Rural Nev. Sheriff Hopeful Calls Arre...

Rural Nev. Sheriff Hopeful Calls Arrest Political

There are 26 comments on the KOLO-TV Reno story from Mar 19, 2010, titled Rural Nev. Sheriff Hopeful Calls Arrest Political. In it, KOLO-TV Reno reports that:

A man running for Nye County sheriff has been arrested on suspicion of impersonating a police officer and resisting arrest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOLO-TV Reno.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JJJ

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Mar 19, 2010
Arrest was political? Ok. I don't know Mr. Holmes but I surely remember seeing his face twice. The first time was about a month ago on a public meeting where he intruduced himself (to me) as a federal agent. The second time I saw his face was in a news paper after being arrested for impersonating police officer. So, still thinking arrest was political? Don't get me wrong, maybe Mr. Holmes is a nice guy, but he needs to grow up and stop pretending to be someone he's not: a police officer.
Joe

Hereford, AZ

#2 Mar 19, 2010
I heard him on the news telling the arresting officers he was going to be the next sheriff and he would be their boss.The guy sounds like a real hot dog. He has a lot of nerve telling anyone they can't wear their guns.
Watcher

Pahrump, NV

#3 Mar 22, 2010
Wasn't he the guy that when running for sheriff last time, told everyone he was going to ban open carry without a permit in town? I am sure it was ONE of them, but his name sticks out.

After listening to the tape of his arrest I feel sorry for that detective, he was being totally fair with Ted, and Ted decided to go full retard on him for no reason.
Joe

Stockton, CA

#4 Mar 22, 2010
Anyone affiliated with that homeland security gestapo is the last thing you would want for sheriff.I don't think he would have the authority to ban open carry. They should have tazed him on general principals. With that tape, I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected.
LOLLOLl

Grand Blanc, MI

#5 Mar 22, 2010
The Nevada legislature reserves the right for themselves to create gun laws in Nevada, Ted (jerk) couldn't do anything about it.

That's why the town manager couldn't do anything either. Ted should know better.
Nye local

Pleasant Hope, MO

#6 Apr 3, 2010
Well, that settles it, he's going to have to go and start his own official Nye County militia group LOL
Trinity

Pahrump, NV

#7 Apr 5, 2010
To say Ted is affiliated with homeland security is like saying I took a class at front sight so now I am a cop.. hahaha The dude works at a training facility for police and homeland sec

The guy Ted plays secret agent man, tells a REAL SWORN Officer to get out of town, and thinks that's ok? All while flashing his big fat RETIRED police badge?

I would rather vote for that Wade Lesikie whatever his name was before this buffoon.

I heard the tape of the Detective arresting Ted, and to be honest, I felt bad for the detective. He tried SO HARD to sort things out without a bit deal.. and Ted "Wheres my shotgun" Holmes had to push it.

Just my opinion.. but what do I know.

If I had any doubt as to if a cop should be walking around armed, my first thought would be to call the NCSO non emergency number and ASK THEM. Not run up and rambo the guy.. lol
Edward

United States

#8 Apr 5, 2010
I think Ted is washed up he's not going to win the election. His attitude on those arrest tapes prove he's just a blowhard who thinks he can do what he wants and he would most likely flaunt his power if he did get elected. He sounds like one of those spaced out military cowboys.
Randy

Culver City, CA

#9 Apr 21, 2010
Flashing retired ID is nothing unusual between cops like they want to make it sound.

Don't be fooled...it was a political setup.
Edward

United States

#10 Apr 21, 2010
Randy, the guy has no business telling anyone they can't carry guns. We don't need a sheriff who's going to be anti gun. We need those laws like Arizona just passed, no permit needed for conceal carry. Arizona has become the third state along with Vermont and Alaska to require no permit for CCW. I don't trust someone who who may try to rregulate our gun rights. Ray Mallow is the only one that stands firm on gun rights. He also said he would not take a salary for the position. That alone would save the county almost 500 thousand for the four years. They also need to have more reserve deputies like Maricopa county in Az. cost less and doesn't require all sorts of union bennys. Las Vegas fireman are making 100 thousand a year which is rediculous. I wonder how much our fire dept is making? We should go back to Volunteer and pay them for the calls they go on.
NCSO Detective

United States

#11 May 4, 2010
JJJ any chance you can email me at [email protected] so I can find out more about what you have posted here?
JJJ wrote:
Arrest was political? Ok. I don't know Mr. Holmes but I surely remember seeing his face twice. The first time was about a month ago on a public meeting where he intruduced himself (to me) as a federal agent. The second time I saw his face was in a news paper after being arrested for impersonating police officer. So, still thinking arrest was political? Don't get me wrong, maybe Mr. Holmes is a nice guy, but he needs to grow up and stop pretending to be someone he's not: a police officer.
NCSO Detective

United States

#12 May 4, 2010
Something is screwy with this, why does it show me as Beverly Hills Ca?
Trinity

Pahrump, NV

#13 May 4, 2010
NCSO Detective, Don't feel bad.. sometimes it says I am in California, sometimes Texas, and sometimes Pahrump.. makes no sense as my ISP and IP never change :)

Perhaps it thinks you are the "Beverly hills cop" :)
Trinity

Pahrump, NV

#14 May 4, 2010
Oh and you know what.. I am not 100% sure but it wasn't Ted who wanted to issue "open carry permits" but I think it was Ted's campaign manager Mel Jackson when he ran for Sheriff a few years ago.
Ronya_sMom

Las Vegas, NV

#15 May 6, 2010
NCSO Detective wrote:
JJJ any chance you can email me at [email protected] so I can find out more about what you have posted here?
<quoted text>
It is AMAZING that you NCSD "detectives" are actively monitoring an internet "chat" searching to create "evidence" in a "totally non-political" case so trivial as a retired police officer showing a badge. When my daughter, Ronya Qutob, was MURDERED in Pahrump at the home of Joey Provenza on June 23, 2006, not ONE "detective" asked ONE question of ONE person regarding the suspicious circumstances surrounding her death, and Joey Provenza's involment in her life, and the various shady incidents immediately preceding her being shot through the eye from 12 inches away by Joey Provenza's 9mm rifle, in his bedroom. You detectives told me Joey Provenza didn't WANT to answer questions, so you didn't ask him any, and you deemed Ronya's MURDER to be an ACCIDENT the very night it occurred, so you didn't ask anyone who knew her and had very important information about her murder any questions either, as a matter of fact you REFUSED to hear any of the actual facts. JUST SEEMS RATHER ODD... TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT REALLY CARE TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF ANY INCIDENT IN NYE COUNTY...
I would LOVE you to offer me to email you information regarding the MURDER OF RONYA QUTOB, which I have been gathering since 2006... but I am sure you and I both know how interested the NCSD was in hearing any truths about Ronya's death! THERE ARE STILL SOME OF US WHO HAVE NOT GIVEN UP ON JUSTICE FOR RONYA, AND IN SPITE OF THE PERSECUTION BY THE NCSD THAT OUR FAMILY HAS SUFFERED FOR TELLING YOU WE DON'T BELIEVE YOUR VERSION OF THINGS, WE HAVE NOT GIVEN UP.
I REALLY DON'T EXPECT ANY RESPONSE FROM THIS "NCSD DETECTIVE" I JUST POSTED THIS SO IT'S ON PUBLIC RECORD AGAIN, FOR ANY OF YOU OUT THERE WHO STILL CARE ABOUT RONYA'S MURDER AND THINK WE HAVE QUIT TRYING TO GET JUSTICE FOR HER, OR HAVE QUIT GATHERING INFORMATION!
Nye Local

Brooks, CA

#16 Jul 29, 2010
JJJ wrote:
This makes it look very much as if Ted Holmes is insane.
Black Star Ranch

United States

#17 Jul 30, 2010
"This makes it look very much as if Ted Holmes is insane. "

.....It seems there are a number of people in office here or in the process of running for some municipal office who might fall into that category. Politics here never ceases to amaze. The current DA has personal & public "challenges", The Sheriff has a credibility problem with the County Commission, one of the DA candidates has a problem quite simply dealing with people, we have local news media that wouldn't know a news story if it crawled up their backside AND wouldn't report it anyway if the people involved were of a particular "flavor".....the community is a mess, starting with our local government and administrators, and some of the populace is nuts as well.....I'm glad I got THAT off my chest, I feel MUCH better.
Larry

Midlothian, IL

#18 Jul 30, 2010
what about Kent? Isn't he a drunk and wife beater too??
KCKid

Henderson, NV

#19 Jul 30, 2010
BSR - what makes you say the current sheriff has a credibility problem with the commissioners?
Black Star Ranch

United States

#20 Aug 1, 2010
Larry wrote:
what about Kent? Isn't he a drunk and wife beater too??
I know nothing about the man other than a year or two ago the County Commissioners scheduled a vote to advise Carson City of the possibility of upping our County taxes. For some reason they scheduled the meeting to be held in a conference room that holds about 15. About 75-100 people showed up and tried to squeeze into the room - most were against the tax hike notice. I remember Ron Kent walking into the mob of people, looking around and snidely asking, "What are THESE PEOPLE doing in HERE?" I found his demeanor attitude quite rude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nye County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Investigation of Ammon Bundy's treatment finds ... 18 hr An observation 30
News Trump vs. Nevada Dec '16 Myopinion92556 1
News Tiger-owning mom says cops took selfies with an... Dec '16 Silly Jilly 1
News Nye County Authorities Seek Man They Say Ambush... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Black Star Ranch 1
News 3 people arrested in Pahrump after grenades fou... (Sep '15) Sep '15 billy 1
News Obama to appear at 8th clean energy summit in L... (Aug '15) Sep '15 Solarman 3
News Nye County GOP leaders back chairman after arrest (Jun '15) Jun '15 responder 6
More from around the web