Palm Beach County commissioners to debate nonpartisan elections

With Palm Beach County commissioners set today to discuss making their elections nonpartisan, Commissioner Bob Kanjian put public pressure on his colleagues to support the initiative amid political maneuvering ... Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
district3

San Francisco, CA

#1 Sep 25, 2007
GO BOB ,GO FEDS,GO FINS, GO VOTERS,ITS TIME TO KICK SOME A S S.
mad native

West Palm Beach, FL

#2 Sep 25, 2007
Best thing I've heard yet. Next make the commish an "at large" vote.
Jody Tagaris

Lake Worth, FL

#3 Sep 25, 2007
Partisan or nonpartisan, makes no difference. McCarty was chair of the Republican Party and she has never been a Republican. The party will still decide who can and can not run, along with all their corrupt "good old boys", who pour money into the "Chosen One's Campaign". God forbid someone should stand up for their own right to run. The payback can leave lives broken in all ways possible. I know, as I have lived with McCarty's wrath and all of the corruption that comes with it. How dare I not support her choices and to challenge her in a campaign? She may think that she is destroying my life, but the battle is not over!
Fred

West Palm Beach, FL

#4 Sep 25, 2007
mad native wrote:
Best thing I've heard yet. Next make the commish an "at large" vote.
Fred:

As a fellow native with a long memory, I support district voting. If you go back to "at large", people like Aaronson will rally their condo commandos to block vote for all of their chosen candidates and we will end up with seven Burts! that's what we had before we went to district voting. South County was electing everyone else's commissioners. Is that what you want?
Andrew E

Lake Worth, FL

#5 Sep 25, 2007
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Fred:
As a fellow native with a long memory, I support district voting. If you go back to "at large", people like Aaronson will rally their condo commandos to block vote for all of their chosen candidates and we will end up with seven Burts! that's what we had before we went to district voting. South County was electing everyone else's commissioners. Is that what you want?
Even better would be to incorporate the urban areas of PBC and kick the county out of our business.
ConsequenceforAc tion

United States

#6 Sep 25, 2007
Such delusions...the party gets behind their candidates and supports them loudly and vigorously...that is how Arthur Anderson was elected. The Democrats wanted him elected...

Once again a Republican, Kanjia...starts a controversy where there was none and the important issues like insurance, property taxes, health insurance and other social services get lost...

There is no such thing as a non partisan election and I suggest this be left alone...at least if the elections are partisan we are honestly calling them that...

In some cases I believe that the office holder should be appointed so the County Commission can fire them quickly when mismanagement occurs....
newzhound

Auburn Hills, MI

#7 Sep 27, 2007
Jody Tagaris wrote:
Partisan or nonpartisan, makes no difference. McCarty was chair of the Republican Party and she has never been a Republican. The party will still decide who can and can not run, along with all their corrupt "good old boys", who pour money into the "Chosen One's Campaign". God forbid someone should stand up for their own right to run. The payback can leave lives broken in all ways possible. I know, as I have lived with McCarty's wrath and all of the corruption that comes with it. How dare I not support her choices and to challenge her in a campaign? She may think that she is destroying my life, but the battle is not over!
I guess if anyone should know about corruption it would be Jody Tagaris a.k.a. Warmack a.k.a. trudy rood a.k.a. Echevaria etc. Just research her last bid for office. And she doesn't need the good old boys $, she took enough of the old crippled guy's that she married (and is now being divorced by). Oh, if Ms. Tagaris is being harassed by Ms. McCarty as she claims, maybe it is karma for using her old man's $(without his knowlege I imagine) to mount frivoulos lawsuit to bleed several working class people... the good news for Mrs. Tagaris is that apparently she now has another person on her hit list to obsess about getting even with.
newzhound

Auburn Hills, MI

#8 Sep 27, 2007
I guess if anyone should know about corruption it would be Jody Tagaris a.k.a. Warmack a.k.a. trudy rood a.k.a. Echevaria etc. Just research her last bid for office. And she doesn't need the good old boys $, she took enough of the old crippled guy's that she married (and is now being divorced by). Oh, if Ms. Tagaris is being harassed by Ms. McCarty as she claims, maybe it is karma for using her old man's $ (without his knowlege I imagine) to mount frivoulos lawsuits to bleed several working class people... the good news for Mrs. Tagaris is that apparently she now has another person on her hit list to obsess about getting even with.
mad native

West Palm Beach, FL

#9 Oct 3, 2007
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Fred:
No, I don't want Aaronson in.
However, when we had "at large" voting, there wasn't the expansion of residential home areas.
I don't think that the condo assns. are as extensive as they were in the '60's.
The way they have drawn the district lines insure that Aaronson and Greene will never be voted out of office...thus, the general populace will not be represented.
I might be wrong, but I still would want "at large" voting. I also think non-partisan makes sense.
mad native

West Palm Beach, FL

#10 Oct 3, 2007
Andrew E wrote:
<quoted text>
Even better would be to incorporate the urban areas of PBC and kick the county out of our business.
You would be creating another taxing entity and additional corruption.
JoshuaWPB

Sabattus, ME

#11 Oct 14, 2007
Jody Tagaris should worry more about herself. I searched her name on the Palm Beach County Clerks website (heres the link :http://courtcon.co.palm-beach .fl.us/pls/jiwp/ck_public_qry_ cpty.cp_personcase_setup_idx )Here are the charges against her in this civil lawsuit:
PETITION FOR DISS OF MARR, INJUNCTION, CONSTRUCTIVE FRAUD, CONSTRUCTIVE TRUST, FRAUD, FRAUD IN THE INDUCTMEN, CONVERSION, REFORMATION AND OTHER RELIEF . It appears she is stalling in fully disclosing her financials and just tried to have the judge recused which was denied. This is interesting stuff and all public record. She also has tried to claim that her soon to be ex husband mentally incompetent at a Delray court which was dismissed after he was evaluated by 3 court appointed professionals. Someone should write a book....it just keeps on going !!!!!
Jody Tagaris wrote:
no justice

United States

#12 Feb 4, 2008
What a shame! Ms. Tagaris/Warmack has managed to get away with all the loot she scammed from the old gent she married a couple of years ago. He divorced her and did not want to spend his remaining years in court. Now she can continue her decades long unemployment. Let's hope there is such a thing as karma.
FacetheConsequen ces

Hollywood, FL

#13 Feb 5, 2008
mad native wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't want Aaronson in.
However, when we had "at large" voting, there wasn't the expansion of residential home areas.
I don't think that the condo assns. are as extensive as they were in the '60's.
The way they have drawn the district lines insure that Aaronson and Greene will never be voted out of office...thus, the general populace will not be represented.
I might be wrong, but I still would want "at large" voting. I also think non-partisan makes sense.
Their terms will be limited and then they will be out of office after having served their communities very well. And then you will no doubt get more of Masilotti and Newell...is that what you approve of?
phoenix

Atlanta, GA

#14 Mar 13, 2008
If Ms. Tagaris is interested in answers, check out the Palm Beach Post Message board post "Jody Tagaris vs Kaufman.
no justice

United States

#15 Mar 16, 2008
It is disgusting the way this Tagaris woman keeps getting away with stuff and keeps pretending to be some kind of moral crusader. Be interesting to see what kind of people associate with her politically in the future.
Hello

Lake Worth, FL

#16 Jan 17, 2009
Newshound, what would you know about work? You have spent your life scamming and using people. Please seek mental help and get a life.
Hello

Lake Worth, FL

#17 Jan 17, 2009
To No Justice:
Justice has been served and who is going to jail? Your buddy, McCarty and two for one, Kevin too. The FBI are continuing to investigate and more will fall from your list of friends. You were found guilty in a Martin County court of law: Tagaris vs Kaufman. You thought you could get away with theft of a vessel with the help of George, who was a no show after every dirty thing you did for him. Not nice! McCarty could not save your dirty butt. Get over it and get a life.
Voice_Of_Victims

Norton, MA

#18 Jan 22, 2009
Jody Warmack Tagaris is a sociopathic predator. She is truly a danger to society. She continues to take more victims down by severing families… The latest news is that she spewed her poison on her attorney’s family and they are now heading for divorce court. This is the 3rd family she has destroyed. What can anyone see in this obviously unattractive and crazy woman?… She must be good at something besides reaking havoc on anyone she crosses path with. Steer clear of this one. She is truly deranged.
Sick of the Pitty Pot

United States

#19 Jan 30, 2009
newzhound wrote:
I guess if anyone should know about corruption it would be Jody Tagaris a.k.a. Warmack a.k.a. trudy rood a.k.a. Echevaria etc. Just research her last bid for office. And she doesn't need the good old boys $, she took enough of the old crippled guy's that she married (and is now being divorced by). Oh, if Ms. Tagaris is being harassed by Ms. McCarty as she claims, maybe it is karma for using her old man's $(without his knowlege I imagine) to mount frivoulos lawsuits to bleed several working class people... the good news for Mrs. Tagaris is that apparently she now has another person on her hit list to obsess about getting even with.
Poor Charles Kaufman, steals Tagaris' boat and is court ordered to return the boat. Get over it you lost and it was proven that you ARE the thief! Anyone can look at the court documents and see that you lost in Martin County and with the 4th DCA on appeal. You need to get over your infatuation and obsession with Jody Tagaris. She loves Nick Tagaris and has done every thing possible to make his life a happy one. You and his evil children could not stand to see them happy and with McCarty pulled off your dirty deeds with the help of a dirty judge. McCarty is going to jail, along with her ass of a husband, not Tagaris. She has proof of all of your dirty dealings, so I wonder who will fall next out of your sick little click. You are done, McCarty is finished, maybe the Judge will be next.......or the greedy Tagaris kids. Go get them Jody! Your stamina is awesome and never give up on Nick.....
Dump the Coughman

AOL

#20 Jan 30, 2009
Voice_Of_Victims wrote:
Jody Warmack Tagaris is a sociopathic predator. She is truly a danger to society. She continues to take more victims down by severing families… The latest news is that she spewed her poison on her attorney’s family and they are now heading for divorce court. This is the 3rd family she has destroyed. What can anyone see in this obviously unattractive and crazy woman?… She must be good at something besides reaking havoc on anyone she crosses path with. Steer clear of this one. She is truly deranged.
Whoever wrote this statement is the one who is deranged. The writer is psychotic and fixated on trying to defame a good person who has fought hard against the evil corruption in Palm Beach County.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Beach County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warrant issued for Florida woman who won't allo... Mar 16 thenose 1
News Twitter Use Among Doctors Stirs Controversy Feb '15 Asian guy 1
News Police focus on South Florida 'gypsy' crimes sp... (Jul '11) Dec '14 Gypsy boy 11
News French ambassador to U.S. meets Jewish leaders Nov '14 wacejacke 1
News Wells Fargo Bank Sued for Awareness of Violatio... (Nov '11) Nov '14 swedenforever 6
News Should Florida ban pit bulls? (Jul '14) Oct '14 Youguysarecrazy 17
News County jails: Commissaries offer inmates a rang... (May '09) Oct '14 aarond821 109
More from around the web