Santee wreck strands drivers for hours

Jan 22, 2009 Full story: WIS-TV Columbia

Highway Patrol officials say an accident on I-95 southbound in Orangeburg County left some drivers stuck in traffic for up to three hours.

Read more
david from charleston

Mount Pleasant, SC

#1 Jan 24, 2009
i was stuck in traffic from 5:45 to 8:30 when I decided to turn around and go around the lake the long way. I was supposed to be home at 6:45 and didn't get home until 9:30. To top it off, I was driving back from Chapel Hill where I saw my Tigers get slaugthered by the Tar Heels. The four plus hour drive turned into an 8 hour drive.
d from s

West Columbia, SC

#2 Jan 24, 2009
Does anyone else have more info on this accident? I have only seen one story (no details) on WIS. I figured the Orangeburg paper would have something but they did not.
Fishermen

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Feb 4, 2009
We just missed this..We swerved to miss the truck, which had a trailer attached right at the peak of the bride. It was harded to tell he was stopped due to the sun, he did have his flashers on..but we figured they were taking pictures.
Looked in rear view to see the tractor (no trailer attached) plow into his trailer and seen it explode.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orangeburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Firechief stabed (Dec '13) Dec '13 Rusty 1
News Man shot, body left outside Vance club (Apr '09) Jul '13 the great white b... 5
News Bill to create 'Eartha Kitt Day' in SC stalls (Jul '11) Feb '13 Mrs R 5
News Senators to discuss future of SC State (May '12) May '12 Yana 2
News Oprah's Interview With Shaquan Duley To Air Sunday (Mar '12) Mar '12 Rosa Bogar 1
News Mayor Requests Jury Trial in Traffic Case (Feb '12) Feb '12 Disgrace to the b... 2
News New Orangeburg Co Sheriff swears in (Feb '11) Jan '12 Rosa Bogar 5
More from around the web