Ontario County flu death concerns

Ontario County flu death concerns

There are 11 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Nov 11, 2009, titled Ontario County flu death concerns. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

Health officials are telling people not to panic after word of two more deaths in our area because of swine flu.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

My 2 Sense

Rochester, NY

#1 Nov 11, 2009
The 2 people who died were considered very high risk, They were 2 adult female's. There is no reason that this information couldn't be shared with the public.
BlitchPiease

Spencerport, NY

#2 Nov 11, 2009
"They said it's important that people remember there are deaths every year from seasonal flu and H1N1 is no different in that respect."

Best paragraph I've read about H1N1 so far.
kklug

Hilton, NY

#3 Nov 12, 2009
I am curios to know if those two people were vaccinated against the seasonal flu?
since you are more than twice as likely too contract h1n1 after getting vaccinated!(say's a study done on 12,000,000 canadians)so run right down and get some known poison injected or vaporized in you.
kklug

Hilton, NY

#4 Nov 12, 2009
The deaths from this years flu as of today's date are LESS than last years flu on todays date!this is fact people!stop accepting these lies!
josie

Spencerport, NY

#5 Nov 12, 2009
Still the glaring picture of the ugly syringe&bottle...why WHEC why? why not a sickish faced smiley with a themometer in it's mouth and a forehead "cool compression thingy"? Lighten up
Irondequoit Resident

Rochester, NY

#6 Nov 12, 2009
Another Don't Panic WTFREAK Keep it out of the News Then Frankley I'm sick of seeing it I really am!!! 13Wham has Holly down at the Hospital in Ontario County Do you Really need to go there???? People are dying everyday of different illnesses I just don't get it i really don't
joec

Victor, NY

#7 Nov 12, 2009
I like how the officials say "don't panic" when the media reports that there have been deaths in the area due to the flu, but do not offer any details. This is one of the problems of the hippa laws, you are not allowed to give details that could help people to not "panic"
ciny

Dansville, NY

#8 Nov 12, 2009
My 2 Sense wrote:
The 2 people who died were considered very high risk, They were 2 adult female's. There is no reason that this information couldn't be shared with the public.
Why were they high risk and why are they saying that the people who died had no underlying health problems? If they were high risk then you are correct, that information should be shared!
Actually

Rochester, NY

#9 Nov 12, 2009
kklug wrote:
I am curios to know if those two people were vaccinated against the seasonal flu?
since you are more than twice as likely too contract h1n1 after getting vaccinated!(say's a study done on 12,000,000 canadians)so run right down and get some known poison injected or vaporized in you.
I think that study included more like 2,000 subjects (not 12,000,000). Can you post a link? As far as I've seen, that study is not published and is being investigated. It may be valid, although it's not been replicated in any other country. Also, the same study says those who were given the seasonal flu shot, and then had h1n1, have a less severe form of it than others who had no vaccinations. So maybe it's not so bad.
No vaccination for me

Spencerport, NY

#10 Nov 12, 2009
Not for me.

As a kid EVERY needle that was supposed to give me a better "resistance", gave me a vile illness.

Mumps, croup, measles 3 kinds, pox.

No thanks. I understand when there were bad bad HIGH mortality rates the needle was a good thing.

MY skin is the first layer of defense against microbes.
kklug

Hilton, NY

#11 Nov 12, 2009
Actually wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that study included more like 2,000 subjects (not 12,000,000). Can you post a link? As far as I've seen, that study is not published and is being investigated. It may be valid, although it's not been replicated in any other country. Also, the same study says those who were given the seasonal flu shot, and then had h1n1, have a less severe form of it than others who had no vaccinations. So maybe it's not so bad.
www.mercola.com last weeks newsletter from several sources.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ontario County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Body found at Darien Lake Theme Park (Sep '09) Sat Dontcryaboutitfixit 38
News 3-Year-Old In Jet Ski Accident on Canandaigua L... (Aug '12) Mar '16 Pam 3
News ROC Man Accused of Scamming Mentally-Challenged... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Lollygagger 1
News Storm impact felt across area (Jun '15) Jun '15 Scottie Hecksco 2
News Rochester man arrested in jail (Jan '15) Jan '15 WMLK 2
News Manchester man charged with rape (Nov '14) Nov '14 lolz 1
News Three arrested after farm stand burglarized (Sep '14) Sep '14 kindhearted 1
More from around the web