Excessive Fire Millage in LeRoy/Rose Lake Township Osceola County

Posted in the Osceola County Forum

IAM Broke

Big Rapids, MI

#1 Jan 2, 2013
Yes, folks.... you dodged a financial cliff yesterday ...
But... in 8 weeks you are guaranteed to get hit by
an increased fire millage . No question.

A mystery ...
Where the the governmental groups making up the District Fire BOard in leRoy /Rose Lake Township that have to vote on the budget increase are all republican. with the exception of 1 (Rose Lake Township Treasurer Patti Gregory).

How is this happening ? Republicans are supposed to be against tax increases.

they must be really closet Obamacrats. Tax and spend the same old story .

Despite yearly budget surpluses and massive amounts of excess cash in the bank (+50,000 dollars un-attached budget surplus ) The board is looking to raise the current millage by nearly .45 mills.

Why ? Shouldn't they be lowering it ?

I need my money ! They don't need my money nearly as badly as i do .

Better speak up before its too late.

Sincerely
Dried Up
Cash Cow
Rose Lake Rescue

Toledo, OH

#2 Jan 2, 2013
As long as people continue to pay, these local boards will rape them.
IAM Broke

Big Rapids, MI

#3 Jan 2, 2013
Fear can be a powerful motivator.. Such as, if you question what money is "MILLED" out of you and maybe things will go poorly for you at your local store,gas station or local elementary school.

Just sayin'
IAM Broke

Big Rapids, MI

#4 Jan 2, 2013
this was on CNN today

For middle class Americans, there will be NO escaping higher taxes in 2013.

Congress was able to pass legislation to keep broader middle class income taxes from rising. But workers will still have to pay at least 2% more in payroll taxes.

That's because the government had temporarily lowered the payroll tax rate in 2011 to 4.2% from 6.2%, in an effort to keep more cash in the pockets of Americans and provide a boost to the economy. The tax cut, which applies on the first $113,700 in annual earnings, expired on Monday.

----------
thats just great!:(
You have already now lost 2% of your take home.

Do you need the Fire District grabbing more !!!!

Just say no!!!!!
Rose Lake Rescue

Toledo, OH

#5 Jan 2, 2013
That leaves less money in my pocket to spend at local business's like Leroy Milling and Edstroms garage-dollar store-styling salon.
Hadenough

Big Rapids, MI

#6 Jan 2, 2013
Leave my coin alone !!!

Let us people vote on any millage increase of any type .Start a recall , Art,Roy,Mike start with them .
Hadenough

Big Rapids, MI

#7 Jan 2, 2013
We need an Occupy Leroy-Rose Lake Fire Department!

Bring your tents!
giterdone

Big Rapids, MI

#8 Jan 2, 2013
Close your complainer and make the payments
iambroke

Big Rapids, MI

#9 Jan 3, 2013
That is easy to say giter, but why should they bank-roll cash ?

also , i found out they charge per run also if you who live in the district .

Double taxation ?

Let me keep my money !
Rose Lake Rescue

Toledo, OH

#10 Jan 3, 2013
Giter should have said close ur trap and pay for crap. Im calling for all Rose Lake twp residents to demand better service. The county wants more ambulance stations to reduce response times.
Great idea!!!!! The same should apply to fire and rescue response times. We have an idea on how to help you if you please use your voice and speak up. Call our township board members and voice your concerns.
iambroke

Big Rapids, MI

#11 Jan 4, 2013
I know this RLR, rose lake township pays 2/3 of millage extracted.

yes, boys and girls thats is 2/3rds ...

Yet , their fireman may have to drive a total of 10 miles to get a truck back to a victim.

As strange twist , they might drive past a fire , to go into leroy to get the trucks, then drive all the way back! This may cost 15 extra minutes.

I think all Rose lake TAXPAYERS should demand
equal coverage for their taxes.
iambroke

Big Rapids, MI

#12 Jan 4, 2013
the twist is Rose Lake pays 2/3rds of the districts funds, YET ... their coverage from the district is not as good as it could be.

SO, why should the controlling township of LeRoy deny this improved coverage to Rose Lake Township?

If the center of the population has shifted into Rose Lake Township . Placement of rescue equipment HAS to move to follow the people.

Its just the SIMPLE!

Give the people of Rose Lake a better coverage for their funding of 2/3 of the fire district .

DO it now !
Rose Lake Rescue

Farmington, MI

#13 Jan 4, 2013
I spend a lot of time on the freeway each week, this allows a lot of thinking time. My "voice" on the admin board consists of a new guy that nobody knows and this Mays lady. She Mays well be Rex's preporation h. We send in the lions share of the money and get stuck with whatever No Stud Houseman feels like giving us. Its frustrating.
giterdone

Big Rapids, MI

#14 Jan 4, 2013
Can't stop the machine... may as well stop the beller'in and pay ..just let us handle it

If its so wrong where is Roy on all this
iambroke

Big Rapids, MI

#15 Mar 5, 2013
Looks like the district did it again last week.

2.25 Mils, makes leroy/roselake the most overfunded/bloated district in this area.

34 employees to this district . One of the largest employers in the area.
Taxim Harder

Ada, MI

#16 Mar 6, 2013
Hadenough wrote:
We need an Occupy Leroy-Rose Lake Fire Department!
Bring your tents!
Maybe they need more income to do better work?
Taxim Harder

Ada, MI

#17 Mar 6, 2013
IAM Broke wrote:
Yes, folks.... you dodged a financial cliff yesterday ...
But... in 8 weeks you are guaranteed to get hit by
an increased fire millage . No question.
A mystery ...
Where the the governmental groups making up the District Fire BOard in leRoy /Rose Lake Township that have to vote on the budget increase are all republican. with the exception of 1 (Rose Lake Township Treasurer Patti Gregory).
How is this happening ? Republicans are supposed to be against tax increases.
they must be really closet Obamacrats. Tax and spend the same old story .
Despite yearly budget surpluses and massive amounts of excess cash in the bank (+50,000 dollars un-attached budget surplus ) The board is looking to raise the current millage by nearly .45 mills.
Why ? Shouldn't they be lowering it ?
I need my money ! They don't need my money nearly as badly as i do .
Better speak up before its too late.
Sincerely
Dried Up
Cash Cow
I will bet you if the increase goes thru.Someone will get a pay increase.?Keep me posted
giterdone

Big Rapids, MI

#18 Mar 11, 2013
you guys can wish in one hand ... we control the board, the board controls the millage .

now you see that , it works as it should. All in our favor .

Our boy Art showed you people, he ponied his own raise through. Now that showed guts!, that's the man we have leading our tax collection . We got it all !

Giterdone !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Osceola County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shades of green May '14 KeepTheQuiet 1
Muskegon River Flooding Breaks a Record (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kathy 1
reed city (Apr '14) Apr '14 clarence 1
Former Evart Principal sentenced for sexual rel... (Nov '12) Mar '14 bucky 35
Rediscovery of rare mineral deposit by WMU geol... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Jury finds former Osceola County Road Commissio... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Grady 4
Osceola County police investigating Marion area... (Feb '08) Feb '13 Me Thinks U Dont ... 18

Osceola County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE