I75 off ramp accident Mar 19 2011

I75 off ramp accident Mar 19 2011

Posted in the Peach County Forum

justwondering

Des Moines, IA

#1 Mar 21, 2011
I was traveling north on I-75 this past Saturday (3/19/11) and saw where a white truck had gone off the road near an off ramp and looked like it went airborne over the road. Don't remember the exit, but it was in central Georgia. Didn't see any stories on the accident. Was wondering if there was more information and most importantly if everyone involved was ok.
Michelle

Toronto, Canada

#2 Mar 21, 2011
Also saw the accident, we were stuck right behind for over 2 hours, just looking to see if everything was okay.
Did you find anything? Hopefully that is a sign of good news... but it looked bad. a helicopter came and airlifted someone. And two tow trucks took away the vehicles... thats all I know.
justwondering

Des Moines, IA

#3 Mar 22, 2011
I searched all over the internet, but never found a story on it. I think we got there just after the first responders got there and they were just realizing what had happened. There also wasn't much of a back-up on I-75 at that point. If more than one vehicle was involved, I wonder if a vehicle was struck on the overpass before the truck landed on the other side of the embankment. We saw a fire truck on the overpass and looked like responders were just getting to the white truck. Also someone was walking over to look at the tire tracks up the embankment on the south side. Police were just cutting a cable that had landed across I-75. Sounds like you saw more than we did. Thank you for the info. Please post if there is a story on this accident, and hopfully all are ok.
Alex

Macomb, MI

#4 Mar 24, 2011
We saw it as it happened. The truck definitely ramped over the overpass. We saw it land and were among the first few to drive over the downed power lines. I called 911 and they said many were calling about the same thing. We kept going because there were already a good amount stopped to help. I can't find any news on this either and was wondering if the guy in the Truck had a heart attack and that is why he lost control. It was one of the craziest things I have ever seen.
Len

Cambridge, Canada

#5 Mar 24, 2011
I also saw the truck hit the bridge and as we went under the bridge saw it land. Did not see the hydro wire.We had been driving with that truck for quite a while. It was a very crazy thing to watch. I did not feel to great about it.My brother inlaw was stuck behind it and said that the truck caught on fire. I can only hope for the best for the driver.
monnibonni

Warrensburg, MO

#6 Mar 27, 2011
justwondering wrote:
I was traveling north on I-75 this past Saturday (3/19/11) and saw where a white truck had gone off the road near an off ramp and looked like it went airborne over the road. Don't remember the exit, but it was in central Georgia. Didn't see any stories on the accident. Was wondering if there was more information and most importantly if everyone involved was ok.
We saw the accident also but were too far along on the other side of the overpass to stop and saw that many others were stopping. We saw the driver turn to the right head left straight for the overpass and go airborne over the overpass and hit the power line and turn upside down in the air but did not see him land. Sounds like he caught on fire. Did not see him hit another car if one was involved. Looked to us like he fell asleep or had a heart attack as he never put the brakes on or could not have went airborne like he did. It was unbelievable to see. If you find out more please post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peach County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One Peach County deputy dead after shooting (Nov '16) Nov '16 openmind693 1
News Jury convicts Peach man of murder (Mar '08) Jul '16 Kat 11
School violence (Sep '14) Sep '14 Curious 1
News Five-year plan predicts shrinking enrollment in... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Angela Davis 1
News Man charged with murder in Econo Lodge shooting... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Wanna know 1
News Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Central Georgia (Jun '12) Jun '12 debra kemp 1
News Peach four-day school week to continue (Mar '11) Apr '12 T-N-D 2
More from around the web