Woman Shot in Her Home, Later Dies

Woman Shot in Her Home, Later Dies

There are 36 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Aug 18, 2007, titled Woman Shot in Her Home, Later Dies. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Deputies say a 22-year-old is dead after being shot in her home at about 1 a.m. Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RACHEL SMITH COLUMBIA SC

Toledo, OH

#73 Aug 20, 2007
WHERE WAS THE HUSBAND?
Seet Tee

Columbia, SC

#74 Aug 20, 2007
Robert,

It takes a MAN to admit that he caused harm to others and a Bigger Man to make the changes that are needed. I will pray that you stay focus with doing the right thing. Change is what we are need to make this world/country a better place to live in...

“M.O.G.”

Since: Jun 07

Columbia, SC

#75 Aug 20, 2007
Robert Meek wrote:
I challenge you all to sit back and read this page and pretend you aren't posted here, just read it and take it in, how everyone is snipping sniping, and snarling at each other, and tell me then if there's any hope for us, for us all, for the future of our children, if this is the best we can do to communicate in a civilized, intelligent, adult, responsible manner without vehemence and attacks?
PS - Those not guilty, don't get upset. You know if this applies to you, in your heart, and if it does not. Those who will holler the loudest are usually the most guilty.
I know. My own years and decades of history past have taught me, because I was nothing better than the pot calling the kettle black, as guilty as I saw.
Oh, I was right, and full of self-righteous indignation.
And then one day I realized how many people I'd hurt, and how badly I'd hurt them, and that most of all....
I didn't like me.
I didn't like who I had become.
So, I changed, by choice.
Well stated.
Deep Dimples

Columbia, SC

#76 Aug 20, 2007
Bobby Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>
Well stated.
I commend you my brother stay positive and keep your head up.
21andsexy

Lake City, SC

#77 Aug 20, 2007
Larry Williams find her murder, u aren't doing your job, u never do anthing why don't quit.
Justice

AOL

#78 Aug 20, 2007
Robert Meek wrote:
I challenge you all to sit back and read this page and pretend you aren't posted here, just read it and take it in, how everyone is snipping sniping, and snarling at each other, and tell me then if there's any hope for us, for us all, for the future of our children, if this is the best we can do to communicate in a civilized, intelligent, adult, responsible manner without vehemence and attacks?
PS - Those not guilty, don't get upset. You know if this applies to you, in your heart, and if it does not. Those who will holler the loudest are usually the most guilty.
I know. My own years and decades of history past have taught me, because I was nothing better than the pot calling the kettle black, as guilty as I saw.
Oh, I was right, and full of self-righteous indignation.
And then one day I realized how many people I'd hurt, and how badly I'd hurt them, and that most of all....
I didn't like me.
I didn't like who I had become.
So, I changed, by choice.
ROBERT, I mean no harm nor disrespect toward you... but, this is a forum where people share opinions, views, and some even set-up scenerio's.

I fail to see your point. I mean, I can appreciate you changing "your life"... but, you must remember this... and know this... there are no two people alike.

To answer your question about is there any hope for our children... maybe not for "all" because of the lack of discipline "some parents" display. But, I would say YES. Why?...because I believe that there are alot of good (no, great) parents out there both black and white...yes, there are some bad one's but, life nor time waits for no one.

In other words... those that refuse to adapt to life, and society will simply be 1. left behind (very broad); 2. go to jail; or 3. pay the ultimate price (their life).

I am not rejecting your speech but, simply trying to let you know that no two people are alike. This is a forum where people voice their opinions, views, and share comments on the great stories being posted by WLTX. However, there are a few stranglers that attempt to take this forum to another level. STAY FOCUS!

Peace & Out
Justice

AOL

#79 Aug 20, 2007
Oh please wrote:
I have to agree on Justice with this one. He may have been at work when this happens and may have been too distraught to talk to media.
I am SHOCKED!! Just teasing you girlie, lol.... how have you been?
COLA concerned citizen

Columbia, SC

#80 Aug 20, 2007
Have mercy... another child gone! Peace be with you and your family.
Positive Change Needed

Winnsboro, SC

#82 Aug 20, 2007
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
ROBERT, I mean no harm nor disrespect toward you... but, this is a forum where people share opinions, views, and some even set-up scenerio's.
I fail to see your point. I mean, I can appreciate you changing "your life"... but, you must remember this... and know this... there are no two people alike.
To answer your question about is there any hope for our children... maybe not for "all" because of the lack of discipline "some parents" display. But, I would say YES. Why?...because I believe that there are alot of good (no, great) parents out there both black and white...yes, there are some bad one's but, life nor time waits for no one.
In other words... those that refuse to adapt to life, and society will simply be 1. left behind (very broad); 2. go to jail; or 3. pay the ultimate price (their life).
I am not rejecting your speech but, simply trying to let you know that no two people are alike. This is a forum where people voice their opinions, views, and share comments on the great stories being posted by WLTX. However, there are a few stranglers that attempt to take this forum to another level. STAY FOCUS!
Peace & Out
I agree with what Robert said. This forum is used to attack each other personally. I think we should be discussing the topics and not name calling and hiding. We need to love and respect each other even when our opinions are different. God made us all different, so we have the right to think and feel different. That doesn't make us any less or more than anyone else. The world needs more people like Robert who can admit when he's wrong and change for the better.
Something Not Quite Right

Winnsboro, SC

#83 Aug 20, 2007
Oscar Middleton wrote:
They says that husbin wuz out wid frends. I bet he doos it. We dont have much law in dis contey. He is big and dum as dey be. Hes fat to. Mr. larry is real dum to.
Well, I hope they are really talking with the husband and his family. Something just isn't quite right about this. Seems like she would have been trying to identify her killer if she saw them. Her husband should really feel bad, his wife murdered while he's out with his friends. Question him, he may know something.
ksn

Dillon, SC

#84 Aug 20, 2007
i know them personally and none of yall know what yall talkin bout just leave it like that
Justice

AOL

#87 Aug 21, 2007
chuck in lex sc wrote:
<quoted text> i assume your are referring to the monkey pic?... yeah... he's my fav lol. thanks
Yes LEX!! that is one cool little monkey.
21andsexy

Lake City, SC

#88 Aug 21, 2007
[are u guys serious, a girl was murdered and all u can talk about is a money I am sadden, that breaks my heart]="Justice"] <quoted text>
Yes LEX!! that is one cool little monkey.[are u guys serious, a girl was murdered and all u can talk about is a money I am sadden, that breaks my heart]
jmn

Columbia, SC

#89 Aug 21, 2007
WIS said he was out with friends....wonder why he never came home?
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think he may have been at work.... we brothers do work you know. No offense but, stop thinking the worse of people... every killing of a woman is not DV.
Some of you people could never (ever) sit on a jury... if you're honest to the Judges/prosecutors/defense attornies. People form opinions of others without gathering the facts.
ksa

Duluth, GA

#90 Aug 21, 2007
Black Panther wrote:
What is wrong with my black brothers and sisters today?
Umm what do u mean? is something wrong with her b/c she got shot? What if her killer was white or mexican or asian? We need to focus on who they are not what color she it...so i ask whats wrong with u
copperlady

Blythewood, SC

#92 Aug 22, 2007
ksa wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm what do u mean? is something wrong with her b/c she got shot? What if her killer was white or mexican or asian? We need to focus on who they are not what color she it...so i ask whats wrong with u
I don't even believe that this poster is black. Probably a smart azz white person TRYING to be funny. That's ALL it could be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orangeburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Firechief stabed (Dec '13) Dec '13 Rusty 1
News Man shot, body left outside Vance club (Apr '09) Jul '13 the great white b... 5
News Bill to create 'Eartha Kitt Day' in SC stalls (Jul '11) Feb '13 Mrs R 5
News Senators to discuss future of SC State (May '12) May '12 Yana 2
News Oprah's Interview With Shaquan Duley To Air Sunday (Mar '12) Mar '12 Rosa Bogar 1
News Mayor Requests Jury Trial in Traffic Case (Feb '12) Feb '12 Disgrace to the b... 2
News New Orangeburg Co Sheriff swears in (Feb '11) Jan '12 Rosa Bogar 5
More from around the web