Attaberry plans run for sheriff

Attaberry plans run for sheriff

There are 51 comments on the Athens Banner-Herald story from Oct 1, 2011, titled Attaberry plans run for sheriff. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

Oconee County Sheriff's Lt. Griffin Attaberry, in charge of special operations, will run for Oglethorpe County Sheriff in 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GREAT

Fayetteville, NC

#1 Oct 1, 2011
Ha! Already not following his word....first he was moving to Oconee county, then he was going to nursing school....now running for sheriff! It is actually a shame, b/c now if a worthy or qualified republican candidate does run they may lose votes to un-informed voters who vote for him....this is exactly how Mike Smith is going to slither his way back into his comfy chair and keep Ogelthorpe law enforcement a joke! Not good. Nothing personal against Griffin, but once you meet him you will be able to tell, he is a man of words, not actions.
BoHawg

Lavonia, GA

#2 Oct 1, 2011
Who's Attaberry?
brother buzz

Lexington, GA

#3 Oct 1, 2011
If Attaberry happened to be elected, Oglethorpe County would have to deal with the same crap just a different name as sheriff.
BoHawg

Lavonia, GA

#4 Oct 1, 2011
Never heard of him. So, Rambo it is.
Just Wondering

Athens, GA

#5 Oct 1, 2011
Um......yeah. This is a joke right? This guy is an idiot and a pathological liar. In charge of "speacial operations"? You work for Oconee County SO dumb ass!! "special operations" is two motor cycles and a canine unit fuck tard! I'm sure if you asked him though, he'd make it sound like he commanded a unit of a hundred men. This guy is a compleat moron and the biggest lying sack of shit you've ever seen. Scott Berry had better watch his political back in Oconee as well with this two faced snake working for him. He bashes Berry every chance he gets behind his back and then smiles in his face and has kissed ass for the rank that he has gotten in Oconee. Lmao, It blows my mind that this idiot had the balls to post this shit. I hate the way mike smith has done the Oglethorpe SO and would vote for most anyone else BUT this psyco. Lmao!!! I just can't get over this....
bloodhound

Orlando, FL

#6 Oct 1, 2011
I have talked to Jimmy Fulcher and he said he would like to run and be the next sheriff of Oglethorpe County. Jimmy said he loves the people of Oglethorpe county and has almost 34 years in Lawenforcement.He did work over 5 years as chief investgator at the Sheriff's Office, He did recover a lot of stolen property.I know because some of that property was mine,a man went to jail.Has any other investgator done that in a past year. Jimmy said he would be truthful with the people and the sheriff's office employees , and let the deputies go to training so they could better do the job.What do you thank about Fulcher as your next Sheriff?
bloodhound

Orlando, FL

#7 Oct 1, 2011
If Jimmy was elected Sheriff he would have a open door to anyone who wanted to see him.He would be a working Sheriff and could be contacted 24 hours a day 7 days a week.He is now a Sgt.of operations/investgator with the Winterville Police Dept.and the people of Winterville love him,Jimmy has worked heard and has made some good cases one big one.The Winterville retirement home with three arrest.
BoHawg

Lavonia, GA

#8 Oct 1, 2011
bloodhound wrote:
I have talked to Jimmy Fulcher and he said he would like to run and be the next sheriff of Oglethorpe County. Jimmy said he loves the people of Oglethorpe county and has almost 34 years in Lawenforcement.He did work over 5 years as chief investgator at the Sheriff's Office, He did recover a lot of stolen property.I know because some of that property was mine,a man went to jail.Has any other investgator done that in a past year. Jimmy said he would be truthful with the people and the sheriff's office employees , and let the deputies go to training so they could better do the job.What do you thank about Fulcher as your next Sheriff?
I ain't voting for him because you say you're from Salem, Alabama and everybody knows that Salem is in Georgia.
BoHawg

Lavonia, GA

#9 Oct 1, 2011
bloodhound wrote:
If Jimmy was elected Sheriff he would have a open door to anyone who wanted to see him.He would be a working Sheriff and could be contacted 24 hours a day 7 days a week.He is now a Sgt.of operations/investgator with the Winterville Police Dept.and the people of Winterville love him,Jimmy has worked heard and has made some good cases one big one.The Winterville retirement home with three arrest.
Wow! Sounds like he must be in charge of a hundred occifers. I'm want Fulcrum.
Top Gun

Maysville, GA

#10 Oct 2, 2011
Fulcher For Sheriff, sounds good.
TheMan

United States

#11 Oct 2, 2011
I know this guy from oconee. All I have to say is that whoever is going to back him financially is pissing in the wind. This guy is the typical "cop type" and talks a good game but does not relate well to the public because he is a HUGE LIAR! Attaberry is a complete waste of time and money. Other than Attaberry himself and the poor unfortunate misinformed individual(s) dupt into backing him, you find one person that has ANYTHING good to say about this guy and I'll kiss your a** on Main Street.
BoHawg

Lavonia, GA

#12 Oct 2, 2011
TheMan wrote:
I know this guy from oconee. All I have to say is that whoever is going to back him financially is pissing in the wind. This guy is the typical "cop type" and talks a good game but does not relate well to the public because he is a HUGE LIAR! Attaberry is a complete waste of time and money. Other than Attaberry himself and the poor unfortunate misinformed individual(s) dupt into backing him, you find one person that has ANYTHING good to say about this guy and I'll kiss your a** on Main Street.
Yeah, I guess you will. But, we have to come all the way to Baton Rouge for this osculation. Furthermore, the typical "cop type" is a very good individual who protects and serves. This yahoo must not be typical.
TheMan

United States

#13 Oct 2, 2011
BoHawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I guess you will. But, we have to come all the way to Baton Rouge for this osculation. Furthermore, the typical "cop type" is a very good individual who protects and serves. This yahoo must not be typical.
Poor choice of words. I should say "stereo typical" cop type. In other words, he's not very people friendly, is very fake, lies, and acts and does his job in a very robotic robo cop kind of way.
Sunshine

United States

#14 Oct 2, 2011
Yeah, he is a liar.
Oglethorpe voter

United States

#15 Oct 2, 2011
Looks like Attaberry is a good choice....NOT!
Top Gun

Ocilla, GA

#16 Oct 3, 2011
TheMan,Every County has them even Oglethorpe Co.
amused

Bogart, GA

#17 Oct 3, 2011
I'm sorry, but some of the comments here are outragous! I live in the same neighborhood with the Attaberry family and while I have not yet made up my mind on who I will be supporting for Sheriff I am fond or Mr. Attaberry and his wife. He has always been courteous to me and helpful when I sought advice a year or so ago. I encourage everyone to please seek out the opprotunity to meet all our canidates before making an informed decision on who will earn your support. I wish there was a helpful forum where everyone could come and have clean and friendly discussions without people making such ugly comments about people. It almost makes me wonder if some of the opposing canidates just hide behind fake names and make ugly accusations. I have not yet spoken with Mr. Attaberry about his running for sheriff, but I look forward to meeting all canidates and having the opprotunity to vote for someone who will make a difference in the way our sheriff's office is perceived.
TheMan

Detroit, MI

#18 Oct 3, 2011
amused wrote:
I'm sorry, but some of the comments here are outragous! I live in the same neighborhood with the Attaberry family and while I have not yet made up my mind on who I will be supporting for Sheriff I am fond or Mr. Attaberry and his wife. He has always been courteous to me and helpful when I sought advice a year or so ago. I encourage everyone to please seek out the opprotunity to meet all our canidates before making an informed decision on
who will earn your support. I wish there was a
helpful forum where everyone could come and
have clean and friendly discussions without
people making such ugly comments about
people. It almost makes me wonder if some of
the opposing canidates just hide behind fake
names and make ugly accusations. I have not
yet spoken with Mr. Attaberry about his running
for sheriff, but I look forward to meeting all
canidates and having the opprotunity to vote for
someone who will make a difference in the way
our sheriff's office is perceived.
While I understand your position and good intentions, I'm sure by your statement alone that you don't truly know Attaberry. I don't know about these other people making these comments or person as you mentioned, but I have known Attaberry for years and if you were to ask anyone that's known him for any length of time and had some sort of relationship with him you would hear all of these things these people are saying. This man IS a pathological liar! He HAS in fact on several occasions bashed Scott berry horribly behind his back to me personally infront of other people. Now I'm no Scott berry fan myself but to speak of him in the way Attaberry has just to turn around and act as if he's his best friend to clime rank as he has is disgusting and speaks to his character. If you like this type of person, more power to you but I'm sure that many will not vote for this guy knowing how he is and the dirt that would come out.
Uncle Bole Weevel

Monroe, GA

#19 Oct 27, 2011
TheMan wrote:
Well, I will take a rain check on the butt kissin, but I dont have anything BAD to say about Attaberry. Known him for about 10 years I guess....if I lived in Oglethorpe county I would vote for him, no doubt about it. If I afford it, will give money to his campaign.
BoHawg

Dahlonega, GA

#20 Oct 27, 2011
Uncle Bole Weevel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I will take a rain check on the butt kissin, but I dont have anything BAD to say about Attaberry. Known him for about 10 years I guess....if I lived in Oglethorpe county I would vote for him, no doubt about it. If I afford it, will give money to his campaign.
Oh, the boll weevil am a little bug come from Mexico they say.
Come all the way to Georgia, looking for a place to stay.

Thanks, Mr. Bole Weevil, for reminding me of that old song by Tex Ritter and Brook Benton. Are you running for sheriff?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oconee County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man flees from Oconee police during traffic stop (Jan '16) Jan '16 Necrinomocan 2
News Walmart Neighborhood Market coming to Atlanta H... (Aug '15) Aug '15 toyotaman 1
No bond allowed for man accused of cutting girl... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Michelle blackwel 1
News Ivey sentenced to confinement for theft of funds (Jan '08) Jun '15 Michelle blackwel 5
Police harassment when you call for help (Jun '15) Jun '15 Michelle blackwel 1
News Young to take part in Moore's Ford rally, march (Feb '10) Oct '13 Bradley 7
Prostitution sting in Oconee county (Oct '12) Jan '13 peach pit 2
More from around the web