ACLU blasts jail conditions

ACLU blasts jail conditions

There are 4 comments on the Pahrump Valley Times story from May 9, 2009, titled ACLU blasts jail conditions. In it, Pahrump Valley Times reports that:

The Pahrump jail is "uninhabitable," the American Civil Liberties Union said in a letter blasting Nye County for failing to improve conditions first cited in 2003, in what it calls "unconstitutional prison conditions." "While the list of deficiencies is long, the main concerns for the ACLU of Nevada are that the Pahrump jail is overcrowded, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pahrump Valley Times.

korkie

Novi, MI

#1 May 10, 2009
we live in a small town what is the
aclu doing here let them go mess up the big cities we have enough problems of our own
Ellen

River Grove, IL

#2 May 11, 2009
I wonder why there is only a concern about the male prisoners peeking into the female prisoners cells and not any concern about the vice-versa?
Black Star Ranch

United States

#3 May 11, 2009
....I don't think men are worried if women prisoners "peek" at them?

I think De Meo ought to open a Sheriff Joe Arpaio type "tent-jail". Maricopa County, AZ is hotter than here, the fresh air might do the cons here some good. The deterrence to going to "tent-jail" with it's "open A/C system" might be advantageous as well.
Fabioso

Tallahassee, FL

#4 May 12, 2009
Ellen wrote:
I wonder why there is only a concern about the male prisoners peeking into the female prisoners cells and not any concern about the vice-versa?
1) because the men don't care

2) because the women aren't prone to voyeurism like men are

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nye County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump vs. Nevada Dec '16 Myopinion92556 1
News Tiger-owning mom says cops took selfies with an... Dec '16 Silly Jilly 1
News Nye County Authorities Seek Man They Say Ambush... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Black Star Ranch 1
News 3 people arrested in Pahrump after grenades fou... (Sep '15) Sep '15 billy 1
News Obama to appear at 8th clean energy summit in L... (Aug '15) Sep '15 Solarman 3
News Nye County GOP leaders back chairman after arrest (Jun '15) Jun '15 responder 6
News Conservative Pahrump assemblyman moves toward t... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Merovingian 2
More from around the web