Girl, 10, Attacks Teacher Who Took He...

Girl, 10, Attacks Teacher Who Took Her Halloween Candy

There are 405 comments on the NBC Connecticut story from Nov 14, 2011, titled Girl, 10, Attacks Teacher Who Took Her Halloween Candy. In it, NBC Connecticut reports that:

A Florida fifth-grader faces felony charges after attacking and threatening to kill her teacher and her family after the educator confiscated her Halloween candy, according to police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Connecticut.

First Prev
of 21
Next Last

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#453 Nov 26, 2011
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Not all loners by a long shot become surprise criminals and not all surprise criminals are loners. I once knew of a family where the oldest son became a circuit court judge and the youngest son a convicted murderer. It is not always productive to make generalizations.
I certainly hope that the mother communicates to the child that the child's behavior was over the top and that the mother doesn't blame everybody but her daughter.
I tend to agree with you both. The thing is that different children in a dysfunctional family will turn out differently. I think it goes back to the comments I made somewhere else about a marred conscience. Some will be for what was done to them, and others against it.

It could even tie in with Dr. Karen Horney's theories regarding neurosis. There are 3 main patterns of neurotic trends. Someone is either "for others," "against others," or "away from others." All the behaviors here are normal, but when a person uses only a limited set, that is a problem. When your only tool is a hammer, all problems look a bit like nails. "For others" includes things like charm and unhealthy codependency. "Against others" would be competitive and confrontational behaviors, machismo, etc. Then "away from others" would be those who are super independent, are loners, keep to themselves, etc.

One thing about the 3 patterns is that they usually hide the opposite situation. Someone who is super "nice" is often mean and vindictive. You visit a "sweet ole lady" and you may get the feeling that something isn't right, and her pets may become aggressive towards you. Those who show themselves as tough, competitive, and confrontational often have fears of being inadequate, weak, and so on. Those who are overly independent may be the most needy of the 3 and shut out situations that require skills they don't have. At least alone, they feel adequate and can be whoever they want. This ties in with what Paula said, since they may lack the skills to solicit help or react with an appropriate level of aggression at the time of whatever, so emotional injuries build up.

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#454 Nov 26, 2011
RayOne wrote:
In the old days the child would be removed for evaluation.
That is actually a more modern phenomenon. In the real old days, she would have gotten 2-3 beatings for the same incident.

Oh, and why all the forest fire prevention ads? I doubt I could start a forest fire from my computer.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#455 Nov 26, 2011
Purple Gurl wrote:
<quoted text>That is actually a more modern phenomenon. In the real old days, she would have gotten 2-3 beatings for the same incident.

Oh, and why all the forest fire prevention ads? I doubt I could start a forest fire from my computer.
I would charge the parent for the child's action, but that makes me bad.

_yernogood-

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jun 11

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#456 Nov 27, 2011
RayOne wrote:
In the old days the child would be removed for evaluation.
In the old days the child would be placed in a home and never heard from again. That’s what they should do with this animal. The kid is obviously an animals and her entire family is at fault. I would say just look at them but we ALL know what we’re dealing with here.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#457 Nov 27, 2011
Kids like this would be the pilot program for,'Train Wreck TV', it's cheaper than reality, using police record and a minimum of interviews given by neighbors, teachers & victims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orange County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What I saw: Over and over, men take bait in Orl... (Sep '09) Jun 13 Cavalier 30
News Apopka mom, daughter may have suffered similar ... May '16 the circus is in ... 1
Haleigh--Missing 5 yr old. (Feb '09) Mar '16 longhaul 6,650
News Woman found dead, police suspect murder (Jan '10) Jan '16 Dennis Hart 4
News Orange County repeals benefits for unmarried ga... (Oct '15) Oct '15 RalphB 8
News Black leaders want police chief to resign (Jun '06) Sep '15 weikle133 6
News Three Arrested for Abusing Vulnerable Adults at... (Sep '14) Apr '15 Cyrus 2
More from around the web