UPDATED: Country music singer arrested

Apr 17, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Northwest Florida Daily News

“I'm thankful he is where he is now”

Country music singer Daron Norwood was arrested Tuesday night in Crestview for allegedly battering his wife. via Northwest Florida Daily News

Comments
21 - 40 of 49 Comments Last updated Jan 8, 2014
Crestview Eve

Crestview, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2009

If this is true , its sad that he couldnt control himself..They should have split years ago but when there are kids involved its hard to break away...I pray for both of them and their kids,, that they can get their lives straightened out..
It seems we have an epidimic of violence.You
hear of such bad stuff going on in familes all the time..Best wishes to all involved.
Sara

Clifton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Crestview Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Daron does practice what he preaches! I pray that one day he writes a tell-all book. Then maybe everyone here in Crestview won't just believe Kim's side of the story. I still believe in Daron and his program to help kids. Wake up people
Hello Sweetie....google "Daron Norwood Panhandle" he's a real role model to those kids, not to mention a uhh... 38 year old man who hits on (no pun intended) 13 year old girls.

Daron Norwood, what a keeper!
Southern Girl

Florala, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2010

Sara wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Sweetie....google "Daron Norwood Panhandle" he's a real role model to those kids, not to mention a uhh... 38 year old man who hits on (no pun intended) 13 year old girls.
Daron Norwood, what a keeper!
If he writes that book, you better buy one and pass it around, and MAYBE someone will read it, but I promise it won't make the best seller list. Remember, Ted Bundy was loved by all, BTK killer ran a church, and Glacy was a clown at kid parties. Some women think if a guy gives them a nice smile and a good line he can't possibly be a bad guy, only end up making victims of themselves. Don't be fooled by the wolf in lambs clothing.
Southern Girl

Florala, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2010

Sorry, this was meant for Crestview insider
Irene

Luzern, Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

Sorting out old stuff as I will be moving, I ran over a picture I took when our very special Mother Sheep Darone, who we named after Daron Norwood, gave birth to her first lamb. Daron was playing at our Sheepfarm in 1996 http://www.schaffarm.ch/html/montana.html - so I thought let's google him up to see if he is still around - and what kind of a sad surprise, a talented singer and artist could not handle the negative parts of it. I wish him and his family all the best and that he can straighten up his life.
close friend

Muleshoe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Apparently someone has been misinformed, Daron Norwood is not 38 years of age....Sara from Levelland. Irene, Daron is doing great and has overcome a lot of negative that stemmed from his nasty divorce in Florida. Daron is performing again and on top of his game once again. Thanks to all of those who support people when they are kicked. To those of you who like to dwell on the negative and assume things you know nothing about, I pray nothing negative ever happens in your perfect little life. Daron has NEVER "hit" on a 13 year old girl, so whoever Sara from Levelland is....you are totally making invalid accusations. People can be prosecuted for false slander. Daron is not perfect, he is human just like the rest of us but he has a heart of gold. May God bless you and teach you not to attach yourself to the negatives of this world because it can attack you and swallow you up.
close friend

Muleshoe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Judged:

Kevin689 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, why would an ex drug addict, do such a thing. I'm sure his wife, the teacher, is a liar.
His ex wife "the teacher" is a liar. Yes please people get your facts straight. Has anyone in the Crestview area figured out that Daron and Kim's youngest daughter was not even Daron's. It amazes me that this "slam Daron" page originates from the town that his ex wife and her new husband were living not to long ago. Let's not judge until ALL the facts are out in the open. Which I doubt will ever happen. Someone has to many secrets that need to be kept, and it is not Daron that has secrets to keep. A few more facts for you to think on......why did the State of Florida drop the charges?? ANSWER: Not all of the witness statements were turned in by the deputy sheriff until 3 days after Daron's arrest, once the eye witness statements were finally turned in the States Attorney made his apology to Daron through his lawyer and said that he was appauled and that Daron would have never spent one minute behind bars had all the statements been turned in properly. Not only were the charges dropped but they were also wiped clean except here on the internet. SECOND FACT........It has been publicly stated by his ex wife that her youngest daughter looks just like her father and attached the father's last name and it wasn't Norwood. Since the child was born in August of 2007, and Daron was on the birth certificate because he was there when she was born. Let's piece this puzzle together people. She had an affair, got pregnant and had to find a way to get with her lover without letting her small town know what she had done. So lets make Daron out to be a bad guy which would paint a prettier picture for her upcoming divorce. Let's move the process forward quickly so the real father can be at the 1 year olds birthday party. Divorce papers final on their anniversary and the new man proposes the following week. Now that is a perfect plan for a new life. To bad Norwood had to pay the price for someone else's wickedness. God knows the truth and now you do too!
Maggie

Crestview, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

This is so old it should be taken off.:(
old friend

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

Its obvious who you are a "close friend" of. HItting a girl is never acceptable. She is SO much better off now without this abuser and I hope the local radio bans any of his music.
maggie

Crestview, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2011

There are Always two sides to every story.What a very helpful cause this was to Her to get out of the marriage quicker so she could marry her new husband.:)Believe Nothing you hear & Half of what you see.
Concerned Citizen

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Daron hasnt changed. He lives around Lubbock TX now and is constantly leaving his wife or wives...always drunk and getting thrown in jail. Harasses people all the time. What a low life!
daron fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Concerned Citizen wrote:
Daron hasnt changed. He lives around Lubbock TX now and is constantly leaving his wife or wives...always drunk and getting thrown in jail. Harasses people all the time. What a low life!
"Concerned Citizen" how do you get your so called facts? Daron does not live in the Lubbock area, he actually lives just 30 miles from New Mexico. He has not been thrown in jail and has been with his current wife for over 4 years now. They have since had a child of their own and are very happily married. I wish Daron and his new family all the best. As a fan of his I am so glad he is out of Florida and has moved on to a positive brighter future. God Bless Daron Norwood!
daron fan

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Kevin689 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, why would an ex drug addict, do such a thing. I'm sure his wife, the teacher, is a liar.
Do you really think "teachers" are exempt from being liars? If you honestly believe this you are a dumb fool!
daron fan

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

old friend wrote:
Its obvious who you are a "close friend" of. HItting a girl is never acceptable. She is SO much better off now without this abuser and I hope the local radio bans any of his music.
you are right, hitting a woman is never acceptable, but the police report stated she had a scratch on her hand.......not bruises or any evidence of physical abuse. Anyone can get a scratch, this does not mean that they are in an abusive relationship.

“Parrot Flower”

Since: Sep 08

Mostly there

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

TWO sides to every story.
Victimized

Bedford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Judged:

I am family to Daron.@Daron Fan you need to get YOUR facts straight. He is not happily married, recently left his wife and their toddler for a dream he was chasing which died 20 years ago. He is bi polar and suffers from paranoid dilutions. He has stayed with me and other members of our family and he does have very irratiional thought. For the last 5 months, he has terrorized my life and my family and you clearly know NOTHING about who he really is. This man was like a father to me. We have been trying to get him the help he needs but he doesn't want to help himself. I'm glad he still has fans out there, but no one but myself and husband, his wife, and his father truly know whats going on with him. Stop tootin your own horn for a bit. I'm assuming that no one on this chat log has had to keep a loaded gun in their house for fear of him coming after you?? You haven't been waitin to have enough evidence for a restraining order because TX harassment and stalking laws suck?? Anyone?? Until YOU'RE in a set of shoes like that, don't defend someone blindly. This man has turned my life upside down, so much so that I have to try and keep tabs on his location so I know when I need to keep my kids out of my house.
Victimized

Bedford, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

daron fan wrote:
<quoted text> "Concerned Citizen" how do you get your so called facts? Daron does not live in the Lubbock area, he actually lives just 30 miles from New Mexico. He has not been thrown in jail and has been with his current wife for over 4 years now. They have since had a child of their own and are very happily married. I wish Daron and his new family all the best. As a fan of his I am so glad he is out of Florida and has moved on to a positive brighter future. God Bless Daron Norwood!
Daron fan and close friend, you guys have it all wrong. If you were really a CLOSE friend you'd know that he lives in muleshoe, txand wa just recently arrested again for breaking thereatraining order that his "happily married" wife has against him. Normally I'd be pissed at people for saying things about my family, but this case, my family is him and he needs help. I'm in therapy because of how seriously he's been harassing me. You don't know jack shit about this man.
Nanny always thought of h

Littlefield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Kevin689 wrote:
<quoted text>
YES HE DID IT, and NO she DIDN'T lie...I know him personally, and I recently had to admit to myself that YES, he is NOT the man I've known for 22 years and IS STILL doing drugs and alcohol here in 2012...at which time I cut all ties with him.....and I'm willing to bet DRUGS and ALCOHOL were party to this beating even way back then....I found out that sometimes you HAVE to open your eyes and admit the truth about someone you love dearly....It broke my heart!!!God help him.
Lubbock Tx in the Know

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

old friend wrote:
Oh please, you know that they do not play his crap any more, he is a foney !!! Do as I saY not as I do, what a joke, the only place he can play is at is a Tex-Mex joint in front of 10 to 15 people !!! Have you ever been around someone that is not who you think they are !!!! he cann't even pay for his owen gas and has to sleep in his car half the time, has other women, and not his wife wash his close !!!! Oh top of his game my ASS !!! HA !!!!!
daron fan

Muleshoe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Oh the trash people can come up with.........absolutely amazes me. Daron actually does live in Muleshoe, Tx. He actually lives just a few houses down from me. I hear his songs on KSSL radio all the time. I see him and his family often. People just love to keep crap going. Pretty sad that their own lives are so miserable they have to make up stuff! I will always admire Daron for keeping his head up and not letting all you people bring him down with your lies. You go Daron Norwood!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Okaloosa County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crestview Man Remains in Custody for Deviant Se... 5 hr JusticeShldRule 1
Tentative tax increase would help solve storm w... Aug 6 JusticeShldRule 1
An Okaloosa County Man Gets Life Sentence Jul 28 Danny McKinney 1
Three arrested after meth lab found May '14 Pyramid 4
An unwelcome visitor swarms into Okaloosa County May '14 florida_eve 1
Okaloosa, Walton approved for federal aid May '14 Okaloosa Resident 1
Band director resigns after indecent exposure a... (Nov '08) May '14 Anonymous 20

Search the Okaloosa County Forum:
•••