Proposed distance from 'prison' was r...

Proposed distance from 'prison' was redlined by staff

There are 6 comments on the Pahrump Valley Times story from Sep 22, 2009, titled Proposed distance from 'prison' was redlined by staff. In it, Pahrump Valley Times reports that:

It all began a long time ago. Jan. 24, 2007 -- more than two and a half years ago -- the PVT printed on its front page a story titled "Town has no lock on fed prison plan." And so what has become a major issue regarding development, revenue, jobs and political viability, got under way.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pahrump Valley Times.

Black Star Ranch

Gardena, CA

#1 Sep 23, 2009
It took until Sept 18, 2009 (over 2 1/2 years) to discover that this mysterious "red-line" marked thru the "residential housing separation requirement" was completed by an unknown person or party? That's convenient and quite a tribute to our remarkable local journalists and County leaders. What malarkey.
jjohn

Mitchellville, IA

#2 Sep 24, 2009
I have a pretty good guess as to who "redlined" it.
Knows Him Best

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Sep 28, 2009
It's amazing what can be brought to light via the internet. Politics as usual in this small Nevada town. Thanks for sharing this information!
wanthouseonacre

Lake Arrowhead, CA

#4 Sep 29, 2009
Does this mean the prison will not be built?
jjohn

Mitchellville, IA

#5 Sep 29, 2009
wanthouseonacre wrote:
Does this mean the prison will not be built?
Not at all. Under construction now.
It means someone really screwed us, he probably got paid for it too.
Black Star Ranch

United States

#6 Oct 8, 2009
The "Detention Center" is a done deal. It is being built as we speak. As I look up to admire my kitchen window view of Charleston Peak, the CCA Prison Site is right below it in full visual splendor. I can't wait for it to light up the Pahrump night sky for all to see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nye County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nye County Authorities Seek Man They Say Ambush... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Black Star Ranch 1
News 3 people arrested in Pahrump after grenades fou... (Sep '15) Sep '15 billy 1
News Obama to appear at 8th clean energy summit in L... (Aug '15) Sep '15 Solarman 3
News Nye County GOP leaders back chairman after arrest (Jun '15) Jun '15 responder 6
News Conservative Pahrump assemblyman moves toward t... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Merovingian 2
News Three-hour Pahrump standoff ends with deadly we... (May '15) May '15 Cash 2
News Here's a peek at what might make news on Monday (Apr '15) Apr '15 HandSon 6
More from around the web