Deputies Say Man Had $500,000 in Cocaine

Deputies Say Man Had $500,000 in Cocaine

There are 25 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from May 30, 2008, titled Deputies Say Man Had $500,000 in Cocaine. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Orangeburg County deputies say they've arrested a man they say had more than a half-million dollars in cocaine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
homeboy

United States

#1 May 30, 2008
Do u think it was a set-up?
MEe

Lugoff, SC

#3 May 30, 2008
Dag why i couldnt know him....hell iknow he was on b4 i should have got some of that money...
my2cents

United States

#5 May 30, 2008
It does indeed seem like a set up. That was too easy. I don't necessary agree with that method, but the fact is... you play... you pay.
Not too smart there dude. Old enough to know better, but still young enough to be stupid.
At least the stuff is off the street now. Maybe... just maybe a few folks will be spared a life of addiction and destruction.
my2cents

United States

#6 May 30, 2008
**necessarily... duh
Honest One

Lexington, SC

#7 May 30, 2008
Glad this law breaker was caught , now I hope many more are caught . These young able bodied young people need to get a real job and quit trying the get rich quick scheme .

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Chester, SC

#9 May 30, 2008
Honest One wrote:
Glad this law breaker was caught , now I hope many more are caught . These young able bodied young people need to get a real job and quit trying the get rich quick scheme .
True! I hope this streak of catching poison-pushers will continue!
dave b

Columbia, SC

#10 May 30, 2008
Too bad. If he carried under 500g, say only $25,000 worth at a time, then he could just say he was going to share it with Thomas Ravenel's needy friends.
Brickbat of Tranquility

Darlington, SC

#12 May 30, 2008
The math is all wrong, 1 guy cannot carry $500,000 worth of anything on the run. If so we'd have track stars going straight from varsity to drug running.
sure thing

Kingstree, SC

#13 May 31, 2008
shoot him top, clean up SC
Taxpayer

Irmo, SC

#14 May 31, 2008
Obama will win the nomination, but he will never be elected with all his baggage. We all have baggage, but not all of us are running for the most powerful job on the planet. Expect to be investigated, every part of your life, this job demands it. Come on! Think. No free passes because of who you are or where you are from. We need change, not the same lying and dishonesty.
Taxpayer

Irmo, SC

#15 May 31, 2008
It seems Richland County called Orangeburg County and the guy was stopped holding the bag. It appears this was an investigation by the Richland Co. Sheriff's Dept. narcotics team. If it was, he was under investigative surveillance. If this is true, then hats off to RCSD for doing some good police work.
Thats BS

Chapin, SC

#16 May 31, 2008
Taxpayer wrote:
Obama will win the nomination, but he will never be elected with all his baggage. We all have baggage, but not all of us are running for the most powerful job on the planet. Expect to be investigated, every part of your life, this job demands it. Come on! Think. No free passes because of who you are or where you are from. We need change, not the same lying and dishonesty.
Yes he will. People would rather hear the same lies and dishonesty from Obama than from McCain's old boring butt. Does it really matter anyway? All of them lie. What did that have to do w/the coke bust??

Now this guy is REAL stupid. Who trafficks THAT much coke at once in a car!? Looks to me like another small timer trying to get to the big time.
Guess he's found out that's a dead end street....stupid, stupid, stupid.
Mi Amigo

AOL

#17 May 31, 2008
Thats alot of yay yo homes, wish I could have snorted it
tibbs

Columbia, SC

#18 May 31, 2008
Mi Amigo wrote:
Thats alot of yay yo homes, wish I could have snorted it
they bust tons of the stuff every year and they don't destroy it all, if any
live

Little River, SC

#19 May 31, 2008
It wouldn't surprise me if Americans elected someone named "Hussein" into the White House.
jefro

Bay Minette, AL

#20 May 31, 2008
nice bust
hey

United States

#22 May 31, 2008
hi
uhmmmm

Columbia, SC

#23 May 31, 2008
Fine and the dope man...that's what I like!
mischief

Columbia, SC

#24 May 31, 2008
live wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Americans elected someone named "Hussein" into the White House.
What's your point you freak? You sound like someone who is a scaaarrry cat. Scared are you? What's the problem? Want to talk about it?

“Please don't feed the trolls.”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#25 May 31, 2008
Brickbat of Tranquility wrote:
The math is all wrong, 1 guy cannot carry $500,000 worth of anything on the run. If so we'd have track stars going straight from varsity to drug running.
I haven't ever seen that much of anything in one place before, how large a sack was he carrying?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orangeburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deputies seek information after man found dead ... (Apr '17) Jun '17 Unknow 2
News Leave a Comment (Jan '09) Feb '17 YisraelAintUnited 5
The Times and Democrat Newspaper: Fraudulent Jo... (Feb '17) Feb '17 The General 2
News Fatal wreck shuts down northbound I-95 at I-26 ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 jmyers 1
News 4 Found Dead at Orangeburg County Home (Jul '15) Jul '15 anybody game 1
Firechief stabed (Dec '13) Dec '13 Rusty 1
News Man shot, body left outside Vance club (Apr '09) Jul '13 the great white b... 5