Woman Shot in Her Home, Later Dies

Woman Shot in Her Home, Later Dies

There are 36 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Aug 18, 2007, titled Woman Shot in Her Home, Later Dies. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Deputies say a 22-year-old is dead after being shot in her home at about 1 a.m. Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sandy

West Columbia, SC

#1 Aug 18, 2007
I'm giving some thought to taking WLTX out of my favorites. This is getting so depressing, my heart aches more and more, and I don't even know these people.

Will it ever end?

“Country Girl”

Since: May 07

The real Boonedocks

#2 Aug 18, 2007
Sandy wrote:
I'm giving some thought to taking WLTX out of my favorites. This is getting so depressing, my heart aches more and more, and I don't even know these people.
Will it ever end?
This is not WLTX"S fault. They are only posting the news. My guess is a boyfriend or gang shooting. Another young person is dead . Taking a life is getting way to common any more.
Sandy

West Columbia, SC

#6 Aug 18, 2007
Oh, I know it's not WLTX's fault.
The news is the news and needs to be reported. But reading about these same sad type of events over and over every time I click on the WLTX webpage - well, it's just getting awfully hard to bear.
Crook Finder

Maxton, NC

#7 Aug 18, 2007
Inflate to 500PSI wrote:
<quoted text>
Did her name give it away????
No, the absence of the mentioning of incest gave it away!
spike1982

West Columbia, SC

#8 Aug 18, 2007
Jo Jo wrote:
I'll bet it's a B-O-B crime!
Dont you mean another X3!!!
spike1982

West Columbia, SC

#10 Aug 18, 2007
Sandy wrote:
Oh, I know it's not WLTX's fault.
The news is the news and needs to be reported. But reading about these same sad type of events over and over every time I click on the WLTX webpage - well, it's just getting awfully hard to bear.
Sandy if you went to all the news media around just our country there will be at least THREE(3) on each site...'cept maybe ALASKA?!
Tomfoolery

Columbia, SC

#57 Aug 20, 2007
If she was coherant and talking, I wonder why she didn't tell her sister in-law who shot her.
Storm

United States

#58 Aug 20, 2007
Tomfoolery wrote:
If she was coherant and talking, I wonder why she didn't tell her sister in-law who shot her.
Maybe she didn't because she was shot in the back and possibly didn't see who it was.
Justice

AOL

#59 Aug 20, 2007
^^^^ to the above.... READING IS FUNDAMENTAL. Being able to understand is a must. Read the story... did it not say she was shot in the back?

Did it ever occur to you that this was a sneak attack, and she never saw the criminal coming?
Justice

AOL

#60 Aug 20, 2007
chuck in lex sc wrote:
such a shame, have to see how this1 turns out! hope they get the sob that did it.
Hey LEX...... thanks for putting him back up (lol).
TBC

Columbia, SC

#61 Aug 20, 2007
Where was her husband at the time this happened? The mother stated she was married and there is no mention of him being there. Not pointing any fingers, just curious where he may have been at the time. Could have been a domestic violence case.
Tomfoolery

Columbia, SC

#62 Aug 20, 2007
Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she didn't because she was shot in the back and possibly didn't see who it was.
That's possible, but I doubt it.
qnb

Portland, OR

#63 Aug 20, 2007
I was thinking the same thing. No mention as to where he was or where he is in this article.
TBC wrote:
Where was her husband at the time this happened? The mother stated she was married and there is no mention of him being there. Not pointing any fingers, just curious where he may have been at the time. Could have been a domestic violence case.
Se7en

Columbia, SC

#65 Aug 20, 2007
Tomfoolery wrote:
Good question
Justice

AOL

#66 Aug 20, 2007
TBC wrote:
Do you think he may have been at work.... we brothers do work you know. No offense but, stop thinking the worse of people... every killing of a woman is not DV.

Some of you people could never (ever) sit on a jury... if you're honest to the Judges/prosecutors/defense attornies. People form opinions of others without gathering the facts.
Justice

AOL

#67 Aug 20, 2007
Black Panther wrote:
What is wrong with my black brothers and sisters today?
Ever heard of the term..."some?". And you are as guilty as the one's above jumping to the conclusion that the killer was black, and/or it was a domestic situation/killing.
Justice

AOL

#68 Aug 20, 2007
Se7en wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question
That's a dumb question. "my opinion"... and you have yours, right?
Oh please

White House, TN

#70 Aug 20, 2007
I have to agree on Justice with this one. He may have been at work when this happens and may have been too distraught to talk to media.
God Will

Winnsboro, SC

#71 Aug 20, 2007
Possibly she didn't see who shot her but wonder did the sister-in-law ask her if she saw anything. It was stated earlier that her husband was out. Maybe someone had something against him because nothing was said about robbery.Was it a break-in or was it someone she knew? I am really hoping the killer is found soon and it's not someone she knew. My prayers are with her family, especially her mother. Things are getting really dangerous, so maybe sometimes it's good to be at home late at night. Hopefully, he husband had a good reason to be out late at night because otherwise, his conscience is going to kill him.
Robert Meek

Conway, SC

#72 Aug 20, 2007
I challenge you all to sit back and read this page and pretend you aren't posted here, just read it and take it in, how everyone is snipping sniping, and snarling at each other, and tell me then if there's any hope for us, for us all, for the future of our children, if this is the best we can do to communicate in a civilized, intelligent, adult, responsible manner without vehemence and attacks?

PS - Those not guilty, don't get upset. You know if this applies to you, in your heart, and if it does not. Those who will holler the loudest are usually the most guilty.

I know. My own years and decades of history past have taught me, because I was nothing better than the pot calling the kettle black, as guilty as I saw.

Oh, I was right, and full of self-righteous indignation.

And then one day I realized how many people I'd hurt, and how badly I'd hurt them, and that most of all....

I didn't like me.

I didn't like who I had become.

So, I changed, by choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orangeburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 Found Dead at Orangeburg County Home (Jul '15) Jul '15 anybody game 1
Firechief stabed (Dec '13) Dec '13 Rusty 1
News Man shot, body left outside Vance club (Apr '09) Jul '13 the great white b... 5
News Bill to create 'Eartha Kitt Day' in SC stalls (Jul '11) Feb '13 Mrs R 5
News Senators to discuss future of SC State (May '12) May '12 Yana 2
News Oprah's Interview With Shaquan Duley To Air Sunday (Mar '12) Mar '12 Rosa Bogar 1
News Mayor Requests Jury Trial in Traffic Case (Feb '12) Feb '12 Disgrace to the b... 2
More from around the web