Nye County DA Bob Beckett is arrested

Nye County DA Bob Beckett is arrested

There are 36 comments on the Pahrump Valley Times story from May 5, 2010, titled Nye County DA Bob Beckett is arrested. In it, Pahrump Valley Times reports that:

Nye County District Attorney Bob Beckett was arrested Wednesday morning in Pahrump on 42 charges relating to his county-wide Bad Check Program.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pahrump Valley Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dlf pahrump

Clive, IA

#1 May 6, 2010
Must be some mistake. Be careful friends, a house of cards may be about to tumble.
Danny

Stockton, CA

#2 May 8, 2010
It should have tumbled years ago.
dlf pahrump

Clive, IA

#3 May 9, 2010
When does someone appoint their own prosecutor and when do you see them sharing a stage for a photo opp? Something is not right here.
Danny

Huntington Park, CA

#4 May 9, 2010
Wasn't the appointed prosecutor accused of tax evasion? There seems to be one untainted candidate--Charles Watkins. I don't care if someone made a mistake or two in their life, we all have. But when your prosecuting others and demanding harsh punnishments, you should be setting an example.
Roadrunner

United States

#5 May 9, 2010
Danny wrote:
Wasn't the appointed prosecutor accused of tax evasion? There seems to be one untainted candidate--Charles Watkins. I don't care if someone made a mistake or two in their life, we all have. But when your prosecuting others and demanding harsh punnishments, you should be setting an example.
Sounds like the fox watching the hen house to me.
Chicken droppings

Pahrump, NV

#6 May 11, 2010
dlf pahrump wrote:
When does someone appoint their own prosecutor and when do you see them sharing a stage for a photo opp? Something is not right here.
Lets not forget 2 wrecks within 6 hours involving county vehicles, one getting him charged with dui(knocked down to wreckless driving) If he is not guilty, why not make the state appoint a prosecutor!!
Chicken droppings

United States

#7 May 11, 2010
When does an alleged criminal get to select his own prosecutor--conflict of interest?? Do not forget this is the same DA who wrecked two vehicles within 6 hours, one with dui charges(knocked down to reckless driving)
Danny

United States

#8 May 11, 2010
It's funny that Beckett and Ron Kent both rolled county cars and neither of them paid for them. They probably hiked up the county insurance premiums because of that. If Beckett is convicted, will they yank his pension and charge him for the car?
Sharon

Charlotte, NC

#9 May 16, 2010
Ron Kent also did not pay taxes at his property in Las Vegas. Kent has been an alcoholic for years...even when he lived here in Vegas, police were at his home many many times due to alcohol and drugs. He is DIRTY!
Jim

Idyllwild, CA

#10 May 16, 2010
These guys sound like they should be prosecuted by the DA not running for the DA.
Edward

Idyllwild, CA

#11 May 16, 2010
Ask Ron for his Dotties player card. He's probably just upset that Beckett didn't split the bad check money with him. LOL
Nye local

Oakdale, CA

#12 May 18, 2010
I remember those offensive stickers talking trash to people about writing bad checks as if they were some kind of criminals for forgetting to carry the one or something. That goofy mustache and the Wyatt Earp hair do made me want to kick him in the face every time I saw one of those stupid stickers. Then out of the blue he drunkenly crashes not one but 2 cars. I said well Wyatt is an alcoholic. Now this! This disgusting clown is not only a thug, a drunk but an outright con man. To bad he can't have a neck tie party to go with his hair do.
Joe

Stockton, CA

#13 May 18, 2010
I'm suprised to see that he has the balls to keep his signs up. He should resign and take his carpetbagger ass outa here.
Joe

Stockton, CA

#14 May 18, 2010
Maybe his MORMON MAGIC UNDIES will help him win. LOL
completely ignored

Clive, IA

#15 May 19, 2010
i am curious why some of the recovered cash is not returned to the holder of the bad check. is this grounds for disbarment? beleive me those large signs are handy around the shop.
get real

Englewood, CO

#16 May 19, 2010
HAMMER THIS CLOWN !
Nye local

United States

#17 May 22, 2010
Joe wrote:
Maybe his MORMON MAGIC UNDIES will help him win. LOL
Ha ha ha must be how he survived the two car wrecks. I bet he had to wash them though (assuming he bothered to)
Johnq

Englewood, CO

#18 May 23, 2010
Finally...
Bill

Pahrump, NV

#19 May 23, 2010
He's into weight lifting. He should fit right in with all those big white muscle builders in prison.
Edward

Stockton, CA

#20 May 23, 2010
I heard the fix is in-Beckett and Kent will win the primary. Tough choice in the general. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nye County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nye County GOP leaders back chairman after arrest Jun '15 responder 6
News Conservative Pahrump assemblyman moves toward t... Jun '15 Merovingian 2
News Three-hour Pahrump standoff ends with deadly we... May '15 Cash 2
News Here's a peek at what might make news on Monday Apr '15 HandSon 6
News Police looking for 2 suspects who robbed elderl... Apr '15 name user enter 7
News Sheriff's department scam targeting Pahrump res... Mar '15 G G F 2
News Accused getaway car driver in Pahrump robbery a... Mar '15 Jack 1
More from around the web