PBC inmate sues doctor, healthcare pr...

PBC inmate sues doctor, healthcare provider, says he was denied...

There are 16 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 28, 2007, titled PBC inmate sues doctor, healthcare provider, says he was denied.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

A former Palm Beach County Jail inmate sued the jail's former healthcare provider and one of its doctors on Thursday, accusing Prison Health Services of negligence for allegedly denying him care for a medical ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

#1 Jan 28, 2007
Just the tip of that proverbial iceberg. I used to work in WOmen's Detention Center (Miami) and I was amazed not only in the general incompetence of the medical staff, but also how they actually refused to take care of small problems untill they became large problems.

I hope this guy is able to shine a lot of light on this situation. Remember, he is not after tax dollars here. Just private money from a contractor and a doctor. So don't whine about any convicts and tax money here...

Lake Hamilton, FL

#2 Jan 28, 2007
Just show me the money.
justice wins

Miramar Beach, FL

#3 Jan 28, 2007
some PBC inmates should be injected with PBC's

Toronto, Canada

#4 Jan 28, 2007
the Moral of the story:

Stay out of jail. Everything about it sucks, including the healthcare.

United States

#5 Jan 28, 2007
should have received care

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Jan 28, 2007
NO sympathy and NO money. If you were law abiding citizens, then you would not have this problem. Inmates should get nothing but work and a little food...thats it.
Wrong move

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Jan 28, 2007
Maybe he should have not violated his probation. Let alone do something illegal to being with. POS convict.
Who Cares

Spartanburg, SC

#8 Jan 28, 2007
"Palm Beach County -- A former Palm Beach County Jail inmate sued the jail's former healthcare provider and one of its doctors on Thursday, accusing Prison Health Services of negligence for allegedly denying him care for a medical condition, resulting in permanent injury."

He was a FORMER inmate who isn't anymore.

Grand Ledge, MI

#9 Jan 28, 2007
when you get arrested, you see a nurse and tell her the meds you are taking. Them supposed to give your your meds. If you take seizure medication or psychotropic drugs, and they dont give it to you something serious can happen. Remember, ain't everybody arrested is guilty. Dont deny people their medication. Dont let me be on that jury or your taxes gonna really go effin up up up.

Boca Raton, FL

#10 Jan 28, 2007
No one should be allowed to suffer unless it is their choice. (That is why I have no sympathy for the homeless who serve to blight the downtown district.) But prisoners don't have a choice. They are doing their time and therefore, should be given adequate care since we're paying for it.
Business as usual

Vancouver, Canada

#11 Jan 28, 2007
Don't get arrested and you won't have to worry when you see your doctor. You will be able to go when you want. Why should the taxpayer's keep paying for these losers????
no way

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 Jan 28, 2007
Thats what happens when your in jail and have no insurance!

Cry me a river jail bird.

#13 Jan 28, 2007
Most people stutter when they are lying........ he must be a constant liar........
Prisoners have rights

Tampa, FL

#16 Jan 28, 2007
I am extremely appalled...aghast... to read comments from some members of our society who seem to be just outright brutal and inhumane. Let there be no room for misunderstanding that prisoners are, indeed, human beings. They are not beasts.
Those who are arrested are presumed to be innocent unless and until the prosecution proves their guilt to a jury. Therefore, we must not tolerate the delivery of substandard health care to anyone, including a jail or prison inmate.
From a Former PC Inmate

Barcelona, Spain

#17 Jan 29, 2007
As a former PBC inmate I can say that with holding medical care is a norm. I persnally saw a man denied treatment for a tooth abcess and this man suffered extreme pain for weeks on end. Remember, what cruelty is served on men while in the PBC will then be transfered back to society later!
From a Former PC Inmate

Barcelona, Spain

#20 Jan 30, 2007
Pleading guilty does not in and of itself mean that the person is guilty. Look up what a rule 35 or 5K1 is. While I was held in Jail and then later in Federal detention I observed inmates going out for the day only to find out they were being prepared to testify against people they knew NOTHING about. I.E. under rule 35 or 5K1 in the federal system a person is credited when he or she testifies and or provides SUBSTANTIAL assistance in the prosecution of another individual. To achieve this the govt in many cases seeks inmates that would like to participate and offers them a reduction in their sentence. Then the govt teaches the person who will testify, I.E. "provide substantial assistance" everything they nned to know about the person the govt seeks to convict. Don't beleive this, then go to your closest federal court house and go into the computer system there and look up how many Rule 35 and 5K1's are processed each year.

So why would someone plea guilty whos is innocent? Because they know that the govt. has trained someone to testify against them and that in reality that person knew NOTHING about them until they were briefed on what to say by the prosecution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Palm Beach County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News County jails: Commissaries offer inmates a rang... (May '09) Mar 1 Atyia 113
News Haitians shocked at decision to end temp status Feb '18 The Way I See It 5
Gifts for the homeless! Dec '17 David OConnell 1
News Heroin Overdoses Are Good Advertising for Drug ... (Nov '16) Dec '17 Pillheads SUCK 4
News Florida man charged after corpse found near 3-f... Dec '17 youremyboyblue 2
News Sword murder suspect claims he was defending hi... Nov '17 Mean guy 1
News Dr. Avossa speaks on teacher salaries, shortage Nov '17 Chuck 1