My Word: Amy Platon: Home-schoolers, don't quit system

May 25, 2009 Read more: Orlando Sentinel 442
Budget cuts seem to be pushing more Orange County parents toward home schooling. Read more
First Prev
of 23
Next Last
Debra

Charlotte, NC

#445 Feb 18, 2012
So very sad that someone speaks from such ignorance and lack of knowledge about the homeschooling world. If you did a bit of research you would easily find what wonderful children come from learning at home with their families that then grow up to become responsible adults and active members of our society. Ignorance is blind and articles like this just reaffirm our stand and belief in what we do for our children. You may not want to be stuck spending all day with your child, and happy to send him off for the government to raise, but others desire even better for our children. Yes, we love spending the day with our kids, sharing their love of learning with them, watching them grow, knowing what influences them and being a part of encouraging a love of life, earth, and community. It's very easy to post negative and find fault, especially with no knowledge of what you speak. I hope that future references to anything from you might include some actual facts and knowledge. You might be surprised to find out that over 2 million homes are doing amazing things for their kids, through love, patience and wanting to be with them. My prayer for you is knowledge one day and more compassion for those who enjoy the freedom to make choices.

Since: Apr 08

Butler, New Jersey

#446 Feb 18, 2012
Debra wrote:
So very sad that someone speaks from such ignorance and lack of knowledge about the homeschooling world. If you did a bit of research you would easily find what wonderful children come from learning at home with their families that then grow up to become responsible adults and active members of our society. Ignorance is blind and articles like this just reaffirm our stand and belief in what we do for our children. You may not want to be stuck spending all day with your child, and happy to send him off for the government to raise, but others desire even better for our children. Yes, we love spending the day with our kids, sharing their love of learning with them, watching them grow, knowing what influences them and being a part of encouraging a love of life, earth, and community. It's very easy to post negative and find fault, especially with no knowledge of what you speak. I hope that future references to anything from you might include some actual facts and knowledge. You might be surprised to find out that over 2 million homes are doing amazing things for their kids, through love, patience and wanting to be with them. My prayer for you is knowledge one day and more compassion for those who enjoy the freedom to make choices.
Perhaps you could let us know what you are responding to. The article is no longer linked, so what are you responding to? Most people respond to the Article itself, or one of the comments under the article. What part of that do you not get?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 23
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orange County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News To spare confusion, cost, move city's election ... Apr 10 _Learsi 8
News Orlando Catholic schools are growing Apr 10 _Learsi 1
News Police: Fake cop Tasered pedestrian (Jan '12) Apr 6 Waffle_Eris 9
News 'Oh well,' mom says from jail, as her friend wo... (Jul '08) Mar 21 Truluck 6,664
News Cops: Two arrested for putting boy in dress as ... Dec '14 barbj 1
Les Mitchell, and CoolTech, Air Conditioning re... (Sep '14) Dec '14 air condition man 2
News 2nd witness: Man shot by cop had hands up Dec '14 Islamic State News 3
More from around the web