Ex-Wrightstown teacher's sex-assault sentences stand

Mar 28, 2007 Full story: Green Bay Press-Gazette 31

Former Wrightstown Middle School teacher Stephen Sherman failed today to convince Outagamie County Circuit Court Judge Dee Dyer that he should be resentenced for sexual assaults on two juvenile girls. via Green Bay Press-Gazette

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bexxx

Leamington Spa, UK

#1 Oct 9, 2007
i was a student at wrigthstown middle school when he was a teacher there. i was also friends with one of the girls involved. it has really affected her and i'm glad he didn't get away with it!
Danni

Springfield, IL

#2 Oct 11, 2007
You are only hearing one side of the story and have no idea what happened. I think she is feeling guilty for the lying she has done and for what her mother pushed her to do. Neither side had any evidence either way and the charges should have been droppeed!!!!!
Vern

Appleton, WI

#3 Oct 20, 2007
Danni, you are clueless. I found out a relative of mine was involved with sherman. It wasn't related to the case but she was also a student of his. The point, this man was doing some very unethical and illegal things for a man who the community put trust in. This guy is totally guilty of the charges...TRUST ME!!
Danni

Springfield, IL

#4 May 14, 2008
How do you know your friend wasn't lying? I know, and have known, Sherman for almost ten years. I don't believe that you have ANY idea what you are talking about. I still talk frequently with him and his family.
just me

De Pere, WI

#5 Jul 15, 2008
i was one of them...i didnt choose it.
Me too

De Pere, WI

#6 Jan 5, 2009
Danni wrote:
You are only hearing one side of the story and have no idea what happened. I think she is feeling guilty for the lying she has done and for what her mother pushed her to do. Neither side had any evidence either way and the charges should have been droppeed!!!!!
To Danni - If you really don't know the facts on the case, you shouldn't be saying a word! There wasn't any lying to her mother mentioned throughout the whole case, and believe me I know. I originally thought Sherman would not do something like this, until I read all the actual court records, not the papers, or Sherman's family. Of course, Shermans family is going to defend him and make stories up, but the truth is, he ADMITTED it, TAPED it, and if you would have read the correct material HE LOVED HER. BUT SHE WAS ONLY 14 YEARS OLD. So quit being so ignorant and face the fact that he is a pedophile and he is where he belongs! Know the facts before opening your mouth and sounding so stupid. Better yet, why don't you request Sherman's report in his own words that he gave to the police. THINK THINK THINK
Milorad R Blagojevich

Green Bay, WI

#7 Jan 9, 2009
pedo
Danni

Springfield, IL

#8 Mar 6, 2009
I DO know the facts in the case...apparently YOU don't know the facts. I talk to the family EVERY month. Don't insult me and call me ignorant..I am not insulting you. I have known him for years. In fact, he was the best man in my wedding. He is very blunt and my husband's best friend. We have discussed things with him, and he is truthful. There are other things that went on that YOU don't know about. I will defend him until the end. The tape was inconclusive...attorney and judge's words! How do you know that he didn't 'admit' things because he was under duress? There are just other things that, not being close to the family and situation, you don't know. So maybe YOU should keep YOUR mouth shut!!

Since: Jul 09

Neenah, WI

#9 Jul 21, 2009
Danni,
YOU DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS! I am the older victim that Steve was charged with sexual assault with. And if you're so close to his family you probably know who I am, but I don't care!! Steve deserves to be in prison for what he did to me and the younger victim!! Trust me I know the truth! You only hear what his family has to say and of course they are going to be in denial!! And Steve is the best manipulator out of them all! Everything that I told the detectives was completely true!! I know it and HE knows it! And I know what the younger victim said happened is true, because he did similar things to me... things she wouldn't haven't known unless they happened. And how dare you say that the younger victim was lying out of quilt! You should be ashamed of yourself!!

Since: Jul 09

Neenah, WI

#10 Jul 21, 2009
just me wrote:
i was one of them...i didnt choose it.
Just Me- Please contact the Outagamie County Police and let them know what happened to you!! We must stand up for ourselves, so it doesn't happen to anyone else! I regret not telling the police sooner, maybe then the younger victim wouldn't have been a victim!! Stay Strong!!
Danni

Polo, IL

#11 Dec 11, 2009
I think I do know who you are, and you probably know who I am, too. As I have spent time with you. You and I talked and you told me things, so whose not to say you are a good manipulator for the things you told me?? And just because the alleged younger victim said these things...were you there?? How do you know for sure? You sure were a good actress for how you acted infront of me, my husband, and Steve's family. I hope you can live with yourself every day for the pain you have caused all of them.
Katie

Appleton, WI

#12 Feb 10, 2010
Danni wrote:
I think I do know who you are, and you probably know who I am, too. As I have spent time with you. You and I talked and you told me things, so whose not to say you are a good manipulator for the things you told me?? And just because the alleged younger victim said these things...were you there?? How do you know for sure? You sure were a good actress for how you acted infront of me, my husband, and Steve's family. I hope you can live with yourself every day for the pain you have caused all of them.


Danni you are a shallow person! i dont think that these two people would lie about something like this, they dont want to get attention for this they want to turn him in so that it does not happen to anyone else!!!!!
Katie

Appleton, WI

#13 Feb 10, 2010
older of the two victims wrote:
<quoted text>
Just Me- Please contact the Outagamie County Police and let them know what happened to you!! We must stand up for ourselves, so it doesn't happen to anyone else! I regret not telling the police sooner, maybe then the younger victim wouldn't have been a victim!! Stay Strong!!
The two of you need to be strong with each other!! I agree with what you are saying and STRONGLY disagree with this Dani chick, yes she might be friends with the guy but if she knows what actually happened she might have a hard time coping with it becuase she cant believe that he would do something like this. STAY STRONG!!
Danni

Morrison, IL

#14 Apr 10, 2010
Thank you for calling me shallow, Katie, when you have no idea who the hell I am or just how involved I am with the family. Wouldn't you defend your friend if you believed accusations about them were DEAD WRONG?? I KNOW the older "victim". I hung out with her, talked to her, and watched her with him. So, if I say that I don't believe her, then I have a right! How DARE you say that I am shallow!! I am defending my friend. And people WOULD like about this kind of things, because unfortunately I know a girl who did that once. She ADMITTED it to me because she and her boyfriend had had sex and she said this in case she ended up pregnant. And the older "victim"...if he was sexually assaulting you, why were your voluntarily, on your own time, hanging out with him and his family? Why, when my husband and I came to visit, did you come over to meet us, bring me flowers, and go out to dinner with us? You could have stopped it at any time. I talked to you about him and your relationship...if you lied to me about it, whose not to say you like to the detectives?? Last I knew, when the two of you had sex, it happened the summer AFTER you turned 18...he told me and you did, too!! If something you didn't want to happen happened, then I truly feel sorry for you and any pain you have had to endure. But, I just don't believe you. And, until I have concrete proof or he tells me, I will defend him! So, you all have a right to what you feel, but don't you DARE put me down for defending my friend.
jarrod

De Pere, WI

#15 May 6, 2010
too danni.. steve was convicted and addmited too all of this.. he even apoligized to the girls when he got sentence. Its ok to defend steve because he's your friend.. He abviouslly has some issues with women thats why he preys on younger girls and its true. I believe these girls in this messege board. I dont think there lying at all. After all steve was convicted.
Gary

Appleton, WI

#16 May 17, 2010
He was and still is GUILTY! He used his position to force Little girls to do what he wanted. Hopefully he is in a cell with BIG BUBBA and gets all the sex he wants now! To bad the ones defending him didnt have there kids raped by him. Would you defend him then?
Reality

De Pere, WI

#17 May 30, 2010
Danni wrote:
I think I do know who you are, and you probably know who I am, too. As I have spent time with you. You and I talked and you told me things, so whose not to say you are a good manipulator for the things you told me?? And just because the alleged younger victim said these things...were you there?? How do you know for sure? You sure were a good actress for how you acted infront of me, my husband, and Steve's family. I hope you can live with yourself every day for the pain you have caused all of them.
Danni, I am on the State of Wisconsin's side so let's get some things straight. First off, it is NOT the girls that press charges, it is the State and the evidence was there. The victims are no longer "alleged", they have been deemed true victims of a crime. It is fine to support your friend, but to degrade and crucify these victims is a crime in itself. You claim to have contact with Sherman and that is where you gain your information. Are you stating that these are Sherman's words? You also state some false information about judges and attorneys words of the video tape being "inconclusive", this is also not true. Sherman plead guilty of the crime after he realized his video was found. There was no trial and the tape never was presented into court so it wasn't up for debate. Are these truly the lies Sherman is telling you and you are believing? Are you defaming these witnesses based on Sherman's words? I'm sure you realize that Sherman has filed multiple appeals with each one being denied. His grounds for appeal has never been that he is innocent. On the contrary, he is appealing that his sentence was too strong for the crime he has committed. He WAS sentenced for the crime HE committed properly and could have received more, but based on the plea agreement that he agreed to, this is what he received. If you are debating that you won't believe it until YOU have the evidence, this is impossible to give to the public without a trial. You have no grounds to receive it. The only ones allowed to see evidence are the prosecuting and defending side, including Sherman. You will need to talk to your friend, Sherman, who is aware of the evidence the State has including DNA, computer files, photographs, letters, etc.. which has all been shown to him. He has not in any way ever maintained his innocence. It is easier for Sherman to give you false information on the facts of this case since you do live in another state. This is another example of Sherman's manipulative ways. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing and preys on young girls. I feel pity for you that your vision is impaired. I realize that he is a friend of yours, but you could never possibly know a pedophile by looking at one straight in the face, living with one, married to one, or having one be your "best man". Your strength in defending Sherman further proves the case that he is a master manipulator and he got to you too. For the sake of the victims, they have been victimized by Sherman enough and you are committing a crime with your comments. Bless these girls for their strength for doing the right thing. I hope they have been able to rebuild their lives and have moved past this. These victims have 100% support and the community, people, and State have so much gratitude for them. If your stories regarding these victims continue, or your interpretation of what you thought you observed continues, this will be forwarded to the proper department. Sherman is guilty as he has said he is.
Marci

De Pere, WI

#18 Jun 29, 2010
Wow Reality I think you made Danni shut her mouth for once and hope she realizes what a slimebag creepy pedophile her friend really is.
Danni

Morrison, IL

#19 Jul 13, 2010
No, Marci, he didn't make me shut my mouth, I just don't stalk this site like apparently some people do. I think that Gary is SICK for saying too bad one of your children wasn't raped by Sherman...I don't care who you are, I wouldn't wish ANYONE'S children to be raped!! And shame on the rest of you for not saying something about that! I know that he plead no contest, on the advice of his crappy attorney. He did not apologize for anything at his sentencing. I know because I was there!! He never said he was guilty!! And I know the older alleged victim of the two. She sure put on a hell of a show for a lot of people. If she was being abused by him, why didn't she sever ALL contact when she went away to college? That would have been the perfect opportunity. I also don't appreciate everyone slamming me for sticking up for my friend. I have seen and know and been told stuff that everyone else hasn't. Like, why was the younger victim practically stalking him if she felt she was being abused? I was on the phone with him several occasions months before anything came out and she kept calling and calling and calling him. He told me that she wouldn't leave him alone. She finally did, when he told her he had a girlfriend and was very happy with her. Next day, all this came out. Sounds like a person scorned to me! Thank you, Reality, to giving me your opinions and knowledge in a respectful way, but I still believe my friend to be innocent. I will believe this until I am told otherwise. To the others, I wish you know ill will and understand that you believe what you believe and defending your friends, but don't you dare put me down for defending mine. And GARY...you must be a child because no adult in their right mind would say "too bad the ones defending him didn't have their kids raped by him". How come no one else who posted after that didn't berate (sorry, yell at) him for saying that?! I don't care who you are I wouldn't say that to anyone!
Family of Victim

Green Bay, WI

#20 Aug 20, 2010
Danni, you are either lying, have the worst memory possible, or you are voluntarily ignorant. I was in court the day of his sentencing. Sherman did apologize for what he did with fake tears in his eyes. He was only sorry that he got caught. He is a monster! Just like any other pedophile. Sherman deserved nothing less than a life term as all pedophiles should be sentenced. People who prey on children are the absolute scum of the Earth!

To answer your questions about why the victims called him and continued the relationship with him; have you ever heard of Stockholm Syndrome? If you haven't, maybe you should look it up and educate yourself.

Also, while I don't agree with what Gary said, he has a point whether it was intended or not. That point would be that you step into that person's shoes and see how they feel. If you can't then you're heartless and ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Outagamie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostitution Ring Busted: Six arrested for usin... (Dec '09) Jan 17 Gasping 11
Oneida mom Kayla Pisha charged after 3 kids fou... (Feb '10) Jun '14 mother of 3 3
Twice-convicted sex offender Ricky Loret charge... (Aug '10) May '14 noneone 48
Outagamie jail inmate dies (Mar '08) Sep '13 kfl12 133
Police: Suspected Drunk Driver Going 70 mph on ... (Aug '13) Sep '13 Yer Dum 9
Appleton man found not guilty in online sex case (Oct '11) Dec '12 Stu 3
Sex offender to live in Greenville (Apr '08) Dec '12 Stu 17
More from around the web