Man charged in abortion pill case sti...

Man charged in abortion pill case still at large

There are 30 comments on the Fond du Lac Reporter story from Dec 31, 2007, titled Man charged in abortion pill case still at large. In it, Fond du Lac Reporter reports that:

“And I talked to his corporate lawyer and he said he has not had any contact with him either”

Manish Patel, the man prosecutors say spiked his girlfriend's drink with an abortion pill, still hasn't been heard from after jumping his $750,000 bail last week, and his attorney says he "thinks he's gone." ... via Fond du Lac Reporter

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fond du Lac Reporter.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“PC Mom of 1 + 1 on the way!”

Since: Aug 07

Connecticut...

#21 Jan 4, 2008
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner, my point I am making is this. If the female decides to have the child, she then can ask the man for support. He will have to pay for a child he didn't want till the child is 18. That would be $200,000 out of his pocket.
Is very unfair.
Now, if she chooses to have the child and gives him the decision to sign all rights away for said child, and he does not have to pay, see or bother with the child. All good.
That is not always the case.
So then I am to take it, a child only belongs to the female? Even if is half his DNA. Or,'one' skin.
Is something to ponder.
I don't even know why the h3ll I am siding with any male on earth....but I know a whole lot of bad females.
If a female has a child, she should care for it, protect it, provide for it and so many other things.......
Are so many bad moms, regardless of income, caliber, colour, creed or religion ....they are out there.
So many children suffer. Is one mom, but she may have anywhere from one to ten children .
That is a lot of lives running around abused.
Now....Back to this man stuff.
Is half his.
Go somewhere with that, Bitner. But, please, is so unfair to say this fetus, half his, has nothing to do with him..or his say.
Think about it.
We fight for 'choice'. Right?
Is his 'choice' not to have a baby.
God, and I just keep going on...I don't know what got into me...but I am defending this and is a reason.
Is choice. Both male and female.
Then he should make sure to discuss abortion with his partner before he gets in bed with her.
steph

Aurora, IL

#22 Jan 4, 2008
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Bitner, my point I am making is this. If the female decides to have the child, she then can ask the man for support. He will have to pay for a child he didn't want till the child is 18. That would be $200,000 out of his pocket.
Is very unfair.
Now, if she chooses to have the child and gives him the decision to sign all rights away for said child, and he does not have to pay, see or bother with the child. All good.
That is not always the case.
So then I am to take it, a child only belongs to the female? Even if is half his DNA. Or,'one' skin.
Is something to ponder.
I don't even know why the h3ll I am siding with any male on earth....but I know a whole lot of bad females.
If a female has a child, she should care for it, protect it, provide for it and so many other things.......
Are so many bad moms, regardless of income, caliber, colour, creed or religion ....they are out there.
So many children suffer. Is one mom, but she may have anywhere from one to ten children .
That is a lot of lives running around abused.
Now....Back to this man stuff.
Is half his.
Go somewhere with that, Bitner. But, please, is so unfair to say this fetus, half his, has nothing to do with him..or his say.
Think about it.
We fight for 'choice'. Right?
Is his 'choice' not to have a baby.
God, and I just keep going on...I don't know what got into me...but I am defending this and is a reason.
Is choice. Both male and female.
if you believe that the man should be able to force an abortion if he doesn't want the child, should he be able to force her to carry the child if he does want the child?

i understand that the man should have some input, but if they have opposite view points, she should get the final say since pregnancy and childbirth involves her body, not his.

“Poke the bear at your own risk”

Since: Sep 07

Grand Junction, CO

#23 Jan 4, 2008
DanielleCT wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he should make sure to discuss abortion with his partner before he gets in bed with her.
I see DC's point, and think that she agrees that this case was definately illegal. It would have been if he would have slipped her percocet as well, whether or not she was pregnant. We can all agree slipping any medications to someone against their will or without their knowledge is wrong & illegal, poisoning no doubt.

You, however, bring up one of the MOST VALID points on this issue no matter what side of it one is on: Discuss the consequences of sex with your partner, birth control, what would they do if there were an accident, what are they're doing to avoid one. People want to have sex, but no one wants to talk to their partner about it. What they want, what they like, children or not, birth control etc. Now I can't say I have had a deep discussion with every single partner I ever had, but we damn sure discussed birth control and safe sex. Disease and pregnancy prevention not unrealistic issues to talk about before finding one's self in a hot & heavy sexual moment. People don't have to talk about it while romancing or getting ready to get down & dirty, but most folks would have had some chance to discuss it on some level prior to the moment. Thank you for bringing up this very valid point.

Grand Junction, CO

#24 Jan 4, 2008
steph wrote:
<quoted text>
if you believe that the man should be able to force an abortion if he doesn't want the child, should he be able to force her to carry the child if he does want the child?
i understand that the man should have some input, but if they have opposite view points, she should get the final say since pregnancy and childbirth involves her body, not his.
Actually I think she is on to something with regards to the support side when a man doesn't want the child. An agreement AFTER the child is born that he shouldn't have to pay for it if he is not going to be involved and signs away his rights. If he does want it and she is willing to carry it to term (doubt it if she doesn't want to), the converse would work as well. I do think that the child support issues are pretty crazy and I also agree that there are conieving women out there that take advantage.

However a coward that just ups & leaves never to be heard from again because he decided he can't take it afterall, is just that a coward and should be held responsible for his child too.

The system was set up with good intentions, but has become nothing but a money bucket for lawyers and mediators. People get the short end of the stick all the time, good people that don't deserve it as well. Men & women alike with regards to any court proceedings/process regarding child support/custody/visitation. It would be nice if all people were honest, unfortunately that is not the case.

Grand Junction, CO

#25 Jan 4, 2008
Still I have to stand by the firm belief that to keep the pregnancy or not is soley the woman's choice because she is the host, it is her body.
steph

Aurora, IL

#26 Jan 4, 2008
The Iggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I think she is on to something with regards to the support side when a man doesn't want the child. An agreement AFTER the child is born that he shouldn't have to pay for it if he is not going to be involved and signs away his rights. If he does want it and she is willing to carry it to term (doubt it if she doesn't want to), the converse would work as well. I do think that the child support issues are pretty crazy and I also agree that there are conieving women out there that take advantage.
However a coward that just ups & leaves never to be heard from again because he decided he can't take it afterall, is just that a coward and should be held responsible for his child too.
The system was set up with good intentions, but has become nothing but a money bucket for lawyers and mediators. People get the short end of the stick all the time, good people that don't deserve it as well. Men & women alike with regards to any court proceedings/process regarding child support/custody/visitation. It would be nice if all people were honest, unfortunately that is not the case.
i wouldn't have a problem with a guy being given say, the first two trimesters (same as the women) to make a decision and sign away his rights. but it would have to be completely irrevocable, like same as being a sperm donor.

Grand Junction, CO

#27 Jan 4, 2008
steph wrote:
<quoted text>
i wouldn't have a problem with a guy being given say, the first two trimesters (same as the women) to make a decision and sign away his rights. but it would have to be completely irrevocable, like same as being a sperm donor.
I think that it should happen after birth, they should have the opportunity to change their mind but the decision needs to be made quickly, say before they leave the hospital or within 4 weeks? I don't know what I would agree on with regards to that time frame, but definately after in my opinion.
Sue

Allentown, PA

#28 Jan 5, 2008
The Iggy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that it should happen after birth, they should have the opportunity to change their mind but the decision needs to be made quickly, say before they leave the hospital or within 4 weeks? I don't know what I would agree on with regards to that time frame, but definately after in my opinion.
Hmmmm I find it very interesting that you want the man to wait until after the birth so that the have the opportunity to change their mind.

Grand Junction, CO

#29 Jan 5, 2008
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm I find it very interesting that you want the man to wait until after the birth so that the have the opportunity to change their mind.
What do you find so interesting? Once the decision is made by the woman then yes I think that the man should be able to change his mind until a certain point after birth. Just like a woman that gives up her baby for adoption does have a window in which she too can change her mind and keep the child. Fair is fair when the CHOICE is to carry the pregnancy to term. But the CHOICE to carry the pregnancy to term is NOT a GUARANTEE that it will be carried to term. There is always a risk in pregnancy whether it is planned or not.

Grand Junction, CO

#30 Jan 5, 2008
In this case the woman's pregnancy was an accident, SHE CHOOSE to carry it to term and instead of being a man, this chicken shit decided to end it for her against her will. BIG FREAKING DIFFERENCE THERE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Outagamie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coroner: Kimberly man hung himself in Plamann Park (May '08) Aug 17 Jessica B 3
News Prosecutor: Appleton attorney Thomas Zoesch thr... (Mar '10) Apr '16 Katrina 4
Joseph verrier(aka Jay) jailed again (Jan '15) Jan '15 Concerned parent 1
News Ex-Wrightstown teacher's sex-assault sentences ... (Oct '07) Jan '15 Idk 31
News Prostitution Ring Busted: Six arrested for usin... (Dec '09) Jan '15 Gasping 11
News Oneida mom Kayla Pisha charged after 3 kids fou... (Feb '10) Jun '14 mother of 3 3
News Twice-convicted sex offender Ricky Loret charge... (Aug '10) May '14 noneone 48
More from around the web