Gloucester Emergency Services Coordinator resigns

Emergency Services Coordinator Mark Westfall has resigned his position, becoming the latest in a growing list of heads of Gloucester departments to exit the county. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Constituent

Middletown, MD

#1 May 19, 2008
Well, hey. The guy looked at me funny, so I told Tessie and Ressie. Guess that'll teach him.
Disgusted

United States

#2 May 19, 2008
The BOS continues to get rid of anyone who was ever associated with Stanaway or Theberge.
LB in Hayes

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 May 19, 2008
When will this bleeding end? Obviously things are much worse for the county employees now than under the previous BoS majority. If Altemus, Ressler, Crewe, and Woodard have the audacity to run for reelection, they should be commited to a mental hospital. These 4 are going to completely destroy Gloucester before they're done.
Just Me

Gloucester, VA

#4 May 19, 2008
I may be wrong but the words resigned effective imme ?diatly tell me something. He was either forced out or was fed up with Madam Chair, Ressler, and the rest of the "Rat Pack". How and when will this all end? Do they not see what they have done and are still doing ?
GLOUCESTER RESIDENT

Newport News, VA

#5 May 19, 2008
Just Me wrote:
I may be wrong but the words resigned effective imme ?diatly tell me something. He was either forced out or was fed up with Madam Chair, Ressler, and the rest of the "Rat Pack". How and when will this all end? Do they not see what they have done and are still doing ?
To me, it is obvious; they are doing what they have set out to do. That is, change names and faces. However, the are changing them with their cronies.

“I pity the fool !!”

Since: Jan 08

Milford, VA

#7 May 19, 2008
I'd like to thank Gloucester for keeping us down in Hampton company in the "Can You Believe How F'd Up Our Government Is?" doghouse.

Unfortunately you all can still vote your way out. We're stuck for another go around.
Burden of Proof

Hampton, VA

#9 May 19, 2008
The burden of proof is on you. Let's see the proof that Mr. Westfall was sent home drunk. Blood Alcohol tests will suffice. As far as the ERP, the emergency services coordinator along with fire and safety put that together. I would like to here from them about the ERP.
Since we are talking about putting out some info, did you know that Michelle Ressler saw Mr. Westfall campaigning for Sheriff Stanaway and told him that he had made a big mistake?
Who else do you think is on her list? The regional airport, the planning commission, the planning department, the county administration; it's all adding up. It's as if they are trying to make the county over in their image. Talk about a "God" complex.
Just Me

Gloucester, VA

#10 May 19, 2008
Burden of Proof wrote:
The burden of proof is on you. Let's see the proof that Mr. Westfall was sent home drunk. Blood Alcohol tests will suffice. As far as the ERP, the emergency services coordinator along with fire and safety put that together. I would like to here from them about the ERP.
Since we are talking about putting out some info, did you know that Michelle Ressler saw Mr. Westfall campaigning for Sheriff Stanaway and told him that he had made a big mistake?
Who else do you think is on her list? The regional airport, the planning commission, the planning department, the county administration; it's all adding up. It's as if they are trying to make the county over in their image. Talk about a "God" complex.
Good point. Besides, in what job could you come in drunk enough to be sent home for three months and not be fired long ago. Seems like the previous poster is just trying to muddy the water and stear us away from the real problems, Madam Chair, Ressler, Crewe,and Woodared.
Another 1 bites the dust

Hampton, VA

#11 May 19, 2008
It looks like Ressler, Woodhouse and the rest of the Gloucester Mafia are working their way down their hit list. Who's next?
An Achilles Heel

Richmond, VA

#12 May 19, 2008
Having suffered through Isabel, Ernesto, swamp fires, and a near miss with the recent tornadoes, I'm afraid that Gloucester Co. and thus their Emergency Management were not prepared for events that needed prior planning and citizen input or involvement. The county needs to bring in top people who have an established background and credentials in Emergency Managment. They need to get their act together for the upcoming hurricane season Otherwise, we will be left to deal with local disasters on our own again, including the trials and tribulations endured with FEMA. Nor do I believe the sheriff's office is up to the task. Those who do not learn from history and past mistakes, often have to repeat them.
Another 1 bites the dust

Hampton, VA

#14 May 19, 2008
An Achilles Heel wrote:
Having suffered through Isabel, Ernesto, swamp fires, and a near miss with the recent tornadoes, I'm afraid that Gloucester Co. and thus their Emergency Management were not prepared for events that needed prior planning and citizen input or involvement. The county needs to bring in top people who have an established background and credentials in Emergency Managment. They need to get their act together for the upcoming hurricane season Otherwise, we will be left to deal with local disasters on our own again, including the trials and tribulations endured with FEMA. Nor do I believe the sheriff's office is up to the task. Those who do not learn from history and past mistakes, often have to repeat them.
So now we can go into hurricane season with no one in charge of emergency services. Two things to keep in mind: no "top people" in their right minds are going to apply to work for Gloucester County under the current gang of 4 and this clears the way for Gentry to get his extra $18,000, retroactive to Jan. 1

“Conceived a Republican”

Since: Mar 08

Here

#15 May 19, 2008
http://www.gloucesterva.info/board/homepage.h...

Call your supervisors tonight. Email them tonight.
Copy all of the supervisors on email. we each have 3 supervisors representing us, our district and 2 at-large.

Phone numbers and email addys are on the link above.

Talk to them about this situation and dispatch.

Thanks
Told ya so

Gloucester, VA

#16 May 19, 2008
Get the facts wrote:
Hurry all, jump on the good ship SS Slam the BOS. When all the facts come out regarding Marc Westfall, you will realize that this had NOTHING to do with the BOS. Hint, look at the last time that the emergency response plan was updated [required update every 3 years]and when Marc was hired. And if you don't feel like looking into that, find out how many times he was sent home for being drunk at work in the last 3 months.
I know my info is correct. Wonder how long it will take for the great investigative reporter Matt to figure this one out. Anyone want to prove me wrong?
If his last assistant's resignation letter is part of the FOIA, it would make for some good reading. I know her and the grounds on why he was "asked to resign"... Wow, I think he went through something like 4 or 5 assistants in less than that many years.
Come on, Matt and get the facts out. This time, his actions were out of the hands of the BOS and no one could cover his rear.
As far as the drunk rumors, I can't confirm those and would be surprised if they were true.
get your FACTS straight

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#17 May 19, 2008
Get the facts wrote:
Hurry all, jump on the good ship SS Slam the BOS. When all the facts come out regarding Marc Westfall, you will realize that this had NOTHING to do with the BOS. Hint, look at the last time that the emergency response plan was updated [required update every 3 years]and when Marc was hired. And if you don't feel like looking into that, find out how many times he was sent home for being drunk at work in the last 3 months.
I know my info is correct. Wonder how long it will take for the great investigative reporter Matt to figure this one out. Anyone want to prove me wrong?
These are not facts and you should not be trying to spread lies like this. This is absolutly about the BOS. Please are you blind!!!

“Conceived a Republican”

Since: Mar 08

Here

#18 May 19, 2008
A copy of an email just sent to the BOS members.

Mr. Rilee, Mrs. Theberge, and Mrs. Ressler.

The mass exodus of department heads and other major county employees is alarming to say the least. What were your expectations on running the county with so many departments missing their head, and what is your plan for replacing them? What is the total cost incurred by the taxpayers since Jan 2-3, and was it worth it? Not in my opinion and the opinions of hundreds of people I am in direct contact with weekly.

The replacing of Mr. Zahn on the MPRAA is to serve what purpose? He is the chairman of that group, and has the expertise to get things accomplished. His record over there speaks for itself. Why on earth would you ignore his request to be reappointed?

Mark Westfall, Jay Scudder, Larry Dame, and all of the rest...when will the bleeding of Gloucester County end?

Now, let's talk dispatch. It is the consensus of those same hundreds of people that I am in contact with weekly, that dispatch MUST stay here in Gloucester. It is absolutely absurd to even think about moving this leg of the emergency services to another jurisdiction. Build a new facility or renovate the existing one. Merging needs to be taken OFF of the table.

Thank you for considering these matters with your constituents desires in mind.

Sincerely

Tommy Wheat
Definitions

Hampton, VA

#19 May 19, 2008
You know what I call people who resign solely because they can't get along with the BOS??? COWARDS! Come on people, its part of working in today's world. The BOS is not nearly as powerful as everyone gives them credit for. I firmly believe that the root of the issue with all these resignations is due to the fact that Gloucester's pay scale might be slightly out of wack with the surrounding localities.....leaving for more $$ makes a whole lot more sense then leaving due just because of the BOS. I'd bet $ to donuts that everyone who has resigned will be or is making significantly more $ then the position they left.
Reader

Readington, NJ

#20 May 19, 2008
"Stay tuned." I suspect his sudden resignation means some things said are close to the truth. I have had associations with many Gloucester departments, and many I find were quite rude, enept, arrogant, and inefficient. Could Marc be one of them?
BOS not to blame

Chesapeake, VA

#21 May 19, 2008
As much as I like to take any opportunity to fault our latest members of our County BOS, this latest departure was due to none other than the actions, or shall I say, inaction of Mr. Westfall. Trust me on this.
Facts and Fairness

Rum, Austria

#22 May 19, 2008
'Get the Facts' is using anonymous posts to circulate evil, slanderous, and unfounded rumors -- true or false this is hardly the place a decent human being would post this sort of allegations. No one hear can test them or even know who 'Get the Facts' is to ask for corroboration. Thatís called a cheap shot where I come from. I think the BOV and their supporters like 'Get the Facts' are showing us exactly what sort of people they are (and what sort of people their parents must have been to have raised them). Scum is scum. Whether or not this person was drunk at work, Get the Facts has shown s/he can out-do any such ignominy.
Facts and Fairness

Rum, Austria

#23 May 19, 2008
spelling aside (hear, here, whatever)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Business leaders recognized (Dec '13) Dec '13 Alf 1
Home town celebrates connections carried on ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Video Fan 2
prom (Feb '12) Sep '12 Warrior 3
My Blog In Animal Cruelty (Jan '12) Jan '12 Betty Sue Haynes 1
Police (Feb '11) Dec '11 Beth 3
Deadline looms for Patrick dogs (Nov '11) Nov '11 Betty Sue Haynes 2
J. Romero ? Wright (Nov '11) Nov '11 Friend 1
•••

Patrick County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••