Pensacola Beach Now Off Limits

Pensacola Beach Now Off Limits

There are 19 comments on the The Ledger story from Jun 25, 2010, titled Pensacola Beach Now Off Limits. In it, The Ledger reports that:

Published: Friday, June 25, 2010 at 5:30 a.m. Last Modified: Friday, June 25, 2010 at 12:55 a.m. PENSACOLA BEACH A Florida beach was closed to visitors for the first time because of the Gulf oil spill Thursday as workers tried to remove pools of black sludge from Pensacola Beach's once-white sands.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Ledger.

Beach Patrol

United States

#1 Jun 25, 2010
Bye Bye Gulf of Mexico.
Bye bye shrimpies.
Bye bye turtles.
Bye bye crabs.
Byebye fishies.
Byebye pelicans.
Bye bye dolphins.
Bye bye fishermen.
Bye bye oilworkers.
Bye bye charter boats.
Bye bye wetlands.
Bye bye tourism.
Bye bye Obama.

Twas nice to see ya.
Wouldn't want to be ya.
Sargeant Dread

Greenville, TX

#3 Jun 25, 2010
If you see a post from RALEIGH NC such as the idiot above, understand that it comes from a certifiable nut case that has nothing better to do than post on Topix.Sad case.
Beach Patrol

Wake Forest, NC

#4 Jun 25, 2010
Sargeant Dread wrote:
If you see a post from RALEIGH NC such as the idiot above, understand that it comes from a certifiable nut case that has nothing better to do than post on Topix.Sad case.
Bad day Sarge. Catch your wife screwing another Mexican down there in Texas?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA
Florida

Miami, FL

#5 Jun 26, 2010
I think God hates the hypocrite bible thumping areas of Florida and has unleashed oil upon them .
President B O

Longwood, FL

#6 Jun 26, 2010
http://www.foxnews.com/

The Ixtoc Spill 30 Years Later

Amidst the thick mangroves, under the turquoise tranquil waters and along the shoreline of Mexico's Yucatan peninsula, the world's worst peacetime oil spill once hit here and more than 30 years later, there are still a few signs of Ixtoc.

The massive spill in June of 1979 bares striking similarity to the BP Horizon Spill still gushing into the Gulf as a blowout preventer malfunctioned failing to stop the flow of oil that would eventually dump nearly 3 and a half million barrels into the Bay of Campeche. The oil wouldn't just blanket the coastline here in Mexico, but eventually it would cover more than 160 miles of Texas beaches.

"It was a fairly similar to the one today as we understand. It too was a blowout preventor that malfunctioned 50 miles north of the Mexican coast in the city of Ciudad Carmen in about 170 ft of water. Ixtoc blew from the 3rd of June 1979, to the 23rd of March 1980, almost 10 months. It was 140 million gallons in total the largest peacetime spill that has ever been recorded in history," says Dr. Wes Tunnell a marine biologist at Texas A&M Corpus Christi.

Dr. Tunnell was a new professor on the Texas coast at the time and has studied the aftermath over the coarse of the last 30 years. "I feel that learning from the past that we know the sandy beaches will recover from 2 to 3 years, or maybe a little longer. The ones that I’m worried about are the salt marshes of the Mississippi Delta, particularly the eastern side, where the oil is starting to come in now. Those salt marshes are a ten on a scale on a 1 to 10, they will be the most damaged and the toughest to clean up."

If the aftermath from Ixtoc is any indication, the environment and its recovery process will surprise many worried about the future. Marine biologists feared the Gulf would be ruined from the oil, but much of it repaired itself within two or three years. Even with the positive signs, the surprise and the good news of Mother Nature's strength, there are still signs.

By car it took us more than two hours on one-lane roads to reach Isla Arena off the coast of Mexico's Yucatan. Another hour on a small open boat and we reached pristine coastline, thick with mangroves and little signs of the outside world. Our fisherman has known these waters since he was a child and says that the shellfish here still taste like oil and the once prominent oysters in these waters are still hard to find and have yet to recover from the onslaught of oil.

I am also told that when the tide goes out, you can see tar balls glisten in the powerful afternoon sun. Locals in this remote area of the world still recall the days when their beached went black and marine life seemed to disappear. They also worry that if the current spill isn't capped by fall, the natural current change will wash oil onto these shores once again.
Beach Patrol

Wake Forest, NC

#7 Jun 26, 2010
President B O wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/
The Ixtoc Spill 30 Years Later
Amidst the thick mangroves, under the turquoise tranquil waters and along the shoreline of Mexico's Yucatan peninsula, the world's worst peacetime oil spill once hit here and more than 30 years later, there are still a few signs of Ixtoc.
The massive spill in June of 1979 bares striking similarity to the BP Horizon Spill still gushing into the Gulf as a blowout preventer malfunctioned failing to stop the flow of oil that would eventually dump nearly 3 and a half million barrels into the Bay of Campeche. The oil wouldn't just blanket the coastline here in Mexico, but eventually it would cover more than 160 miles of Texas beaches.
"It was a fairly similar to the one today as we understand. It too was a blowout preventor that malfunctioned 50 miles north of the Mexican coast in the city of Ciudad Carmen in about 170 ft of water. Ixtoc blew from the 3rd of June 1979, to the 23rd of March 1980, almost 10 months. It was 140 million gallons in total the largest peacetime spill that has ever been recorded in history," says Dr. Wes Tunnell a marine biologist at Texas A&M Corpus Christi.
Dr. Tunnell was a new professor on the Texas coast at the time and has studied the aftermath over the coarse of the last 30 years. "I feel that learning from the past that we know the sandy beaches will recover from 2 to 3 years, or maybe a little longer. The ones that I’m worried about are the salt marshes of the Mississippi Delta, particularly the eastern side, where the oil is starting to come in now. Those salt marshes are a ten on a scale on a 1 to 10, they will be the most damaged and the toughest to clean up."
If the aftermath from Ixtoc is any indication, the environment and its recovery process will surprise many worried about the future. Marine biologists feared the Gulf would be ruined from the oil, but much of it repaired itself within two or three years. Even with the positive signs, the surprise and the good news of Mother Nature's strength, there are still signs.
By car it took us more than two hours on one-lane roads to reach Isla Arena off the coast of Mexico's Yucatan. Another hour on a small open boat and we reached pristine coastline, thick with mangroves and little signs of the outside world. Our fisherman has known these waters since he was a child and says that the shellfish here still taste like oil and the once prominent oysters in these waters are still hard to find and have yet to recover from the onslaught of oil.
I am also told that when the tide goes out, you can see tar balls glisten in the powerful afternoon sun. Locals in this remote area of the world still recall the days when their beached went black and marine life seemed to disappear. They also worry that if the current spill isn't capped by fall, the natural current change will wash oil onto these shores once again.
The shoreline is stained just like the White er I mean Mulatto House. Ironic huh?
Beth

Miami, FL

#10 Jun 26, 2010
By the end of summer much of Pensacola will be oil soaked and imagine will never recover.

I never liked those bible thumping Conservatives to begin with and looks like God doesn't either.
ICE Man

Wake Forest, NC

#11 Jun 26, 2010
Beth wrote:
By the end of summer much of Pensacola will be oil soaked and imagine will never recover.
I never liked those bible thumping Conservatives to begin with and looks like God doesn't either.
So you must be one of those spickhumping bitches? How many shitskin welfare kids do you have?
Beth

Miami, FL

#12 Jun 26, 2010
ICE Man wrote:
<quoted text>
So you must be one of those spickhumping bitches? How many shitskin welfare kids do you have?
No that would be your mother and I am NOT hispanic . Many NON hispanics in Miami.

I do destest the hypocrite neocon bible thumpers and so does God lol.
Beth

Miami, FL

#13 Jun 26, 2010
The wrath of God is sent upon the conservative Rep stronghold of Pensacola with their assorted neocon bible spewing hypocrite politicians .
ICE Man

Wake Forest, NC

#15 Jun 26, 2010
I can't wait till the next Katrina totally destroys Miami and the Big Earthquake drops Southern California in the ocean. What a dream to have a clean America again.
Beth

Miami, FL

#16 Jun 26, 2010
ICE Man wrote:
I can't wait till the next Katrina totally destroys Miami and the Big Earthquake drops Southern California in the ocean. What a dream to have a clean America again.
lol touche nicely done .

N.Florida with its bible thumping Republican disasters and assorted tea party vermin will feel the pain of the oil which will LAST for decades . I can't stand those bible thumpers.
If they show up here we will treat those christo fascist rednecks like crap.

While other than a silly tiny hurricane here and there and rare at that will bother Miami.

I long for the day that N.C is loaded with illegals who will one day get citizenship and vote out you Christian conservative GOP slime .

Again I did enjoy your post and like General Patton would have said "A toast between a bitch and a bastard".
Real American

Wake Forest, NC

#17 Jun 26, 2010
Beth wrote:
<quoted text>
lol touche nicely done .
N.Florida with its bible thumping Republican disasters and assorted tea party vermin will feel the pain of the oil which will LAST for decades . I can't stand those bible thumpers.
If they show up here we will treat those christo fascist rednecks like crap.
While other than a silly tiny hurricane here and there and rare at that will bother Miami.
I long for the day that N.C is loaded with illegals who will one day get citizenship and vote out you Christian conservative GOP slime .
Again I did enjoy your post and like General Patton would have said "A toast between a bitch and a bastard".
How old were you when your mammy took the blacky? How many siblings do you have with a different last name?

Is that how daddy rased you SLUT?

Go out on the corner slut

How many coons in your house?
Beth

Miami, FL

#18 Jun 27, 2010
Real American wrote:
<quoted text>
How old were you when your mammy took the blacky? How many siblings do you have with a different last name?
lol your very angry and TYPICAL of the southern racist republican bible thumping ,anti woman ,anti everyone who isn't white power like yourself.

The tea party loves your type as does the republican party . It is nice that your a dieing breed but sadly not fast enough .
Beth

Miami, FL

#19 Jun 27, 2010
Real American wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW your far from a "real" American as you bible thumping Republicans offer nothing to the world but destruction and death. You offer nothing but Taliban type thinking and your a vice to the world.
Beth Humps Mexicans

Wake Forest, NC

#21 Jun 27, 2010
She not too bright.
Beth

Miami, FL

#22 Jun 27, 2010
Beth Humps Mexicans wrote:
She not too bright.
Oh my who could this be pffft.

I know you white power bible thumping inbreds aren't to bright but perhaps there are 12 Mexicans in Miami so look for them in the Carolinas .

EVERY Hispanic group you can think of in Miami with corrupt Cubans running it all but no Mexicans .
Beth Humps Anything

Wake Forest, NC

#25 Jul 2, 2010
Bethwhore, in North Carolina we have income tax not a bunch of welfare sucking shitskins and old people or Bernie Madoff trusting idiots, that are going down the oil tube and don't pay any taxes. Your welfare status is going to be fun to watch. Keep me posted whorurita. I will be watching Miami when the oil comes.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Slanted Shady

Charlotte, NC

#30 Jul 23, 2010
Beth Humps Anything wrote:
Bethwhore, in North Carolina we have income tax not a bunch of welfare sucking shitskins and old people or Bernie Madoff trusting idiots, that are going down the oil tube and don't pay any taxes. Your welfare status is going to be fun to watch. Keep me posted whorurita. I will be watching Miami when the oil comes.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Its good to know sick people like you really do exist. And you always lie about who you are and represent but we know who you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Okaloosa County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Avalon Rockawich. Loval realator/ criminal. Arr... Nov 16 Btipps 1
Okaloosa County Arrest Records and Criminal Mug... Oct '16 James 2
Wanting to relocate to Okaloosa county. Sep '16 senior 1
News UPDATED: Country music singer arrested (Apr '08) Aug '16 Melinda 61
Person of interest located in Okaloosa school t... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Concerned 2
News Okaloosa County woman embezzles over $1 million (Apr '16) Apr '16 Cityboy 1
News Three arrested after meth lab found (Apr '14) Jan '16 Ionu 5
More from around the web