what do you think about oscoda county...

what do you think about oscoda county sheriff department

Posted in the Oscoda County Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
poll taker

United States

#1 Jan 19, 2009
what do you think?
poll responder

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2009
They do an awesome Job for a "small town" Sheriff Department. Even with all of the recent "rumors" all of which were proven completely false, they maintain their professionalism.

Oscoda County residents are extremely fortunate.
Concerned citizen

Jonesboro, GA

#3 May 5, 2010
This police dept has several rookie officers who flat out LIE to write tickets and issues citations to good upstanding community members. If you are one of them that truly has been a victim of this sheriff dept, please respond to this post..... asap.. and tell me your story.. It's time we all do something ... otherwise as a citizen of Oscoda County, we are all victims... ultimately.
bob

Rose City, MI

#4 May 8, 2010
ur an ungreatfull person who is a piece of garbage that had a run in with the police.. ur a dirtbag that is ungreatfull.. no wonder y u would get a ticket.. they are upstanding people who dont lie.. there the best
Truth

Pasadena, TX

#5 Oct 8, 2010
They're the biggest liars out there. Don't believe me? Go look at what they did to the Nelson and Thomas families? Jimmie Nelson was convicted of second degree murder. Somehow, 30 years later, no body, motive, murder weapon, or real eye witnesses they were able to finally find a judge, who would not throw the case out like other judges, and convict Jimmie Nelson. This spawns from a personal vendetta Allen Macgreggor has had with Jimmie Nelson. I do not know what kind of wool they use up there but it's good enough to blind everyone. Jimmie Nelson is innocent. The Thomas family will never have justice because Allen Macgreggor, and his cohorts, swung a deal with the guys who confessed to killing Cherita Thomas. They made a plea deal for their other crimes and got away with it. How the prosecutor finally found a judge to convict Jimmie should be investigated. Specially when other judges are asking the same question.

P.S. The FBI has been involved with this case almost from the start. If they couldn't dig up anything to convict him on them how could an oscoda cop? I guess make sure you're on buddy buddy terms with the police because they'll find a way to put you away in a way that completely subverts the criminal justice system.

There may be some good cops in oscoda. We'll see if there are by them nailing all of the people involved with this "Sweep under the rug" stunt that has been pulled.

Sleep well oscoda... tomorrow you might accidentally make a Sheriff mad.
bob

West Branch, MI

#6 Oct 10, 2010
wrong town smart guy
Yes it is

Pasadena, TX

#7 Oct 11, 2010
Got places confused. Venting frustration at the wrong place. Sorry.
Dont Matter

United States

#8 Feb 4, 2011
Me as well as my family have been victims of the abuse of the Oscoda County Sheriff's Department and deputies/rookies. My story/truth has been going on now for the past couple weeks.
The first incident took place saturday january 22,2011 around 11:00 pm. Me, my mother, and a couple friends were all having a good time when I observed two vehicles pulling into my driveway. I heard the vehicle doors shut and waited for a knock on the door. That never happened. As we sat there I noticed flashlights shining threw my window. Thats when my mother walked out the front door onto the porch and I heard her scream my name like she was in fear of her life. I quickly ran out and noticed deputy Gary Cole pointing his gun at my mother and then turned the gun on me. There were two officers at the corner of my house and Gary Cole was the officer weelding the gun. At that time another one of our friends stepped out of the house and heard how the officers started harrassing me and asking me question. I was way to ferious to answer any of there questions by the way they pointed there firearms at my mother and me. Officer Hughes asked what I had in my pockets. Thats when I asked if they had a warrant and they said NO. So then they were told to get off my property and never come back unless they had a supenea of warrant. Officer Gary Cole said it was to cold to stand there and that they would be back again. Now what if he would of got a cold chill and pulled the trigger when he was pointing his firearm at my mother and me? So after all that I thought it was all over with, boy was I wrong. It started again with phone calls from deputy Adam David. He left several messages. He also came by on several other occasions, shining lights threw my windows, constantly knocking on my door, and leaving his card. You would think he would get the point and realize I have absolutely nothing to say to him or any other law inforcement officer in this county. No it still continued. He was told to stay off the property and only come back with a warrant or supenea, but yet he still came back to harrass my mother and shine lights threw my windows. When someone would pull in my driveway the officers would pull in behind them and interegate them also. Everything these officers are doing is unproffesional, and totally unethical. Just because they are cops doesn't make them above the law. As of now my mother has had to see the doctors twice as she allready suffers from high anxiety,stress,disabled and is under doctors care. I am as well. They have actually been to the house a total of 3 times in 1 night. Each time they come over its around 9:00 p.m till 2:00 a.m. As of now we have a lawyer and plan on having the way they handle there business overlooked. At this point the lawyer is interested in getting these officers suspended without pay, a written letter of appoligy, harrassment charges, tresspassing charges, mental anguish and emotional distress charges will also soon be pending. If the sheriff or under sheriff don't want to do anything about this then the matter will be brought before the state police. If the state police don't want to do anything then it will go a step further to the board of commisioners. Like I said these cops are just rookies and only use this town to make a name for themselves and then move on. They could care less about this community or the people that live here. Thank you for hearing my thoughts and considerations. Take Care
Concerned Citizen

Saginaw, MI

#9 Feb 11, 2011
If you have a complaint to file about any local sheriff dept, you must file it with the Attorney General's office. The state police have no authority over the local sheriff depts.
Oscoda County Voter

West Branch, MI

#10 Feb 19, 2011
First of all, you have to understand that police officers are trained to be intimidating. They have to be because no matter what criminals are going to "size them up." Cops are people. They have a family they want to return home to. The one thing I hate the most is people who disrespect cops. I am sorry, but any time I have been pulled over I have been very respectful to the officer and had no problem. Officers have civilians "smart off" to them all of the time, and if you piss off the police you are going to suffer the consequences with a little piece of paper he or she will hand you. I am very supportive of our law officers. I am well aware society would be terrible without them. If you break the law you should be well prepared to pay for it. The law is the law. It is what it is. Laws are made to protect citizens.

I am not sure what you mean by harass and oppose the general public, but there are unfit officers just like in any other profession. I just think it is very silly to judge an entire profession by the mistakes that have been highlighted. No one ever counts the good, only the bad. I support out men and women in blue all the way.
ferious in Leroy

Allendale, MI

#11 May 4, 2011
Gary Cole Fired from EVERT for Drunken driving
Dont Matter wrote:
Me as well as my family have been victims of the abuse of the Oscoda County Sheriff's Department and deputies/rookies. My story/truth has been going on now for the past couple weeks.
The first incident took place saturday january 22,2011 around 11:00 pm. Me, my mother, and a couple friends were all having a good time when I observed two vehicles pulling into my driveway. I heard the vehicle doors shut and waited for a knock on the door. That never happened. As we sat there I noticed flashlights shining threw my window. Thats when my mother walked out the front door onto the porch and I heard her scream my name like she was in fear of her life. I quickly ran out and noticed deputy Gary Cole pointing his gun at my mother and then turned the gun on me. There were two officers at the corner of my house and Gary Cole was the officer weelding the gun. At that time another one of our friends stepped out of the house and heard how the officers started harrassing me and asking me question. I was way to ferious to answer any of there questions by the way they pointed there firearms at my mother and me. Officer Hughes asked what I had in my pockets. Thats when I asked if they had a warrant and they said NO. So then they were told to get off my property and never come back unless they had a supenea of warrant. Officer Gary Cole said it was to cold to stand there and that they would be back again. Now what if he would of got a cold chill and pulled the trigger when he was pointing his firearm at my mother and me? So after all that I thought it was all over with, boy was I wrong. It started again with phone calls from deputy Adam David. He left several messages. He also came by on several other occasions, shining lights threw my windows, constantly knocking on my door, and leaving his card. You would think he would get the point and realize I have absolutely nothing to say to him or any other law inforcement officer in this county. No it still continued. He was told to stay off the property and only come back with a warrant or supenea, but yet he still came back to harrass my mother and shine lights threw my windows. When someone would pull in my driveway the officers would pull in behind them and interegate them also. Everything these officers are doing is unproffesional, and totally unethical. Just because they are cops doesn't make them above the law. As of now my mother has had to see the doctors twice as she allready suffers from high anxiety,stress,disabled and is under doctors care. I am as well. They have actually been to the house a total of 3 times in 1 night. Each time they come over its around 9:00 p.m till 2:00 a.m. As of now we have a lawyer and plan on having the way they handle there business overlooked. At this point the lawyer is interested in getting these officers suspended without pay, a written letter of appoligy, harrassment charges, tresspassing charges, mental anguish and emotional distress charges will also soon be pending. If the sheriff or under sheriff don't want to do anything about this then the matter will be brought before the state police. If the state police don't want to do anything then it will go a step further to the board of commisioners. Like I said these cops are just rookies and only use this town to make a name for themselves and then move on. They could care less about this community or the people that live here. Thank you for hearing my thoughts and considerations. Take Care
David S

United States

#12 May 4, 2011
IN RESPONSE TO THIS NOTE:
DO A FOIA (freedom of information request) to the city manager of Evart, MI requesting to know why officer Gary Cole no longer works there. We heard he was fired or forced to resign due to illegal acts and unprofessional conduct.
Dont Matter wrote:
David S

United States

#13 May 4, 2011
The state police do have the authority to investigate any other agency in this state. The sheriff is an elected position but all the members working for him are hired. Any wrong doing by any law enforcement official can be investigated by the state police who would turn the information over to a prosecutor in a different county. The attorney general can investigate these matters too.
Concerned Citizen wrote:
If you have a complaint to file about any local sheriff dept, you must file it with the Attorney General's office. The state police have no authority over the local sheriff depts.
retards

Saginaw, MI

#14 May 24, 2011
gary wasnt fired. read other articles.it was his chief
anonymous

Climax, MI

#15 Jul 26, 2011
Oscoda county is not a good place to live, the Sherriff's deputies are OUT OF CONTROL!!!! I know they have hard jobs, but they act like they own the county and everyone in it is always a heartbeat away from a traffic ticket. The harassment of the locals over the years is well documented. Kevin Grace is a great cop I'm sure, I would retire if I were him. I wonder over the years how many off-duty cops, their families, and co-workers at the sheriff's department have recieved traffic tickets?.....probably ZERO!!!!!
Yet they hand me a $150 ticket and take the food right out of my kids mouths for a month....uh....nothing makes me madder than watching my kids go hungry, somebody better friggin wake up, I cant take much more!!!!!
anonymous

Climax, MI

#16 Aug 1, 2011
As you can see from the comments above, the residents of Oscoda County are considered to be "pieces of garbage" and "dirtbags" for exercising their first amendment rights! This is freedom??????
cronyismabounds

Sterling, MI

#17 Aug 2, 2011
From the magistrate to the judiciary and in between, Oscoda Co. is rife with cops, judges and your normal group of out right liars. If you don't have friends in those high places, then hang onto your pocket book because sooner or later you will get raped!! As soon as these little prick cops get a badge and gun and go around with their chest sticking out, watch out.! A ticket is waiting for you!!
hah

Rose City, MI

#18 Aug 6, 2011
u guys r all piece of crap people who complain because u r dirt bags and a welfare bum
Received a ticket

West Branch, MI

#19 Aug 6, 2011
The Cop that gave me the ticket was cool. I deserved it. sounds like a bunch of sour grapes.
Concerned citizen wrote:
This police dept has several rookie officers who flat out LIE to write tickets and issues citations to good upstanding community members. If you are one of them that truly has been a victim of this sheriff dept, please respond to this post..... asap.. and tell me your story.. It's time we all do something ... otherwise as a citizen of Oscoda County, we are all victims... ultimately.
Whiner

West Branch, MI

#20 Aug 6, 2011
He needs a license from the State to work as a cop. If he did something wrong his license gets pulled. So many stupid rumors !!
David S wrote:
IN RESPONSE TO THIS NOTE:
DO A FOIA (freedom of information request) to the city manager of Evart, MI requesting to know why officer Gary Cole no longer works there. We heard he was fired or forced to resign due to illegal acts and unprofessional conduct.
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oscoda County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abuse of Authority (Jan '11) Feb '17 Wake Up 4
News Cunningham competent to stand trial in girlfrie... (Jun '08) Dec '15 Know when to walk... 254
News Northern Michigan is Not Immune to Disastrous T... (Jun '11) Jun '11 cindy 1
News Mio teen charged with attempter murder bound ov... (May '10) May '10 sassy bratt 2
News 4/7/2010 - Former Teacher is Sent to Jail (May '10) May '10 mio 1
News Oscoda Co. murder investigation continues (Mar '08) Feb '10 FLINT 198
News Luzerne Fire Victim ID'd As 70-Year-Old Man (Dec '09) Dec '09 Lisa Currier 1
More from around the web