Child Killed in Orangeburg County Acc...

Child Killed in Orangeburg County Accident

There are 29 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jul 23, 2007, titled Child Killed in Orangeburg County Accident. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

A child was killed while riding in the backseat of a car in Orangeburg County Monday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Please

Saint Matthews, SC

#1 Jul 23, 2007
As a parent of two small children, this story shakes me to the core. First, my heart felt sympathy to all involved in this tragedy. Secondly, please make sure children are properly fastened inside vehicles. It's a choice between life and death. Don't gamble, you won't win!!!
SLV

Maxton, NC

#3 Jul 23, 2007
How heartbreaking! Parents PLEASE buckle up your kids.
MONICA

Knoxville, TN

#4 Jul 23, 2007
RIP HARLEY WE LOVE YOU!!!!
Margaret

United States

#5 Jul 23, 2007
My heart goes out to this family that i know so well.
The little girl will be missed very much by alot of people.We love her so much.
cin

Aiken, SC

#6 Jul 24, 2007
24 yr old female knows to secure a child in a seat belt... any other questions will be answered at grave side by loved ones. please send prayers for loved ones who will deal with the death of this child for the rest of their lives.
tld

Santa Cruz, NM

#7 Jul 24, 2007
why was the child not in carseat, she was only 4?mother should have made child have one, this little sweet girl has lost her short life because the mom did not care ... there is more to the story if someone looks into this , i promise you...why she was with her, the mom her name is tiffany, not tammy...
santee

Orangeburg, SC

#8 Jul 24, 2007
my heart go out to the Brown famiy whom i know so well. May God continue to be with you through this sad time.
WColaGal

Columbia, SC

#9 Jul 24, 2007
My heartfelt prayers to this family for the loss of their little girl.

Now, people, people, people - when will you ever learn that you should NEVER pull out in front of a tractor-trailer. These big trucks, especially if they are carrying a load, cannot slow down or stop like a 4-wheeler. Let alone, why wasn't this child in a car seat. Such a tragic accident that could have been totally avoided. I feel for the trucker too, having to deal with the fact that this little girl's life was taken in an accident in which he could not avoid.
Brittany

Knoxville, TN

#10 Jul 24, 2007
R.I.P Harley we love you and always will you are forever in our hearts and you will sadly be missed.
Taylor

Knoxville, TN

#11 Jul 24, 2007
R.I.P Harley...although i dint know you very well i know you were a very sweet little girl and what time i was around you i fell in love with you like you were my own little cousin...we love you and we are gonna miss you.
Buck

Columbia, SC

#12 Jul 24, 2007
I knew the family, and am deeply saddened to hear of this loss. I am, however, upset that so many people in this state still fail to strap their children into their car seats, booster seats, or insist that they wear seat belts. It is one thing to throw caution to the wind and say the heck with the seatbelt as an adult, but how responsible is it not to fasten a child into a seat belt?
Shame on you parents that I see riding around with your children all over the car!!! I know that we are all professional drivers out here, but who is to say your car will not be hit by an amature? Protect yourself people!!! Click it!!!
Friend

North Charleston, SC

#13 Jul 24, 2007
My prayers go out to both families of this tragic accident. Ced, I know you try everything within your power to avoid this, but thats the reason they are called Accidents-(unpreventable). So keep praying and I'll pray with you. Your Friend!
kelly for santee

Novi, MI

#14 Jul 24, 2007
I feel so sorry for the parents and for ced(the truck driver). I will have you in my prayers. God will work it out. It is no need to say your should of, could of ,would of. God called an Angel home and there is nothing anyone can do about it
Janelle

Columbia, SC

#15 Jul 25, 2007
The report shows that the child was wearing a seatbelt. If you look at a picture of the car and read what happened, the child probably did not stand a chance whether she was buckled in or not. Apparently she took the direct impact.
The Voice

Saint Matthews, SC

#16 Jul 25, 2007
Janelle wrote:
The report shows that the child was wearing a seat belt. If you look at a picture of the car and read what happened, the child probably did not stand a chance whether she was buckled in or not. Apparently she took the direct impact.
This is straight from the article. "A child, who's name and age have not been released, died in the backseat. Troopers say the child was not wearing a seat belt." I agree with you that maybe the child wouldn't have survived the impact. Not wearing a seat belt at all gives a child almost no chance. That's what we are preaching.
monica

Knoxville, TN

#17 Jul 28, 2007
TODAY HARLEY WAS LAIED TO REST..WHAT A NICE FUNERAL IT WAS..MAY U REST IN PEACE..WE LOVE YOU AND WILL MISS YOU ALOT!!!!
24hr Camel Towing

UK

#18 Jul 28, 2007
monica wrote:
TODAY HARLEY WAS LAIED TO REST..WHAT A NICE FUNERAL IT WAS..MAY U REST IN PEACE..WE LOVE YOU AND WILL MISS YOU ALOT!!!!
Bauman?
monica

Knoxville, TN

#19 Jul 29, 2007
YEA BAUMAN WHY ?
24hr Camel Towing

UK

#20 Jul 29, 2007
ha ha ha ha ha ha
24hr Camel Towing

UK

#21 Jul 29, 2007
monica wrote:
YEA BAUMAN WHY ?
Hey, Monica, how's your child molestor boyfriend? You got him back at your house 'babysitting' your kids yet? Keep up the good fight. I'm waiting to eat my words....waiting...waiting...w aiting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orangeburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deputies seek information after man found dead ... Jun '17 Unknow 2
News Leave a Comment (Jan '09) Feb '17 YisraelAintUnited 5
The Times and Democrat Newspaper: Fraudulent Jo... Feb '17 The General 2
News Fatal wreck shuts down northbound I-95 at I-26 ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 jmyers 1
News 4 Found Dead at Orangeburg County Home (Jul '15) Jul '15 anybody game 1
Firechief stabed (Dec '13) Dec '13 Rusty 1
News Man shot, body left outside Vance club (Apr '09) Jul '13 the great white b... 5
More from around the web