Gossip helped cause teens Death

Gossip helped cause teens Death

Posted in the Ohio County Forum

Michelle Hudnall Cobb

United States

#1 Aug 3, 2012
I posted this in facebook but I think it would better serve the purpose here.
I just wanted to mention this young lady in Butler County who took her life. My daughter said it was because a lot of people were writing hateful comments about her on topix. I don't know if that is true as I do not read that smut, but I know the same kind of gossiping goes on on the Ohio county topix and this is what I have to say to ALL OF YOU TRASH TALKING COWARDS.... first, it is real easy to sit behind a computer screen (instead of stand face to face with someone) and talk badly about them. Secondly, anyone of you who are perfect and have never done anything wrong then feel free to run your big hateful mouths about other's problems and misfortunes. The rest of you who are not perfect (which I dern well know is all of you), then keep your mouths closed! I have said this before about other situations and it pertains to this one as well, although people have freedom of speech that doesn't mean you should always use it, especially when your cowardly selves are hiding faceless and nameless behind a computer. Shame on you all! In addition, if this young lady in Butler County did take her life because of gossip on topix then I want all of you people that talked bad about her to know, you all played a part in her death and you all should be ashamed!
Even though this story is about a Butler County youth the same type of problem exists on this site as well and the sad part is from what I hear it is not just teenage kids spreading gossip and dissent. So those of you involved in that kind of behavior,(young, old, Butler County, Ohio County, etc.) the same message applies. You are cowards for not using your real names and even if you are using your real names your full of gossip and hate and you should all be ashamed of yourselves! The same kind of thing that happened in Butler County could happen here. Words hurt people rather they are true or not and most of the time they are not, they still hurt. We should treat people the way we want to be treated or the way we hope someone would treat our family members. Life is not about who can get the most punches in or who's spouse is stepping out. If you all don't have anything better to think about or talk about then your lives must be pretty miserable and you certainly could use a little one on one time talking to God, instead of about one another. By the way, my real name is on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ohio County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Valley's population continuing to decline (Mar '15) Mar '15 Pravo8 1
News Upper Ohio Valley Searching For a New Identity (Mar '15) Mar '15 puchut 1
News Naked Man On Leash In W. Va. Could Face Charges (Jul '14) Jul '14 blade 1
Obama is gay (Nov '12) Jun '14 just wondering 2
70 year olds robbed OMG (Jan '14) Jan '14 just to old 1
News Recycling Should Not Be a Burden (Oct '13) Oct '13 UNCOMMON SENSE 1
News Charleston Daily Mail: Short takes, July 27, 2013 (Jul '13) Jul '13 RealTalk 1
More from around the web