Man Hit By Train In Orangeburg County

Man Hit By Train In Orangeburg County

There are 32 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Dec 18, 2007, titled Man Hit By Train In Orangeburg County. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Mobile Site Time Warner Cable 9 HDTV 19-1, 19-2, and 19-3 WLTX.com Best Viewed with Internet Explorer 7+ / Windows Media Plug-in 9+ / Flash Plug-in 7+ / JavaScript Enabled Back to Top

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joyce

Georgetown, SC

#23 Dec 19, 2007
Susan wrote:
CLOSE BEVERLY DRIVE IN SPRINGDALE BEFORE WE READ THIS AGAIN~!!!!!
CLOSE BEVERLY DRIVE
CLOSE BEVERLY DRIVE
CLOSE BEVERLY DRIVE
Sorry, but you must really be an idiot. What part of STOP AND LOOK do you not understand???
It's not like trains deliberately hit people. They are moving in one direction on TRACKS. They can't swerve to avoid idiots who think they can beat the train.
Not only that, but they are LOUD and you should at the very least HEAR the trains coming. Oh, forgot that means you have to be able to hear it... turn that noise that you call music down.
But this guy was walking on the tracks - was he trying to commit suicide? Walking 3 - 4 miles per hour versus a train going 30 - 40 mph -- duh, what did the guy think was going to happen?

WHERE'S PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY THESE DAYS????
Joe the Photog

Sumter, SC

#24 Dec 20, 2007
I see this every day. In the linked shot taken in Columbia, the man in the van is just oblivious to the big, long coal train bearing down on him --

< http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php... ;
Outraged

Columbia, SC

#25 Dec 20, 2007
Are you Serious wrote:
PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD
PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD
AND YOU WON'T GET HIT BY TRAINS!
AND YOU WON'T GET HIT BY TRAINS!
why would you close a road for people's stupidity? should we close all bars because people drink and drive? should we stop letting people drive period since there are fatal car accidents? or even better should we stop all trains since people get hit by trains? NO. It's called common sense, don't play on RR crossings and you won't get hit by trains.
LOL! I must agree with you on this. Common sense? Common sense is NOT so common nowadays. Must be something in the gene pool. People are becoming dumber. Example - People KNOW that driving and talking/texting on cell phones is STUPID, yet they do it anyway. Remember the story of the idiot that got hit by a train because he was too busy texting someone on his cell phone while driving? Ergo, people must be getting dumber.
Nooze Nutt

Sumter, SC

#26 Dec 20, 2007
Outraged wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the story of the idiot that got hit by a train because he was too busy texting someone on his cell phone while driving? Ergo, people must be getting dumber.
Was that the guy driving the 18 wheeler down in Monetta?
Susan

Cayce, SC

#27 Dec 20, 2007
Joyce wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you must really be an idiot. What part of STOP AND LOOK do you not understand???
It's not like trains deliberately hit people. They are moving in one direction on TRACKS. They can't swerve to avoid idiots who think they can beat the train.
Not only that, but they are LOUD and you should at the very least HEAR the trains coming. Oh, forgot that means you have to be able to hear it... turn that noise that you call music down.
But this guy was walking on the tracks - was he trying to commit suicide? Walking 3 - 4 miles per hour versus a train going 30 - 40 mph -- duh, what did the guy think was going to happen?
WHERE'S PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY THESE DAYS????
Calling someone an idiot because you don't agree with there opinion is just not right. Just because you are typing does not mean God can’t hear your thoughts. Please be more considerate of people’s feelings.
deedee29135

Lexington, SC

#28 Dec 20, 2007
This is by far the funniest thread I have read! I love the wity comments!

LOL, dude if you can't see it or hear it, you should have at least felt the ground shaking a little as the train was getting close to you!
Dumb Headlines

Summerville, SC

#29 Dec 20, 2007
Only in SC do folks like to play chicken on the railroad tracks. Is it the creosote rail ties that lures them onto the tracks? I mean a big golly gee wiz, did they have their iPod up so load they didn't hear anything either?
kim

Glasgow, KY

#30 Dec 28, 2007
THAT WAS STUPID DUMB
kim

Glasgow, KY

#31 Dec 28, 2007
THAT WAS STUPID

Since: Feb 08

Myrtle Beach, SC

#33 Feb 8, 2008
i think the railroad tracks/trains awto be place/going around the city of orangeburg,south carolina so it want be no more problems/deafs in the city or lower the speed limit of the trains in the city i rather wait for a train to pass by then taking a risk to cross the tracks trying to beat the train traveling at 49mph.
Nooze Nutt

Sumter, SC

#34 Jun 10, 2008
bernard yon wrote:
i think the railroad tracks/trains awto be place/going around the city of orangeburg,south carolina
OK. Who's going to pay for this?

“Cogito Ergo Armatum Sum”

Since: Mar 08

Roswell, NM

#35 Jun 10, 2008
Alcohol or drugs may have been involved. More at 11.

"YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID" - Ron White

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orangeburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 Found Dead at Orangeburg County Home (Jul '15) Jul '15 anybody game 1
Firechief stabed (Dec '13) Dec '13 Rusty 1
News Man shot, body left outside Vance club (Apr '09) Jul '13 the great white b... 5
News Bill to create 'Eartha Kitt Day' in SC stalls (Jul '11) Feb '13 Mrs R 5
News Senators to discuss future of SC State (May '12) May '12 Yana 2
News Oprah's Interview With Shaquan Duley To Air Sunday (Mar '12) Mar '12 Rosa Bogar 1
News Mayor Requests Jury Trial in Traffic Case (Feb '12) Feb '12 Disgrace to the b... 2
More from around the web