Bithlo's dirty water fix

Jan 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MyFoxOrlando

BITHLO, Fla. - Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs vowed to help Bithlo residents find out why their water is so dirty and possibly contaminated with dangerous chemicals.

Comments
1 - 20 of 38 Comments Last updated Jun 13, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cory Goodman

Oviedo, FL

#1 Jan 12, 2012
Why does the media pass judgement before the first test results are in?The water is fine and has been. If not it can be resolved without bringing city water to our rural community.Hope the hand wringers figure out that the sky is not falling.
Concerned

Orlando, FL

#2 Jan 12, 2012
Cory Goodman wrote:
Why does the media pass judgement before the first test results are in?The water is fine and has been. If not it can be resolved without bringing city water to our rural community.Hope the hand wringers figure out that the sky is not falling.
I agree with you. Every time you hear about Bithlo, it is always negative. The media makes it sound like we live in a third world country. We as a community need to come together to prove them wrong. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Bithlo Resident

Palm Bay, FL

#3 Jan 12, 2012
And I see the person with the first post is from Oviedo; did you incorporate with Bithlo?
Cory Goodman

Oviedo, FL

#4 Jan 12, 2012
Nah, it's a computer science thing.You'll figure it out one day.
raised in Bithlo

Orlando, FL

#5 Jan 24, 2012
there is nothing wrong with the water i have been drinking it for years. i have NOT gotten sick once or died from it. the Gov't is just trying to make more money off of us. an yes we are treated like a third world country but we are far from it. people say we are nothing but toothless unechcated rednecks well ya know what if you really do think we are that way then WHY? WHY did you take away our G.E.D classes our public traspatation Hmmm..?
you think by doing this no one is going to know that we are here? no.
lol

Orlando, FL

#6 Jan 24, 2012
raised in Bithlo wrote:
there is nothing wrong with the water i have been drinking it for years. i have NOT gotten sick once or died from it. the Gov't is just trying to make more money off of us. an yes we are treated like a third world country but we are far from it. people say we are nothing but toothless unechcated rednecks well ya know what if you really do think we are that way then WHY? WHY did you take away our G.E.D classes our public traspatation Hmmm..?
you think by doing this no one is going to know that we are here? no.
Way to prove them correct!
sonny

Oviedo, FL

#7 Jan 30, 2012
Welcome to Bithlo. Not nice enough for ya? GET OUT!We don't live in a dream stae nor believe Bithlo is a nightmare. It's the outsiders and Timmy come lately's that are the nightmare. Need Proof? Check out the 500 acres Cory Goodman had opened for us. It's a dream come true! Thanks Cory!KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!
GRANDMOM

Orlando, FL

#8 Feb 16, 2012
I think we should test the wells and see if there is a problem . I as well am scared that my well could be shut down and I would be forced to pay for water , but the state should pay for clean up and our water to. It is not cheap to put in a well and maintain it. TO BE HEALTHY is vey important. So many folks scared thats why bottled water is in big demand up here. I would be happy to join a group that would tackle many issues in Bithlo , we have many to deal with Bithlo is out of hand and the good people that love it shold stand up for a safer community for us all
poz

Orlando, FL

#9 Feb 16, 2012
The wells are being tested in the area and if you were missed then call the health dept. The company who caused the problems is working on clean up at the gas station and since they are responsible, they are paying for it themselves. The state shouldn't pay when the guilty party should. There is a law firm working on a lawsuit againist the guilty party about the spread of contamination in that area. What issues are you referring to?
Cory Goodman

Oviedo, FL

#10 Apr 7, 2012
The issue is you suppoting non-residents and not supporting the people Bithlo elected to speak for us. Face it. Tom King has been overthrown by by Cory Goodman. WE ARE WINNING, BRENDA!
That Titusville Guy

Orlando, FL

#11 Apr 13, 2012
Central Florida - Beauty, wildlife reservations, and people on meth who post to Topix forums.
The Answer

Orlando, FL

#13 Apr 15, 2012
decent white woman wrote:
From reading some of these posts,i do believe something is wrong with the water in Bithlo. Your grammer is horrible and you can't spell either. I've been through Bithlo and the only it looks decent is from a speeding car. All the junk yards there have polluted the soil and hence the water supply. However the rednecks there can still drink it as Orlando as a whole really does not care. No one lives out there except for toothless trolls anyway. I say ban the trailers and the whole problem will disappear. I never saw so many filthy people in one area in my life. I'm so glad our beautiful theme parks and money are on the other side of Oralndo.
I find it interesting that you say their grammar and spelling is horrible when yours is about as bad as I have seen in quite some time. I mean, come on, you spelled grammar as grammer and then you complain that the residents can not spell. Really?
hagatha may

Orlando, FL

#14 Apr 15, 2012
The Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting that you say their grammar and spelling is horrible when yours is about as bad as I have seen in quite some time. I mean, come on, you spelled grammar as grammer and then you complain that the residents can not spell. Really?
Both spellings are acceptable. However my spelling has nothing to do with the misfits in Bithlo. Ta Ta for now Lady of Quality
The Answer

Orlando, FL

#15 Apr 16, 2012
hagatha may wrote:
<quoted text>Both spellings are acceptable. However my spelling has nothing to do with the misfits in Bithlo. Ta Ta for now Lady of Quality
Acceptable to who? If grammer is acceptable, then everything else misspelled is acceptable, so long as you can understand its meaning. Which means you complain about something that is acceptable. Oxymoron much?
Cory Goodman

Orlando, FL

#16 Apr 16, 2012
I just hope these self righteous losers continue to believe that Bithlo is only junk yards and racetracks.If they ever found out we have the largest single piece of property owned by one family in Orange County and don't want to develop it, they would invade us worse that Sherman did to Atlanta!
Hopefully, they don't stray off of Hwy. 50 and discover the real Bithlo.
Goldie Oldie

Orlando, FL

#17 Apr 16, 2012
The Answer wrote:
<quoted text>
Acceptable to who? If grammer is acceptable, then everything else misspelled is acceptable, so long as you can understand its meaning. Which means you complain about something that is acceptable. Oxymoron much?
you are missing her whole point you moron. Bithlo is a disease infested,redneck infested dump. Hows that for spelling. Didn't know this was a spelling bee and you,you old fart were grading papers.
Lil Oral Annie

Orlando, FL

#18 Apr 19, 2012
I remember laughing about the rednecks in Bithlo years ago in school. Maybe the water is to blame, or maybe it's the inbreeding there. When i drive through there on my way to 520 it about makes me ill to see the dirty and poverty stricken area. This is America, why is this allowed to exist right next to Orlando? The city should buy the area, bulldoze it and make it a nature preserve and relocate the hillbillies to Georgia or Alabama.
Yhe Answer

Orlando, FL

#19 Apr 20, 2012
I'm no fan of Bithlow and i think it's time we be honnest and let it all out. Bithlow has always been a eyesore and a drain on Orlando. I konw a lot will disagree with me but i kown what im talking about.The tax base there is low so Orlando dont get much for what they use,
Cory Goodman

Orlando, FL

#20 Apr 21, 2012
Lil Oral Annie wrote:
I remember laughing about the rednecks in Bithlo years ago in school. Maybe the water is to blame, or maybe it's the inbreeding there. When i drive through there on my way to 520 it about makes me ill to see the dirty and poverty stricken area. This is America, why is this allowed to exist right next to Orlando? The city should buy the area, bulldoze it and make it a nature preserve and relocate the hillbillies to Georgia or Alabama.
Bithlo still laughs at you people living like caged rats in your gated communities, while we can look out the window and not see another house for miles. Like I said, don't stray off Hwy.50 if you don't want your reality twisted out of shape.
City Slicker

Oviedo, FL

#21 Apr 21, 2012
Cory Goodman wrote:
<quoted text>Bithlo still laughs at you people living like caged rats in your gated communities, while we can look out the window and not see another house for miles. Like I said, don't stray off Hwy.50 if you don't want your reality twisted out of shape.
You can't see another house for miles only because you all live in rat infested trailers. So you look out your windows and see other trailers. What is your point? One good tornado would clean Bithlo right up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orange County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jury mulls fate of former Expressway Authority ... 9 hr Manuel LaBore 1
where are all the oranges in this county Jun '14 dr boing 2
the bbb is unfair and their grading system is a... (Jan '09) May '14 berry 12
Carmen George Paris - Wedding Photographer Mar '14 Carmen george Paris 3
Carmen George Paris, the best computer repair e... Mar '14 Md Bazlur ahman 2
Carmen Goerge Paris Known as Internet Marketer,... Mar '14 carmengparis 1
Haleigh--Missing 5 yr old. (Feb '09) Feb '14 seasidecece 6,649
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••