Teen arrested for bringing pellet pis...

Teen arrested for bringing pellet pistol onto school grounds

There are 20 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Nov 4, 2009, titled Teen arrested for bringing pellet pistol onto school grounds. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

In Ontario County, deputies have arrested a 17-year-old for bringing a pellet pistol onto school grounds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

The Truth

Rochester, NY

#1 Nov 4, 2009
Wow more pointless "news" stories from Channel 10. Tomorrow they'll do a story about some 10 year old in Pittsford who stole a candy bar from the cafeteria.

Why don't you guys do a story about the number of REAL guns inside East, Franklin, Marshall, etc.?
BB Lady

Rochester, NY

#4 Nov 4, 2009
The Truth wrote:
Wow more pointless "news" stories from Channel 10. Tomorrow they'll do a story about some 10 year old in Pittsford who stole a candy bar from the cafeteria.
Why don't you guys do a story about the number of REAL guns inside East, Franklin, Marshall, etc.?
we all agree with you
what a loser

Rochester, NY

#5 Nov 4, 2009
The Truth wrote:
Agreed!!!
Jim H from Honeoye

Rochester, NY

#7 Nov 4, 2009
Hey, if you idiots don't like the news on channel 10, change the freakin' station.
Maybe it is not important to you, but those of us who live out here choose to so we don't have to put up with the b.s. of your fine city schools.
I have two daughters that go to that school, so IT IS important info to me, since our district was so hush hush about it.
CityRes

Rochester, NY

#8 Nov 4, 2009
Burbs.
cjk

Henrietta, NY

#9 Nov 4, 2009
BB Lady wrote:
<quoted text>we all agree with you
Who is "we" I speak for myself and I do not find this story to be unnewsworthy. Pellet pistols can be dangerous and they should be treated like any other weapon when brought to school. From now on, Please refrain from speaking for me.
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#10 Nov 4, 2009
cjk wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is "we" I speak for myself and I do not find this story to be unnewsworthy. Pellet pistols can be dangerous and they should be treated like any other weapon when brought to school. From now on, Please refrain from speaking for me.
What they mean to say is that it is okay simply b/c they child was cacaucian. SO focus on the blacks and do not air out cacasian dirty laundry. Only the blacks do things like this, we don't want the inner city thugs to know that we do it too.
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#11 Nov 4, 2009
The instead of they.
The Truth

Rochester, NY

#12 Nov 4, 2009
Dewey wrote:
<quoted text>What they mean to say is that it is okay simply b/c they child was cacaucian. SO focus on the blacks and do not air out cacasian dirty laundry. Only the blacks do things like this, we don't want the inner city thugs to know that we do it too.
I think it's cute how you think a kid in Honeoye Falls with a BB gun is comparable to dangerous gang members with real guns at East, Franklin, or Marshall. This kid likely spends his free time shooting at squirrels and empty Pepsi cans while your inner city buddies shoot each other.....And the story says nothing about his race. There are black kids in Honeoye Falls too, so he might be black for all we know. Regardless, a BB gun and a real gun are very different.
AmMom

Brockport, NY

#13 Nov 5, 2009
Honeoye is not the same town as Honeoye Falls...
CityRes

Rochester, NY

#14 Nov 5, 2009
AmMom wrote:
Honeoye is not the same town as Honeoye Falls...
NO they are not, but they are both in the BURBS.
customer

Rochester, NY

#15 Nov 5, 2009
CityRes wrote:
<quoted text>
NO they are not, but they are both in the BURBS.
Is there no "country" to you? is everything that doesnt happen in DT rochester the burbs?
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#16 Nov 5, 2009
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's cute how you think a kid in Honeoye Falls with a BB gun is comparable to dangerous gang members with real guns at East, Franklin, or Marshall. This kid likely spends his free time shooting at squirrels and empty Pepsi cans while your inner city buddies shoot each other.....And the story says nothing about his race. There are black kids in Honeoye Falls too, so he might be black for all we know. Regardless, a BB gun and a real gun are very different.
If he is black, you'd definetly have a feild day with it and would surely change your tone about the whole situation.
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#17 Nov 5, 2009
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's cut ehow you down play anything that a white person does and when someone black does it, you say that all blacks have commited the same crime. That is you mentality. I have told you before, that I fully understand and do not hold it against you that you rebuke "us". There are many many more such as yourself. I have learned to grow a thick skin in order to post here daily. I get it. Whites can do no wrong according to you. A BB gun in class isn't a big deal unless the kid is black. I get that.
SeekingBalance

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Nov 5, 2009
Arrested for a Pelet gun? Don't get it twisted, Its good they took action to relive this kid of this weapon. It has no place in school, but its kinda like bringing in a sling shot. I mean...its a pelet gun. There is no law stating you can't own a pelet gun. You can't use it on anther human being. Thats assult, but there is no special license that I'm aware of because, well its a pelet gun.
Resident

Palmyra, NY

#20 Nov 5, 2009
customer wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there no "country" to you? is everything that doesnt happen in DT rochester the burbs?
So it seems. Rather irritating honestly.
SeekingBalance

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Nov 5, 2009
cjk wrote:
<quoted text>
I speak for cjk when I say "I'm a big poop-face person" lol
customer

Rochester, NY

#22 Nov 5, 2009
Dewey wrote:
<quoted text> A BB gun in class isn't a big deal unless the kid is black. I get that.
When has anyone made a big deal about a black kid bringing a BB gun to a class?

ohh that's right.... never
SeekingBalance

Los Angeles, CA

#23 Nov 5, 2009
Anyone think that it was the Pelet Gun that brought the kid to Class?! Oh no. I just hit a nerve!(teehee)
Mush Sharoom Rivera

United States

#24 Feb 2, 2010
what no picture ??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rochester judge Leticia Astacio denied bail, or... Oct '17 Bruce popper 11
Is there a quid pro quo between Kimberly Ray's ... (Apr '17) Sep '17 Thomas Hurtle 3
News Judge sentenced to 60 days jail, 3 years probation (Jul '17) Jul '17 IescapedNY 11
News This weekend, Jason Lang lost his battle with d... (Jun '17) Jun '17 china white 1
News Off-again, on-again lawyer can't get N.Y. judge... (Jun '17) Jun '17 IescapedNY 3
Rate Your Probation Officer (Dec '16) Dec '16 Probation Watch 1
News Police: Clifton Springs man made sex tape with ... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Tommy too tone 1
More from around the web