Community Viewpoint: Town taxes are d...

Community Viewpoint: Town taxes are different from state and county taxes

There are 6 comments on the Pahrump Valley Times story from May 1, 2013, titled Community Viewpoint: Town taxes are different from state and county taxes. In it, Pahrump Valley Times reports that:

As a DISCLAIMER, please understand that I speak only for myself as a town board member and will provide accurate information as I see it through my research.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pahrump Valley Times.

SimonEE

Kansas City, MO

#1 May 4, 2013
Is this information valid?
Smile Pahump

Lynwood, CA

#2 May 5, 2013
NO!
Mike

Los Angeles, CA

#3 May 5, 2013
Tom Waters is an absolute idiot! And a greedy one at that! He, like every other politician, believes it's his job to spend money on anything he can. As a member of the Town Board, he is basically responsible for overseeing the funding of the fire department, the pool, the fall festival and the cemetery. I may have forgotten one or two items, but that's about it in a nutshell. Instead of using the tax foundation that the TB currently receives to maintain those items of responsibility, the members of the TB come up with new and ridiculous ideas and schemes to spend money on. When they realize that their latest project is going to require more money to finish or maintain, they simply want to raise our taxes to cover their expenses.
Tom Waters can spew whatever crap he wants out of his mouth in order to justify a tax raise, but the bottom line is this... What money I have is MINE! I have to eat. I have to buy gas, insurance, electricity and other necessities in order to work and live. In current economic times, most people are living paycheck to paycheck. Those that are retired are living on a fixed income.
Tom Waters' ideology is, "Hey look, your property value on your home is depreciating, thereby lowering your property taxes. So whatever you save because your home is now worth less, we just want to take some of that away from you!"
I'm sorry, but if my house is worth less and my taxes are lowered, I'd like to be able to use that "extra" money towards paying off my mortgage, home improvements, or simply putting in the bank to save for a rainy day! Times are tough. We, the working class have to make due with what we have. We don't have the luxury of just walking into the bank and telling the clerk to simply add another $50 to our account. Why should the TB think that they can do that?
Tom Waters, if you're reading this, I have two words to say to you... "FUCK YOU". And that goes for Harley Kulkin too! You two are lucky, especially living in Nevada, that this is the 21st century. One hundred years ago, you two probably would've been disappeared by now. Well, maybe not you, Waters. You'd probably be swinging from a tree somewhere for leaving the plantation. I'm not normally a racist, but for you I'll make an exception.
Go ahead and raise my taxes, Town Board. I'll pay them. But it'll be the last year that you do. I can't wait for the end of 2014 when you all are ousted from your positions. Maybe when you no longer have any power, and you're an ordinary citizen once again, you'll realize how stupid you'd been acting all along. I kind of doubt it, though.
Chief Pappa Doc for life

Pahrump, NV

#4 May 5, 2013
Taxes have to be raised to pay for my huge salary and benefit package. The town bard must be preserved preserved so we can have 16 more soccer fields and an airport.
SAM

Pahrump, NV

#5 May 5, 2013
Chief Pappa Doc for life wrote:
Taxes have to be raised to pay for my huge salary and benefit package. The town bard must be preserved preserved so we can have 16 more soccer fields and an airport.
I think the biggest tax break we will get is when the town board and TOWN MANAGER who gets a big fat salary, free car and gas, and other perks, are out of a job.

Maybe then him and his progressive ideas can move on to another town full of sheeple who will let him do as pleases, because Pahrump isn't about to budge another inch.
Chief Pappa Doc for life

Pahrump, NV

#6 May 6, 2013
Sam , you will be WEDGIED for your treason. They are going to let me keep my chief mobile with the sirens and lites and the tax payers will pay my gas forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nye County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nye County Authorities Seek Man They Say Ambush... Dec '15 Black Star Ranch 1
News 3 people arrested in Pahrump after grenades fou... (Sep '15) Sep '15 billy 1
News Obama to appear at 8th clean energy summit in L... (Aug '15) Sep '15 Solarman 3
News Nye County GOP leaders back chairman after arrest (Jun '15) Jun '15 responder 6
News Conservative Pahrump assemblyman moves toward t... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Merovingian 2
News Three-hour Pahrump standoff ends with deadly we... (May '15) May '15 Cash 2
News Here's a peek at what might make news on Monday (Apr '15) Apr '15 HandSon 6
More from around the web