Fendley has - excellent record,' - ou...

Fendley has - excellent record,' - outstanding reputation'

There are 10 comments on the Oldham Era story from Apr 30, 2010, titled Fendley has - excellent record,' - outstanding reputation'. In it, Oldham Era reports that:

This letter is written to strongly urge the re-election of John Fendley as Oldham County Attorney.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oldham Era.

Peter gallon

United States

#1 May 12, 2010
Oldham county politics is reckless and in need of change. Mr. Fendley is a guilty until proven innocent county attorney, that's how he can claim such success in the child support arena, he issues warrants without proper investigation or just cause, his actual successful prosecutions versus the rate of arrest are very unbalanced, time for a change and eleviate this good ol' boy run government.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 May 12, 2010
John Fendley has strut around touting his tenure and lineage which is utterly meaningless when YOU become the ONE, the one victim of a vicious crime expecting prosecution and protection by the laws of this land. My personal experience was a NIGHTMARE with John Fendley's indifference or total inability to articulate a complex crime resulting in repeat victimization. His unprofessional conduct so egregious the Attorney General for the State of Kentucky apologized in writing when he would not.
This man holds NO accountability because his position is elected and that is what May 18th is all about.
Tell people ALL the people of OC that there is an alternative to arrogant entitled thinking.
Galen Clark will redefine EXCELLENT reputation.
John Cinnamond

Buckner, KY

#3 May 13, 2010
John Fendley needs to be replaced by a competent attorney, who has broad, proven experience. Fendley is a RINO, whose career as a professional politician, has been seeking political advantage for his own personal gain and greedy interests,his last election is a classic example, leaving his DEMOCRAT party, and registering as a Republican. Fendley, because of his dubious decisions, coupled with poor judgement, has caused unwarranted lawsuits against the county, in federal and state courts. He has been entrenched in his comfortable niche too long at taxpayer's expense. It is time for a change. He faces a well qualified and worthy opponent, who happens to be a real Republican, Galen Clark, on May 18th.
John Cinnamond

Buckner, KY

#4 May 13, 2010
Peter gallon wrote:
Oldham county politics is reckless and in need of change. Mr. Fendley is a guilty until proven innocent county attorney, that's how he can claim such success in the child support arena, he issues warrants without proper investigation or just cause, his actual successful prosecutions versus the rate of arrest are very unbalanced, time for a change and eleviate this good ol' boy run government.
EXCELLENT PROFILING,of a Good Ol' Boy professional politician.
John Cinnamond

Buckner, KY

#5 May 13, 2010
GeezLOUeeze wrote:
John Fendley has strut around touting his tenure and lineage which is utterly meaningless when YOU become the ONE, the one victim of a vicious crime expecting prosecution and protection by the laws of this land. My personal experience was a NIGHTMARE with John Fendley's indifference or total inability to articulate a complex crime resulting in repeat victimization. His unprofessional conduct so egregious the Attorney General for the State of Kentucky apologized in writing when he would not.
This man holds NO accountability because his position is elected and that is what May 18th is all about.
Tell people ALL the people of OC that there is an alternative to arrogant entitled thinking.
Galen Clark will redefine EXCELLENT reputation.
Galen Clark has excellent qualifications, and broad, proven experience in the Kentucky and Indiana Courts, and the Federal Courts. He is a true Republican, not a political opportunist, or RINO such as Fendley. Clark's broad experience and competence should prevent unnecessary costs to the county from lawsuits. The taxpayers now have a clear choice to purge this GOOD OLD BOY FENDLEY from his position as a career/professional politician, and elect someone with impeccable credentials and experience, someone who will listen and honestly perform his elected duties.
Worried in Westport

Louisville, KY

#6 May 13, 2010
Galen Clark worries me. He wants to fund school programs with child support monies. That is illegal. If he were to be elected only to break a state child support contract by misappropriating funds, Oldham County would be embarrassed statewide in the news. Mr. Clark also has no prosecutorial or criminal law experience, and he seems dishonest Ė a trait that prosecutors should not exhibit. He has stated that Oldham Govt and the county attorney are facing lawsuits when they're not. I think itís also important that he canít manage his own money as evidenced by his being sued twice in the last two years. Galen Clark might be a decent little league coach, but heís clearly not qualified to be county attorney.
Better with Age

Louisville, KY

#7 May 13, 2010
Mr. Cinnamond,

What planet are you from? Iím not aware of the Republican or Democratic way to prosecute DUIís or enforce child support orders. Regardless, I suspect Fendley could run as a libertarian, independent, green party, communist, etcÖ and still win. You see, Oldham Countianís arenít going to throw one of Kentuky's best DUI and child support prosecutors out of office. At the rate Fendley's going, he'll be county attorney when he's 80. Like a fine wine, he just gets better with age.
Civics Lesson

Louisville, KY

#8 May 13, 2010
Peter gallon wrote:
Oldham county politics is reckless and in need of change. Mr. Fendley is a guilty until proven innocent county attorney, that's how he can claim such success in the child support arena, he issues warrants without proper investigation or just cause, his actual successful prosecutions versus the rate of arrest are very unbalanced, time for a change and eleviate this good ol' boy run government.
Peter, you need to retake high school civics. Prosecutors don't issue warrants ... judges do. You might also want to check your stats again. Fendley has one of the highest DUI conviction rates in Kentucky.
http://highwaysafety.ky.gov/trafficrecords.ht...

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#9 May 16, 2010
www.GalenClark.org
Intelligent Votes in Oldham County dismiss propaganda and delrium for facts & true testimonies of real life experiences that require evaluation when casting a Vote of confidence for the next County Attorney.
Negative campaigning generates more research which I say thank you. Galen Clark's "lawsuit" was dismissed and should never have happened! Go to the facts.
Just the Facts

Louisville, KY

#10 May 16, 2010
GeezLOUeeze wrote:
www.GalenClark.org
Intelligent Votes in Oldham County dismiss propaganda and delrium for facts & true testimonies of real life experiences that require evaluation when casting a Vote of confidence for the next County Attorney.
Negative campaigning generates more research which I say thank you. Galen Clark's "lawsuit" was dismissed and should never have happened! Go to the facts.
Galen Clark wasn't sued once - he was sued twice. And the second suit wasn't dismissed. If you want facts, go to the courthouse. If you want lies go to galenclark.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oldham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new family court judge goodwin Jul 3 curious25 1
Oldham County Music Thread (Jun '14) Jun 24 Musikologist 6
New County Jail is a "White Elephant" being pus... (Aug '12) Jun '17 OldhamCountyIsJai... 9
News Unemployment rates up in 83 Kentucky counties i... Jun '17 Guy from Latonia 1
News Police investigating shooting in Oldham County (Jun '09) May '17 aab 10
Centerfield Music Thread (Jun '16) May '17 Musikologist 2
News Inmate dies hours after prison hostage situation (Dec '16) Jan '17 Friend 9
More from around the web