Deadline looms for Patrick dogs

Nov 13, 2011 Full story: Martinsville Bulletin

Homes need to be found for 40 dogs in Patrick County by Thursday, and Sheriff Dan Smith said authorities have offered to help.

Full Story
Betty Sue Haynes

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Nov 13, 2011
It really seems our newly re-elected Sheriff has some issues telling the truth. He stated in the article that I was told VERBALLY before that I was to get my numbers down to 20. As God as my witness and he can strike me dead at this moment. The first I ever heard of any deadline was when Officer Owens handed me the letter Thursday Nov 10th that stated I had 7 days to get my numbers down to 20. No deadline was set at court, the Sheriff,Animal Control nor anyone else in our county told me anything. It is a shame that they did this to the dogs. I will be forced to take what ever remains that I can't place to the very kill shelters they were saved from once. That is not fair in the least. From the point of my court date 10-26-11 to the date I got the notice from Officer Owens 11-10-11 I had re homed 15 dogs and I had some additional ones waiting to go to their new homes up north. I had been working hard to get my numbers down. I had every intentions of getting them down to below what the judge even suggested.

You can help, you can adopt one of the dogs on our site or you can provide one a temp place to live until we can get them in to an adoptive home. This whole ordeal has been a nightmare. You can see our web site at http://www.ourcritters.net !
Betty Sue Haynes

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Nov 26, 2011
We got the dogs in to adoptive homes, and foster homes. We are in compliance. Not one dog was sent back to the kill shelter. I am thankful for all who stepped up to help, although not one person in the community ever did. Which that does not surprise me in the least. I also want to thank the spiteful neighbor who started all the mess. Her intentions was out of pure spite, but in the end that is going to bite her in the butt. The people who matter sees her true colors. And I will be the one who wins in the end :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charges advance (Aug '10) Jan 13 miss cleveland 3
Business leaders recognized (Dec '13) Dec '13 Alf 1
Home town celebrates connections carried on ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Video Fan 2
prom (Feb '12) Sep '12 Warrior 3
My Blog In Animal Cruelty (Jan '12) Jan '12 Betty Sue Haynes 1
Police (Feb '11) Dec '11 Beth 3
J. Romero ? Wright (Nov '11) Nov '11 Friend 1
More from around the web