'Oh well,' mom says from jail, as her friend worries for Caylee

Casey Anthony was angry. Her voice was cold. All she wanted was her boyfriend's telephone number. Read more
First Prev
of 334
Next Last
kathy collier

Ozark, AL

#1 Jul 26, 2008
I am really getting closer to the belief that the grandmother knows what happened to this little girl. I wish there was some way they could just make them tell what happened to Caylee. I feel sorry for her that she never had a chance living in a family like that. If I was Casey's mom she would not call me talking to me like that from jail. I would tell her the only thing she needed to call me for was to tell me where Caylee is. Thats why I feel she knows what happened.These are just not normal reactions to the sitiation. I just hope the police can find out what happened soon
fltom

Orlando, FL

#2 Jul 26, 2008
If she has no clue where her daughter is then she needs to stay in jail!
Aim

Chester, MA

#3 Jul 26, 2008
Has Casey's boyfriend been questioned?
Linda

Cincinnati, OH

#4 Jul 26, 2008
Did anyone notice in the video of Caylees looking at the book. Does it appear a large area of her hair is mising on both side? I think the mother may have done something bad to her as she moved in with the boyfriend the day the girl disppeared. I to feel that Casy needs to remain in Jail till s she tells what she did with the poor little girl
Fed Up

AOL

#5 Jul 26, 2008
Too bad they can't beat the information out of her. This circus the family has created has gone on long enough. An innocent child is likely dead and the mother is too concerned about talking to her boyfriend than getting to the bottom of Caylee's whereabouts.

The entire family is nuts.
Thorn

United States

#6 Jul 26, 2008
This is more of the same trial by media......
Debra

Taylor, MI

#7 Jul 26, 2008
As a Mother, grandmother and G. grandmother I'm at a total lose as to how you can go a month and not see your little one's. It is beyond my thinking. I talk to my older ones just about everyday. If I were given an excuse as to why I couldn't, the first time okay. The second excuse I would have the police on it as a well check. As for our little one, 18 mo. old. I have never been denied her for any reason so the first time okay, I think, the second time, here come the police. I'm talking a 24 hour period or less , never 30 days, it just wouldn't happen. The grandmother of Caylee has alot of excuses as to why 30 days went by, all very unacceptable in my mind. Our children and their children etc. are the most precious thing god will give us in our life.
BLANTONA1

Winter Garden, FL

#8 Jul 26, 2008
Debra wrote:
As a Mother, grandmother and G. grandmother I'm at a total lose as to how you can go a month and not see your little one's. It is beyond my thinking. I talk to my older ones just about everyday. If I were given an excuse as to why I couldn't, the first time okay. The second excuse I would have the police on it as a well check. As for our little one, 18 mo. old. I have never been denied her for any reason so the first time okay, I think, the second time, here come the police. I'm talking a 24 hour period or less , never 30 days, it just wouldn't happen. The grandmother of Caylee has alot of excuses as to why 30 days went by, all very unacceptable in my mind. Our children and their children etc. are the most precious thing god will give us in our life.
I agree with you to a point. I think in this instance, the Grandmother was trying to keep from calling the police about the family car her daughter had stolen. I don't think it had ever occured to her that her daughter would harm Caylee....where Grandma made a big mistake was to not report the stolen car immediately. If she had, they probably wouldn't be in this situation now. I get the distinct impression that Grandmother has covered, coddled and "helped" her daughter out of every situation that has come along....hence the failure to call police about the car.
deni

Labelle, FL

#9 Jul 26, 2008
I also agree that the grandmother knows more than what she is letting on. In reading all of the articles there are certain little things that don't make sense...

1. When the grandmother first called police her top priority was to get her daughter arrested for stealing a car. In my opinion, the top priority should have been about the missing child.

2. Casey Anthony has been seeing her boyfriend for a few months...why didn't she know his phone number??? That seemed really odd to me.

3. I think if something bad has happened to Caylee, I think it was an accident gone very bad and the person(s) involved are trying to find a way to get out of this situation.
none

Plainfield, VT

#10 Jul 26, 2008
first of all the daughter should keep her legs closed.second were is the boyfriend in all this.they cant find him either.she should get fixed she does not need to bring kids into this world were she cant love them.yes the grandparents are concerned.why does the brother need to get involved yes he loves her sister but stay out of it.the mother to the little girl has no remorse.she is smiling in court look at her she has no care in the world.if she really loved her little girl 30 days would not have passed.if that was my daughter i would not get bail.i would put out a search for the boyfriend, i would search her house or apt were ever she lived talk toher friends if she has any look at pictures maybe her boyfriend is in one of them get it out there find him he might have something to do with this who knows.yes we need to focus,but i dont see or here anything about the boyfriend,i just hope its not to late.i feel for the grandad he is going to need help .he loves his granddaughter,i wish the grandparents all the best of luck and bring her home,were she needs to be .
what

Starke, FL

#11 Jul 26, 2008
That was the first time I've heard of her boyfriend. Hes got to know what happened! I have a feeling the family knows what happened to her. I think they should cut one finger off at a time til she tells where this child is. She'll talk real quick!!
UCF TailGator

Winter Park, FL

#12 Jul 26, 2008
Deni, now days with cell phones and the contact list on them I think few people actualy memorise peoples phone numbers any more, they just look for the pre programed name and hit "send".
Get Real

Deltona, FL

#13 Jul 26, 2008
deni wrote:
I also agree that the grandmother knows more than what she is letting on. In reading all of the articles there are certain little things that don't make sense...
1. When the grandmother first called police her top priority was to get her daughter arrested for stealing a car. In my opinion, the top priority should have been about the missing child.
2. Casey Anthony has been seeing her boyfriend for a few months...why didn't she know his phone number??? That seemed really odd to me.
3. I think if something bad has happened to Caylee, I think it was an accident gone very bad and the person(s) involved are trying to find a way to get out of this situation.
All of us who are sane and rational agree that the top priority would be the child. Who cares about a car? I wouldn't have even brought it up, except for the dead body smell. Let's be honest though, this grandmother is far from normal. She is as crazy as her daughter. It's easy to see why the daughter is such a sociopath. I think the grandmother should be in jail as well for obstructing justice.
Remy

Orlando, FL

#14 Jul 26, 2008
Debra wrote:
My mom would have called for a well being check after 48 hours....
ListenSonny

Orlando, FL

#16 Jul 26, 2008
This whole thing is just wacko. Total selfishness. They will probably end up getting some kind of movie deal out of it.
justin duffy

United States

#18 Jul 26, 2008
First class family here.All the way from grandmother to daughter. Keep here in jail
OH PLEASE

Winter Haven, FL

#19 Jul 26, 2008
BLANTONA1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you to a point. I think in this instance, the Grandmother was trying to keep from calling the police about the family car her daughter had stolen. I don't think it had ever occured to her that her daughter would harm Caylee....where Grandma made a big mistake was to not report the stolen car immediately. If she had, they probably wouldn't be in this situation now. I get the distinct impression that Grandmother has covered, coddled and "helped" her daughter out of every situation that has come along....hence the failure to call police about the car.
The reason she didn't report it stolen is because it wasn't stolen. She has said before that everyone including CASEY has used that car. Casey left the Anthony home in that car. Cindy knew Casey had it. I believe that Cindy is a master manipulator and control freak. Casey's habitual lying and rebellion is the product of a life of living with "mommy dearest". Cindy wanted to be Caylee's mom. Casey left because she couldn't bond with Caylee because Cindy was always interfering. Casey did something so Caylee wouldn't have to grow up under the same environment that she did. When Casey WOULDN'T produce Caylee...then grandma starts with her bullying and calls the police, reports the car stolen and the credit card charges.
TruthSeeker
#20 Jul 26, 2008
UCF TailGator wrote:
Deni, now days with cell phones and the contact list on them I think few people actualy memorise peoples phone numbers any more, they just look for the pre programed name and hit "send".
I have about 60 numbers in my cell..I think I probably have only 1 memorized in that entire list, and that's only because it's my dad's and the number has been the same since the beginning of the dinosaur age. If my phone were taken away, I would definitely have to have someone tell me the number.
What the

Orlando, FL

#21 Jul 26, 2008
What were they thinking releasing the phone calls and visitation video? Now this spoiled little brat knows they tape her calls and visits. She likely won't say anything of use on the ohne now. Give me a blow torch, pair of pliers, and five minutes with this nut and she'll talk.
OH PLEASE

Winter Haven, FL

#22 Jul 26, 2008
TruthSeeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I have about 60 numbers in my cell..I think I probably have only 1 memorized in that entire list, and that's only because it's my dad's and the number has been the same since the beginning of the dinosaur age. If my phone were taken away, I would definitely have to have someone tell me the number.
Me too. I would be completely lost and cut off from everyone, except my parents land line because like yours their number hasn't changed in 40 years. Ask me for their cell and I'll give you the deer in headlights stare...that goes for my daughter too. AH the joys of speed dial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 334
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orange County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops: Two arrested for putting boy in dress as ... Dec '14 barbj 1
Les Mitchell, and CoolTech, Air Conditioning re... (Sep '14) Dec '14 air condition man 2
News 2nd witness: Man shot by cop had hands up Dec '14 Islamic State News 3
New Book Has New Evidence In Casey Anthony Trial Oct '14 writerkeith 1
News Three Arrested for Abusing Vulnerable Adults at... (Sep '14) Sep '14 meanpeoplebite 1
News Florida Woman Suing Casey Anthony is Arrested (Aug '12) Sep '14 Riverside 4
News Jury mulls fate of former Expressway Authority ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Manuel LaBore 1
More from around the web