UPDATED: Country music singer arrested

UPDATED: Country music singer arrested

There are 62 comments on the Northwest Florida Daily News story from Apr 17, 2008, titled UPDATED: Country music singer arrested. In it, Northwest Florida Daily News reports that:

“I'm thankful he is where he is now”

Country music singer Daron Norwood was arrested Tuesday night in Crestview for allegedly battering his wife. via Northwest Florida Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northwest Florida Daily News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Tammy

Crestview, FL

#1 Apr 18, 2008
I have personally met Mr. Norwood, and if these accusations are true, then I am sorely disappointed in him. He talks to children in the area about the dangers of drugs and alcohol, keepitstraightusa, then gets himself arrested for battery on the woman that he claims to love more than life itself. Go figure, guess he didn't practice what he preached.
bob

Crestview, FL

#2 Apr 20, 2008
maybe if he could sing worth a shit he would be in nashville not crestucky beating his wife
theresa

Owensboro, KY

#3 Apr 25, 2008
i dout daron would ever do something like this don't judge til you have all the facts
Kevin689

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#4 Jul 18, 2008
theresa wrote:
i dout daron would ever do something like this don't judge til you have all the facts
Yeah, why would an ex drug addict, do such a thing. I'm sure his wife, the teacher, is a liar.
jeffro

AOL

#5 Jul 24, 2008
dude, that is seriously funny, i swear i knew u in a former life.
bob wrote:
maybe if he could sing worth a shit he would be in nashville not crestucky beating his wife
297togo

Niceville, FL

#6 Sep 16, 2008
Kevin689 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, why would an ex drug addict, do such a thing. I'm sure his wife, the teacher, is a liar.
Hey,Don"t rag on him.He"s just trying to fit in.lol
whats eating you

Argyle, FL

#7 Sep 19, 2008
theresa wrote:
why is it always the women to come to the defense of a wife beater? shouldn't it be the guys doing this? how come when a guy does something bad in this town (like rape and beat a woman) it's always women forgiving and sticking up for them?
DRS

Freeport, FL

#8 Sep 20, 2008
whats eating you wrote:
<quoted text>
why is it always the women to come to the defense of a wife beater? shouldn't it be the guys doing this? how come when a guy does something bad in this town (like rape and beat a woman) it's always women forgiving and sticking up for them?
Affairs are a big thing too, lol. I often wonder why a lot of people think because someone isn't a lunatic 24/7 that they can't be one in private. If Ted Bundy ran up to women on the street with veins popping out of the side of his head, how many women would have jumped up to help him or give him a ride? Or how about BTK (bind, torture, kill) who was arrested at his desk job in the church, another upstanding guy in the community. Or how about all those priest (nothing against priest) that have sex with little boys, that adds another 100 + nice guys to the mix, and I could go on all day. Daron Norwood is a (as far as we know, ex) drunk and druggie, so why would it be so far fetched that he might hit his wife? Because he is a "country music singer"? So is every guy here that sings on karaoke night! Ladies, don't judge a book by its cover, then maybe you too can be the victim that got away.

“Parrot Flower”

Since: Sep 08

Mostly there

#9 Sep 20, 2008
DRS wrote:
<quoted text> Affairs are a big thing too, lol. I often wonder why a lot of people think because someone isn't a lunatic 24/7 that they can't be one in private. If Ted Bundy ran up to women on the street with veins popping out of the side of his head, how many women would have jumped up to help him or give him a ride? Or how about BTK (bind, torture, kill) who was arrested at his desk job in the church, another upstanding guy in the community. Or how about all those priest (nothing against priest) that have sex with little boys, that adds another 100 + nice guys to the mix, and I could go on all day. Daron Norwood is a (as far as we know, ex) drunk and druggie, so why would it be so far fetched that he might hit his wife? Because he is a "country music singer"? So is every guy here that sings on karaoke night! Ladies, don't judge a book by its cover, then maybe you too can be the victim that got away.
You got that right,,I"ve Been there & agree 100%.My ex-husband couldn"t understand How a man could do that until he tried it on me. That"s why he"s now my Ex.
ha you people are crazy

Argyle, FL

#10 Sep 20, 2008
DRS wrote:
<quoted text> Affairs are a big thing too, lol. I often wonder why a lot of people think because someone isn't a lunatic 24/7 that they can't be one in private. If Ted Bundy ran up to women on the street with veins popping out of the side of his head, how many women would have jumped up to help him or give him a ride? Or how about BTK (bind, torture, kill) who was arrested at his desk job in the church, another upstanding guy in the community. Or how about all those priest (nothing against priest) that have sex with little boys, that adds another 100 + nice guys to the mix, and I could go on all day. Daron Norwood is a (as far as we know, ex) drunk and druggie, so why would it be so far fetched that he might hit his wife? Because he is a "country music singer"? So is every guy here that sings on karaoke night! Ladies, don't judge a book by its cover, then maybe you too can be the victim that got away.
are you kidding! famous people don't do thinks like that! country singers especially! they sing about love and devotion! now why would he do something like that?!(using sarcasm here) ;)
Debbie4u

Freeport, FL

#11 Sep 21, 2008
ha you people are crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
are you kidding! famous people don't do thinks like that! country singers especially! they sing about love and devotion! now why would he do something like that?!(using sarcasm here) ;)
What station do you listening too? All I hear are songs of cheating, bar hopping, death, and sadness. Change that station FAST.
Crestview Insider

Cypress, TX

#12 Feb 8, 2009
Tammy wrote:
I have personally met Mr. Norwood, and if these accusations are true, then I am sorely disappointed in him. He talks to children in the area about the dangers of drugs and alcohol, keepitstraightusa, then gets himself arrested for battery on the woman that he claims to love more than life itself. Go figure, guess he didn't practice what he preached.
Daron does practice what he preaches! I pray that one day he writes a tell-all book. Then maybe everyone here in Crestview won't just believe Kim's side of the story. I still believe in Daron and his program to help kids. Wake up people
Crestview Insider

Cypress, TX

#13 Feb 8, 2009
bob wrote:
Maybe he's the greatest singer I have ever heard, and has more talent in his little finger than you will ever have in your entire life. He was in Crestview taking care of his wife that he loved that screwed around on him. Wake up people. She is nothing but a liar!!!!
CresTucky

United States

#14 Feb 11, 2009
So lets see Insider, by what you stating in your post...It is ok to beat on your wife if you love her, but only if she is a liar and a cheater? Unbelievable.
Debbie4u

Laurel Hill, FL

#15 Feb 11, 2009
Insider, you wake up (personally I think you must be him) I saw HIM out all the time with another woman, as a matter or fact, I thought SHE was his wife, and was told she was his "friend" so IF she was running around, they both were.
and ex in tex

Brownwood, TX

#16 Feb 19, 2009
guess what, this is an old story. Daron Norwood has been abusing women for years. Just go ask a few of his exes in Texas

“Parrot Flower”

Since: Sep 08

Mostly there

#17 Feb 19, 2009
There are 2 sides to every story.
Debbie4u

Laurel Hill, FL

#18 Feb 21, 2009
Yep, but usually only one side is the truth!
JusticeShouldRul e

Niceville, FL

#19 Feb 21, 2009
Debbie4u wrote:
Yep, but usually only one side is the truth!
Sometimes.
Mom_inTX

United States

#20 Sep 20, 2009
http://www.amarillo.com/stories/091809/new_ne...
Atleast one local school district had to send a letter to apologize after hiring Norwood last week. There are complaints here from people in another district.
And for the record, he hit on a girl in our area, asked her out a few years ago.
I wish his ex-wife the best and hope she is able to keep herself and her children safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Okaloosa County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Avalon Rockawich. Loval realator/ criminal. Arr... Nov '16 Btipps 1
Okaloosa County Arrest Records and Criminal Mug... Oct '16 James 2
Wanting to relocate to Okaloosa county. Sep '16 senior 1
Person of interest located in Okaloosa school t... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Concerned 2
News Okaloosa County woman embezzles over $1 million (Apr '16) Apr '16 Cityboy 1
News Three arrested after meth lab found (Apr '14) Jan '16 Ionu 5
Where is Jonathan D Itzen (Dec '15) Dec '15 Samantha 1
More from around the web