them, and the only way to preserve them is to preserve them all.

If you cannot be a civilized jailer then you belong in the jail, literally.

“Wise is wise ”

Since: Dec 06

Austell, GA

#5 Dec 28, 2006
Prision Abuse is common yes, But its not right and the goverment needs to do something about. They are getting raped in there, abused, manipulated. Our Goverment just puts there back on it
speed buggy

United States

#6 Dec 28, 2006
gothicadam090 wrote:
Prision Abuse is common yes, But its not right and the goverment needs to do something about. They are getting raped in there, abused, manipulated. Our Goverment just puts there back on it
Government must do something about it because it is the money of the people who pay for these things.

It would also save billions in expenses to the taxpayer for government to retakeover jails and prisons that were handed over to profit taking enterprise.

The current status quo is nothing but money cronie pork but it took time for that to build up and expose itself for what it is and this aspect of the sytem can be taken back and administered for pennies on the dollar.

If the prisoners money or the money of prisoners family that paid for it then it would not be the position of the government to do something about it unless it would be to investigate and arrest members of the institution for the crimes they commit.

The official side of the prison system is heavily populated with sadists and a host of other sociopsychological misfits who thrive on the power and control and as long as they know that they will never be arrested and charged for their crimes because they wear a badge then they have an immutable geen light to dish out their own punishment without fear of retribution when it is not their position socially or legally to administer punishment because that is what the jail itself is for.
MATT

Perry, GA

#7 Dec 28, 2006
speed buggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Government must do something about it because it is the money of the people who pay for these things.
It would also save billions in expenses to the taxpayer for government to retakeover jails and prisons that were handed over to profit taking enterprise.
The current status quo is nothing but money cronie pork but it took time for that to build up and expose itself for what it is and this aspect of the sytem can be taken back and administered for pennies on the dollar.
If the prisoners money or the money of prisoners family that paid for it then it would not be the position of the government to do something about it unless it would be to investigate and arrest members of the institution for the crimes they commit.
The official side of the prison system is heavily populated with sadists and a host of other sociopsychological misfits who thrive on the power and control and as long as they know that they will never be arrested and charged for their crimes because they wear a badge then they have an immutable geen light to dish out their own punishment without fear of retribution when it is not their position socially or legally to administer punishment because that is what the jail itself is for.
AND YOU WOULD GO ABOUT THIS HOW EXACTLY?? EASY TO THROW ROCKS BUT HARDER TO THROW CONCISE IDEAS.

“Wise is wise ”

Since: Dec 06

Austell, GA

#8 Dec 29, 2006
MATT wrote:
<quoted text>
AND YOU WOULD GO ABOUT THIS HOW EXACTLY?? EASY TO THROW ROCKS BUT HARDER TO THROW CONCISE IDEAS.
Well do you want them to continue getting abused?
sunshine

AOL

#9 Jan 7, 2007
im sry but my husband is in there and it isnt his fault hes in there but he went with no cloths and no bed for 2 weeks and on christmas he well they had NO CLOTHS im sry but i dont forgive u

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Jan 7, 2007
sunshine wrote:
im sry but my husband is in there and it isnt his fault hes in there but he went with no cloths and no bed for 2 weeks and on christmas he well they had NO CLOTHS im sry but i dont forgive u
Well of course it wasn't your husband's fault for whatever he did. Likewise I'm sure he is an innocent man just like the 2 1/2 million or so inmates in U.S. jails and prisons. Criminals are aware of jail and prison conditions due to prior incarceration or friends in the system yet they continue to commit crimes and when they get caught they scream bloody murder about how bad conditions are at their facility. I for one am sick of hearing their BS. When you do the crime you gotta expect to do the time also.
nice job

Lees Summit, MO

#11 Jan 10, 2007
Sounds like a well run jail to me.
redneck_mom_2007

Pinola, MS

#12 Feb 24, 2007
i think thatthey should get the same rights as all. the jailers should get fired for what they didi its not right.they may have did wrong but they are still people to .
thatguy

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Oct 21, 2007
I had the misfortune of getting pulled over in pearl river county on the way thru mississippi, I had to spend a couple weeks in that hell hole county jail... I cant believe that a place like that is even allowed to stay open. There is constant abuse from the staff and the inmates like you couldnt imagine. They dont give you blankets, a pad for your steel bunk, or even a guard to keep the other 100 inmates, which all happen to be black and hate white people, from doing whatever they feel like. People shouldnt judge unless they've gone thru it. That place should be closed down.
thatguy

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Oct 21, 2007
And its not a matter of not being able to do the time, I just believe you should be allowed to do the time without the constant fear of someone ending your life for the hell of it. Even the FBI is investigating that place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl River County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News South Mississippi mugshots from Aug. 21, 2016 (Sep '16) Sep '16 Mississippi 1
News Need for senior services growing in South Missi... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Gulf 1
ReShape: Habitat Wake "LightWall Pavilion" To B... (May '13) May '13 blueplate 1
News More (Nov '12) Nov '12 JMD82 1
News Mayor endorses proposed countywide sales tax (May '12) May '12 JMD82 3
Superintedent out of control (May '12) May '12 Alfre Newman 1
News MDOT, Pearl River Co. to discuss road work (May '12) May '12 Anonymous 1
More from around the web