Rural Nev. Sheriff Hopeful Calls Arrest Political

Mar 19, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KOLO-TV Reno

A man running for Nye County sheriff has been arrested on suspicion of impersonating a police officer and resisting arrest.

Comments
21 - 26 of 26 Comments Last updated Feb 10, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Amar Chunar Chuso

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2010

Judged:

Ronya_sMom wrote:
<quoted text>It is AMAZING that you NCSD "detectives" are actively monitoring an internet "chat" searching to create "evidence" in a "totally non-political" case so trivial as a retired police officer showing a badge.
Really? REALLY? Must you bring up this case in EVERY thread here? We get it already.

I seriously doubt the NCSD did not investigate your case, my suspicion is you just got the verdict you did not like.

Since: Jul 10

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Amar Chunar Chuso wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? REALLY? Must you bring up this case in EVERY thread here? We get it already.
I seriously doubt the NCSD did not investigate your case, my suspicion is you just got the verdict you did not like.
Apparently YOU DON'T get it! A young girl was murdered, and there was no investigation. I am not a liar, and I certainly would have better things to do with my time than this, if there was no reason for it. If you don't like my comments, don't read them! My name is clearly attached to the top of each one. Why must YOU bring up my comments in EVERY thread here? You don't make snide remarks about every other comment in every thread here. My comment to the NSCO detective is not aimed at you, it is aimed at him. And actually, the NCSO did NOT investigate my daughter's murder. They stated that themselves. They stated no investigation was necessary; and closed her case basically the night she was killed. If you are not actually the biased, self absorbed, narrow minded person you sound like you are; even YOU might question the fact that a bullet through the eye socket from a 9mm rifle from less than 12" away, that occurred in the bedroom of a young man who had been stalking the victim and lured her there on false pretenses that day, MIGHT not warrant at least a cursory investigation into the matter, and perhaps at least the questioning of the man who was responsible for luring her there, etc... and there are lots of etc's... the NCSO stated about that young man "he didn't want to be questioned" so they didn't question him. Any sane and reasonable person might actually question the differences in the two "investigations" compared here. The NSCO didn't even question ONE person regarding a bullet through a young girl's eye, yet they monitor chat threads to dig up information to prosecute a political opponent of the current "king" of Nye County for showing a legitimate retired police officer's badge to someone??? Now it is my turn to say really? REALLY? It is my contention that just possibly others may be wondering the same things... and just not be aware of the other matters that bear upon this Ted Holmes incident... and there are MANY... BY THE WAY, every time you write a snide remark questioning my comments regarding this matter, you WILL GET YOUR QUESTION ANSWERED.... have a nice day.
Giggity Giggity

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

"BY THE WAY, every time you write a snide remark questioning my comments regarding this matter, you WILL GET YOUR QUESTION ANSWERED.... have a nice day."

Oh Noez!!! whatever will I do???? I am so scared.. shes gonna.. "answer me" lol

Wish I had that free time to sit here all day and wait to see if someone is posting something about my family.. must be nice to live at taxpayers expense.

Oh btw.. WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU as a parent? Why did you let your daughter go into a dangerous persons house?

Why was the "stalking" not reported to police BEFORE something like this had to happen?

I don't know you or the suspect in this case, it just seems like a whole lot of people went on EMOTION and not on facts. The Sheriffs dept does NOT have that luxury. They have to deal in facts.
They are not perfect, but I suspect if there had been something strange in this case, they would have dealt with it quickly.
As to Ted Holmes, I guess its ok if everyone walks around confronting a police officer from another state WHILE THEY ARE on duty and working a case, and tells them they cant have their badge and gun in Pahrump.. lol Not sure what planet you are from.. but that wont float in mine. Ted seems like an OK guy, but showed a massive lack of judgment in this case. Just because someone is a retired law enforcement officer they have no business running around telling current on duty officers what the laws are or what they should be doing. I think that if Ted was smart, he would have called the Sheriffs office and ASKED if what that out of town cop was doing was legal. I am not even a cop and I know better.
So in short, does it suck that a child had to die? Certainly and YES you have my sympathy for that.. no one wants to see a child get hurt.. but there HAS to be more to the story that we are not being told.. and I am not willing to go running around like a crazy person screaming that "Justice was not carried out" before I know all the facts.

I have to wonder about the parenting skills in this town. First we have a kid with access to a gun pointing it at people.. flat out NUTS.. even if he was "playing" you don't play with guns.. and Second.. someone who lets a stalking go on without reporting it to the POLICE. If it were my daughter, the stalking would have been reported and under ANY circumstances she would have not been allowed to go to that kids house no matter WHAT the reason.
Ronya_sMom

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

Giggity Giggity wrote:
"BY THE WAY, every time you write a snide remark questioning my comments regarding this matter, you WILL GET YOUR QUESTION ANSWERED.... have a nice day."
Oh Noez!!! whatever will I do???? I am so scared.. shes gonna.. "answer me" lol
Wish I had that free time to sit here all day and wait to see if someone is posting something about my family.. must be nice to live at taxpayers expense.
Oh btw.. WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU as a parent? Why did you let your daughter go into a dangerous persons house?
Why was the "stalking" not reported to police BEFORE something like this had to happen?
I don't know you or the suspect in this case, it just seems like a whole lot of people went on EMOTION and not on facts. The Sheriffs dept does NOT have that luxury. They have to deal in facts.
They are not perfect, but I suspect if there had been something strange in this case, they would have dealt with it quickly.
As to Ted Holmes, I guess its ok if everyone walks around confronting a police officer from another state WHILE THEY ARE on duty and working a case, and tells them they cant have their badge and gun in Pahrump.. lol Not sure what planet you are from.. but that wont float in mine. Ted seems like an OK guy, but showed a massive lack of judgment in this case. Just because someone is a retired law enforcement officer they have no business running around telling current on duty officers what the laws are or what they should be doing. I think that if Ted was smart, he would have called the Sheriffs office and ASKED if what that out of town cop was doing was legal. I am not even a cop and I know better.
So in short, does it suck that a child had to die? Certainly and YES you have my sympathy for that.. no one wants to see a child get hurt.. but there HAS to be more to the story that we are not being told.. and I am not willing to go running around like a crazy person screaming that "Justice was not carried out" before I know all the facts.
I have to wonder about the parenting skills in this town. First we have a kid with access to a gun pointing it at people.. flat out NUTS.. even if he was "playing" you don't play with guns.. and Second.. someone who lets a stalking go on without reporting it to the POLICE. If it were my daughter, the stalking would have been reported and under ANY circumstances she would have not been allowed to go to that kids house no matter WHAT the reason.
Thanks for your response. It was nice of you to put in your two cents worth, especially since you DON'T know Ronya or the suspect. As for your comments regarding the "stalking" and "reporting" it... RONYA WAS AN OVER 18 YEAR OLD ADULT. Still my child; however, legally, I HAD NO AUTHORITY TO REPORT STALKING BEHAVIOR ON HER BEHALF... secondly; you truly do NOT KNOW ANYTHING about either her or the "suspect" we are talking about, Joseph Provenza... he is a HIDEOUSLY DISFIGURED young man, so disfigured he recently won a 42.5 million dollar personal injury lawsuit against LEMANS, the motorcycle clothing manufacturer who made the "gear" he was wearing when he wrecked his dirt bike and got burned over MOST of his body. IT WAS A TERRIBLE, PAINFUL, TRAGIC thing to happen to a then 13 year old young man... and he obviously suffered emotionally as well as physically from it. Anyway; RONYA FELT SORRY FOR THIS 'POOR' DISFIGURED YOUNG MAN THAT "NO OTHER GIRLS WILL EVEN TALK TO" --- she gave him her phone number and answered his calls out of SYMPATHY... only that wasn't enough for him. I term his pursuit behaviors and the way they escalated from the time she met him to the time she finally had to "tell him off" just days prior to her death as STALKING... Ronya, being a self assured, beautiful young girl who had never had to deal with anything "harsh" in her life, thought it was "innocent" and STILL FELT SORRY FOR JOEY, and said "Don't worry mom, I feel so sorry for him, I don't want to hurt his feelings, and besides, I can handle this."
Ronya_sMom

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

AND...For the record, Ronya was a very well behaved child all her life, even including her teenage years. She was responsible, gracious and honest; she never gave us a moment's trial or tribulation as parents and there are MANY MANY people who knew her that will attest to the fact that she was a truly rare and special individual. YOU may actually have met her; she worked at Hollywood Video until she was murdered. The saddest thing is... YOU ARE RIGHT... I SHOULD NEVER HAVE ALLOWED HER TO GO TO JOEY PROVENZA'S HOUSE THAT DAY... and had I asked that she not go, even at 18, she would NOT have gone.(by the way; Joey lured Ronya to her house by telling her the young man she was enamored with was there and wanted to see her – a lie) But NONE of us suspected what Joey Provenza was really like. He is from (on the surface) a fine upstanding family. We only found out what he is really like after Ronya’s death, and we, too, as parents felt horrendously sorry for the disfigured young man and his family. It colored our decision making regarding his behavior, as it did Ronya’s. we were all just starting to get a bit creeped out by his behaviors when Ronya was murdered. But it was obviously too little too late. And yes, the parenting skills here do seem lacking; I should have been more paranoid and vigilant on my innocent 18 year old daughter’s behalf; AFTER WORKING FOR A POLICE DEPARTMENT AND THE COURT SYSTEM AND THE PRIVATE LEGAL SECTOR FOR MANY MANY YEARS, I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER… But NO ONE could look at Joseph Provenza and not let their sympathy for his disfigurement get the better of them… at least at first. As for the other “kids” involved; the shooter was there, skipping out on house arrest… where his parents fit into that, your guess is as good as mine. Ronya did not “hang around” with any of the people involved in her death… she was lured there on false pretenses and lied to. OH... DON'T WORRY... no one asked you to "jump on the justice bandwagon" we can go it without you if you don’t truly see anything wrong with this whole thing.
No longer clueless

Pahrump, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

Judged:

I read this with interest on the Provenza-Neth group. There just seemed to be something very wrong with these people with how they acted and who they keep company with. Obnoxious and brazen! WOW. IT IS ALL CONFIRMED!!! I see, their big bucks buy them out of the problems they cause victims.They need to join the Pelossi,B.O. crowd how they just push their way over people as if they were kings and queens! This poor girl and her family!!! How did the mother know? QUIT BLAMING THE MOTHER. SHE HAS SUFFERED ENOUGH,YOU PIGS!!! THE GIRL WAS YOUNG.
You should be asking yourself why this monster is still alive!!!! 42 million. That is why!!! There is a hell for people. I thought Italians were all good Catholics and knew that!!!!Burn away.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••