Man charged in abortion pill case sti...

Man charged in abortion pill case still at large

There are 30 comments on the Fond du Lac Reporter story from Dec 31, 2007, titled Man charged in abortion pill case still at large. In it, Fond du Lac Reporter reports that:

“And I talked to his corporate lawyer and he said he has not had any contact with him either”

Manish Patel, the man prosecutors say spiked his girlfriend's drink with an abortion pill, still hasn't been heard from after jumping his $750,000 bail last week, and his attorney says he "thinks he's gone." ... via Fond du Lac Reporter

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fond du Lac Reporter.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#1 Jan 2, 2008
If a born child is half his and half her's. Then why can't a man decide he is going to abort the child while unborn?
Is still half his....
What is good for one...
Should be good for the other.

“PC Mom of 1 + 1 on the way!”

Connecticut...

#2 Jan 3, 2008
DC tells it like it is wrote:
If a born child is half his and half her's. Then why can't a man decide he is going to abort the child while unborn?
Is still half his....
What is good for one...
Should be good for the other.
Do you let other people make your medical choices for you?

Do you let people slip prescription drugs into your food and beverages?
Rachel

Calgary, Canada

#3 Jan 3, 2008
Oh Oh! You know what this means? He won't be the last man to do this. It's gonna start to be their choice too.

Connecticut...

#4 Jan 3, 2008
Rachel wrote:
Oh Oh! You know what this means? He won't be the last man to do this. It's gonna start to be their choice too.
If that is the choice that they want to make, they can deal with the repercussions of legal action and jail time.
Rachel

Calgary, Canada

#5 Jan 3, 2008
DanielleCT wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is the choice that they want to make, they can deal with the repercussions of legal action and jail time.
You'd be surprised how many of them are going to get off. They'll sweet talk there way out of a lot of them. Mental problems due to becoming a father...etc etc etc. Canada - they would get a slap on the wrist.

I hate our justice system!

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Orion's Belt

#6 Jan 4, 2008
DanielleCT wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you let other people make your medical choices for you?
Do you let people slip prescription drugs into your food and beverages?
What I am saying is this. A female can decide to abort a fetus ....then it should be equal for the man to decide same thing.

Once again...is half his.

And just for the record, since we are speaking about me and someone else slipping something in my drink.

Would not boil down to me aborting, would boil down to a murder. And would be an adult being aborted at that point.
Sarah

London, UK

#7 Jan 4, 2008
It may be half his dna wise, but it is her body and slipping her a drug which, without medical checks, could actually cause her harm, is wrong. You do realise the abortion pill can actually kill the woman on rare occasions and people with certain medical conditions etc cannot take it because it could harm the woman?

I understand you wanting to stand up for your sex, but surely you can see how wrong that is? If not, I pity any woman you end up with!

Although I do agree a woman should take a mans view into account when making a choice such as aborting.

Connecticut...

#8 Jan 4, 2008
<quoted text>
What I am saying is this. A female can decide to abort a fetus ....then it should be equal for the man to decide same thing.
Once again...is half his.
And just for the record, since we are speaking about me and someone else slipping something in my drink.
Would not boil down to me aborting, would boil down to a murder. And would be an adult being aborted at that point.
I guess you really did not read my response.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Orion's Belt

#9 Jan 4, 2008
DanielleCT wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you really did not read my response.
The answer to your question is.

No.

Connecticut...

#10 Jan 4, 2008
<quoted text>
The answer to your question is.
No.
How do you expect to have a valid argument when you do not read the responses?

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Orion's Belt

#11 Jan 4, 2008
DanielleCT wrote:
<quoted text>
We are both pro-choice, what is there to respond to? Better yet, to have a valid argument over.

My statement is. If is okay for a female to decide not to have a baby, it goes both ways.

Is half his, regardless of who is carrying it.

In this case, the man decided not to have the baby. Instead of the female.

Works both ways. Correct?

Is half his.

Had she of had the baby, he would pay for the child till the child was of age. He decided not to have the baby.

Cut and clear.

“Poke the bear at your own risk”

Since: Sep 07

Broomfield, CO

#12 Jan 4, 2008
It may be 1/2 his DNA but until birth it is all her decision. Her body her choice. I understand that you, DC, are pro choice and have a valid point to some extent. But, it is still ultimately her decision. I would like to think that the woman would discuss it with the father, but reality is that not all do.

While I understand your point, I don't agree that he had ANY RIGHT what so ever to give ANYONE medication without their knowledge & concent.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Orion's Belt

#13 Jan 4, 2008
The Iggy wrote:
It may be 1/2 his DNA but until birth it is all her decision. Her body her choice. I understand that you, DC, are pro choice and have a valid point to some extent. But, it is still ultimately her decision. I would like to think that the woman would discuss it with the father, but reality is that not all do.
While I understand your point, I don't agree that he had ANY RIGHT what so ever to give ANYONE medication without their knowledge & concent.
I will sit back and ponder this for a bit. I really believe since the child is both their DNA, then they both have say...regardless of who is carrying the baby.

But I really think at the moment...my thoughts are a bit swayed to not having any children. So ..will think this over...and see if I have a change of mind.

Thanks for you input, Iggy.

May have been wrong to medicate her, but he should have say just as much as she does as to her having the baby or not.

Connecticut...

#14 Jan 4, 2008
<quoted text>
We are both pro-choice, what is there to respond to? Better yet, to have a valid argument over.
My statement is. If is okay for a female to decide not to have a baby, it goes both ways.
Is half his.
Had she of had the baby, he would pay for the child till the child was of age. He decided not to have the baby.
Cut and clear.
Until he can get pregnant and give birth himself... it is not his choice.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#15 Jan 4, 2008
<quoted text>
Is half his.
Cut and clear.
As much of a say, or some consideration? Hon, you cannot honestly be saying that if the man doesn't want the pregnancy to continue, then he should be able to force an abortion? Because that is what it sounds like from here.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Orion's Belt

#16 Jan 4, 2008
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
As much of a say, or some consideration? Hon, you cannot honestly be saying that if the man doesn't want the pregnancy to continue, then he should be able to force an abortion? Because that is what it sounds like from here.
Bitner, my point I am making is this. If the female decides to have the child, she then can ask the man for support. He will have to pay for a child he didn't want till the child is 18. That would be $200,000 out of his pocket.

Is very unfair.

Now, if she chooses to have the child and gives him the decision to sign all rights away for said child, and he does not have to pay, see or bother with the child. All good.

That is not always the case.

So then I am to take it, a child only belongs to the female? Even if is half his DNA. Or,'one' skin.

Is something to ponder.

I don't even know why the h3ll I am siding with any male on earth....but I know a whole lot of bad females.

If a female has a child, she should care for it, protect it, provide for it and so many other things.......

Are so many bad moms, regardless of income, caliber, colour, creed or religion ....they are out there.

So many children suffer. Is one mom, but she may have anywhere from one to ten children .

That is a lot of lives running around abused.

Now....Back to this man stuff.

Is half his.

Go somewhere with that, Bitner. But, please, is so unfair to say this fetus, half his, has nothing to do with him..or his say.

Think about it.

We fight for 'choice'. Right?

Is his 'choice' not to have a baby.

God, and I just keep going on...I don't know what got into me...but I am defending this and is a reason.

Is choice. Both male and female.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Orion's Belt

#17 Jan 4, 2008
DanielleCT wrote:
<quoted text>
Until he can get pregnant and give birth himself... it is not his choice.
Read above post.

Choice .....is.....choice!

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Orion's Belt

#18 Jan 4, 2008
DanielleCT wrote:
<quoted text>
Am sorry, when I said, no, I was answering your questions from up above.

(Do you let other people make your medical choices for you?

Do you let people slip prescription drugs into your food and beverages?)

Not, no, I was not reading your responses.

I can not help but chuckle. Is a debate. Would not have spoken and thrown out the idea, had I not of been looking for responses.

We got our wires crossed. Is all good.

Connecticut...

#19 Jan 4, 2008
<quoted text>
Read above post.
Choice .....is.....choice!
Exactly. And he has no choice regarding someone elses pregnancy. Only his own.
flopears

Utica, KY

#20 Jan 4, 2008
<quoted text>
Bitner, my point I am making is this. If the female decides to have the child, she then can ask the man for support. He will have to pay for a child he didn't want till the child is 18. That would be $200,000 out of his pocket.
Is very unfair.
Now, if she chooses to have the child and gives him the decision to sign all rights away for said child, and he does not have to pay, see or bother with the child. All good.
That is not always the case.
So then I am to take it, a child only belongs to the female? Even if is half his DNA. Or,'one' skin.
Is something to ponder.
I don't even know why the h3ll I am siding with any male on earth....but I know a whole lot of bad females.
If a female has a child, she should care for it, protect it, provide for it and so many other things.......
Are so many bad moms, regardless of income, caliber, colour, creed or religion ....they are out there.
So many children suffer. Is one mom, but she may have anywhere from one to ten children .
That is a lot of lives running around abused.
Now....Back to this man stuff.
Is half his.
Go somewhere with that, Bitner. But, please, is so unfair to say this fetus, half his, has nothing to do with him..or his say.
Think about it.
We fight for 'choice'. Right?
Is his 'choice' not to have a baby.
God, and I just keep going on...I don't know what got into me...but I am defending this and is a reason.
Is choice. Both male and female.
I see your point DC and I think it's unfair too that if the man does not want the child he shouldn't be sued for support. Difference is, if she chooses to abort she goes about it the legal, safe way (hopefully). He did not have the right to sneak an unsafe, abortion on her or dispense medication to her to kill the fetus without her permission. It's illegal to do that. If guys feel that it's unfair and they shouldn't have to pay out in support or legal fees to avoid support, they also need to learn to "keep their legs together".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Outagamie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Outagamie County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal R... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Charlotte 2
News Coroner: Kimberly man hung himself in Plamann Park (May '08) Aug '16 Jessica B 3
News Prosecutor: Appleton attorney Thomas Zoesch thr... (Mar '10) Apr '16 Katrina 4
Joseph verrier(aka Jay) jailed again (Jan '15) Jan '15 Concerned parent 1
News Ex-Wrightstown teacher's sex-assault sentences ... (Oct '07) Jan '15 Idk 31
News Prostitution Ring Busted: Six arrested for usin... (Dec '09) Jan '15 Gasping 11
News Oneida mom Kayla Pisha charged after 3 kids fou... (Feb '10) Jun '14 mother of 3 3
More from around the web