Possible education cuts spur fear

Possible education cuts spur fear

There are 2 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Jan 14, 2008, titled Possible education cuts spur fear. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

“Losing any amount of money would be very problematic”

The Kentucky Education Department proposes to cut $46 million for teacher development, textbooks and after-school programs if Gov. via The Courier-Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Born and raised

Lexington, KY

#1 Jan 15, 2008
Education is the key to dragging Kentucky out of the dark ages. Do you really think we would have a creationist museum in Kentucky if we had a more educated populace?
Shan

Huntersville, NC

#2 Jul 29, 2008
This comment disappoints me! I've been looking at this county for a potential move to the Louisville area. Is this a common attitude in the county or is this from one unenlightened individual? I would much prefer to bring my family into a place with predominantly Christian values and beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oldham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened freak accident Nov 17 Nunya 2
Oldham County Music Thread (Jun '14) Nov '16 Musikologist 5
New County Jail is a "White Elephant" being pus... (Aug '12) Sep '16 Love Oldham Co TV 6
News Woman abducted from parking lot, forced to with... (Mar '16) Jul '16 Naked Woman 6
News Rawlings Group sued over OT (Oct '08) Jul '16 Naked People 37
News Bicyclist left with souvenir after becoming hit... Jun '16 ThomasA 4
Centerfield Music Thread Jun '16 Musikologist 1
More from around the web