3 arrested following robbery in Owsley

Jul 18, 2007 Full story: Kentucky.com 16

Police suspect three adults charged yesterday with robbery in Owsley County also are responsible for two other cases.

A robbery on Doe Creek Road was reported about 2 a.m. While en route to the scene, Kentucky State Police stopped the suspect vehicle and arrested three people, one of whom tried to flee.

State police said the suspects forced their way into the victims' homes after identifying themselves as police officers.

Jeremiah Birch, 27, of Booneville, was charged with robbery, two counts of complicity to commit robbery, receiving stolen property over $300, three counts of possession of a handgun by a convicted felon, no operator's license, no insurance, expired registration and failure to register transfer of a vehicle. Read more

Full Story
unknown woman

Virgie, KY

#1 Jul 30, 2007
I am so glad to hear that Ronald Shane Turner has been caught up in his meanness. Mr. Turner has set people up in this county and destroyed families so he can get drugs for his own habit. Mr. Turner had help from different law officials and I am glad he has gotten caught in Owsley where he started his problem and now his problem will be solved there.
Used to live there

Shelbyville, KY

#2 Aug 14, 2007
Amen!!!
gues who

Rousseau, KY

#3 Feb 4, 2008
your so right he is a bad apple i know he use to be a fine little boy but he hung around the wrong crowd he has robbed and stole for the last 14 years i have known him and his brother larry
lady in owsley

Mckee, KY

#4 Mar 18, 2008
ok i have know shane turner for a long time. yes he has done wrong things. but i know that he was got out of bed that night. to go and help this other person or people. and yes he should said no. but where did they go. to rob a drug dealer. and a pimp. thats sales young girls to old men.a person who sales them drugs. they get high and broke and they go where they know tey can get it. and they hit bang with drugs. i blame the drug dealers. thats got our young people hooked on drugs. and then get mad when they come and take what they want. why this person have so many drugs and guns at his house.. now there are half dozen ways looking at this story. and i see it one way. and i pray some day shane will see the light. but put blame of some thins on drug dealers. mad as hell over players that the law do not get .
KY_Boy

Montgomery, AL

#5 Mar 25, 2008
lady in owsley wrote:
ok i have know shane turner for a long time. yes he has done wrong things. but i know that he was got out of bed that night. to go and help this other person or people. and yes he should said no. but where did they go. to rob a drug dealer. and a pimp. thats sales young girls to old men.a person who sales them drugs. they get high and broke and they go where they know tey can get it. and they hit bang with drugs. i blame the drug dealers. thats got our young people hooked on drugs. and then get mad when they come and take what they want. why this person have so many drugs and guns at his house.. now there are half dozen ways looking at this story. and i see it one way. and i pray some day shane will see the light. but put blame of some thins on drug dealers. mad as hell over players that the law do not get .
I know a lot of people that from time to time give a helping hand, however, that does not make them a good person. If the person spends most of their time getting high or looking to get high by any means to include theft, then they are not a good person. You can blame the drugs and drug dealers all you want be even with those poor influences, he had a choice and over the last 14 years has had many a choices to change his life. You might say it started because he started hanging with the wrong crowd? How many parents blame their kids problems because Turner and his crowd were the wrong crowd to be hanging with? When everyone stops making excuses for the individual than hopefully the individual will stop making excuses for himself. Additionally, they were convicted felons so I'm pretty sure that they all had previous problems with the law and following them. Also, I seriously dowbt that all the targets of their crimes were drug dealers and pimps.

Since: Jul 08

Mckee, KY

#6 Jul 10, 2008
im not taking up for turner.... he done wrong. but i also think the guy he help rob that night should have a jail cell also. or share one with turner... hes no better then shane. hes a low life. saling young girls. and selling pills... i still say hes no better.
HIss

Virgie, KY

#7 Aug 10, 2008
I think he is a low life who does no better than the people he robs that you keep saying sells girls. He goes into people's homes saying he is with UNITE and robs them....he takes the drugs that he supposedly gives the people he sets up so why do you think he is so great? I think if they start with him then the problem will lessen and he chooses to pick his friends that make him look like a low life.
Who Cares

Booneville, KY

#8 Sep 5, 2008
well i know all the men in this deal very personally and they are indeed ALL lowlifes.Lets see "Fido"Shane,for indeed being a theifing caniving little shit!But you all have it backwards on the man he robed.He does not for a fact sell girls!He buys them!He cam from out of here and is deffinetly one thing that needs to be put out of this town!He is sickining and promises young girls the world!
If you dont

Erlanger, KY

#9 Sep 6, 2008
Wait, till Fido gets all you in jail and he ends up being the head negro in charge and all of you are his new girlfriends. You all will be his little hos. He'll give you a new name, like 'Cheryl' or 'Nancy' or whatever he wants to call you and you'll like sucking his dog paw all nite.
HIss

Virgie, KY

#10 Sep 8, 2008
What little army is fido going to have to help him when he becomes our Leader? I dont have anything good to say about him and I wont be sucking anything fido has because I dont have a spy glass strong enough to find it.
Cracked Egg

Mckee, KY

#11 Sep 8, 2008
Sounds like someone is scared of Fido!!
speedy

Booneville, KY

#12 Sep 10, 2008
I know all the people involved in this robbery. Shane, Mr Birch, his wife, the old man on Doe Creek and his mate. We all know these young people was wrong in what they did. And so far as the old man he never sold anyone and never promise anyone anything except for Natasha Rice. He did offer her and her daughter a home in Bowling Green Ky, if she would quit her habit and that didn't work out. he is not a drug dealer I know that much about him. However he does like the ladies and does give them money.
nobody

Mckee, KY

#13 Sep 10, 2008
i know the old man and he is a good feller he helps people anyway he can and i dont think u all should be sayin stuff about people u dont know
nobody

Mckee, KY

#14 Sep 10, 2008
But if you want a good time, just call me and I'll hook you.
rpd7163

Richmond, IN

#15 Oct 3, 2008
man you all are nuts they are all shit bags
Jenny

Louisville, KY

#16 Feb 3, 2012
I met Shane while I was incarcerated. I have written and talked to him everyday for the last several months.I understand that people are upset with the choices he has made in his past but DONT WE ALL HAVE SECRETS? I know that Shane is a great person and he does regret the choices he has made. Does anyone deserve to sit in a lonely cold place for the time he will? No people do change. Judging someone for they're past actions isn't my job GOD does that. It seems like Shane has hurt alot of people and done things that were not so noble in his life. I guess all Im saying is, I feel grtaeful to have met this man he has brought so much joy into my life that it really doesn't matter what he has done in his past. I hope that all the people who posted bad comments realize that this amn does have a heart and a conscience. Forgiviness is LOVE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owsley County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
apology to friends and family of miss johnson, ... Nov '14 L Smith 1
2014 Election??? Nov '14 Toby 1
Jobs Aug '14 In the Know 1
divorce or nott (Jan '13) Jul '14 Mike 4
who is ready for some change in booneville (Aug '08) Jul '14 Mike 3
Re not telling the truth (May '14) May '14 Whos line is it a... 1
Loving Owsley County (Mar '08) Jan '14 Tester 7
More from around the web