Corpus Christi police to impound unin...

Corpus Christi police to impound uninsured drivers' cars

There are 7 comments on the Houston Chronicle story from Feb 1, 2008, titled Corpus Christi police to impound uninsured drivers' cars. In it, Houston Chronicle reports that:

“Anyone that doesn't carry that insurance now run the risk of having their vehicle impounded and a citation issued.”

The Corpus Christi Police Department will start impounding the cars of uninsured drivers, officials said. via Houston Chronicle

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Houston Chronicle.

shae whitey

Corpus Christi, TX

#1 Feb 1, 2008
Awesome,theres gonna be alot meskins walkin around this town.
rabbit ears

San Antonio, TX

#3 Feb 4, 2008
Corpus Christi and Texas is a mess with this. One in five Texans are uninsured and the rate is ONE IN THREE in Corpus Christi. Who pays for this? We do through higher rates and we need to get "uninsured" driver protection. Think about the insurance and government scam on this! We pay for uninsured drivers because THEY don't get insurance. We are punished for other people not doing the right thing. Only in Texas would something so stupid happen. In other states DMV is computer-connected so if your insurance is lost so is your registration and it is IMMEDIATE! There are a lot of insurance companies that sell insurance by the month so these creeps can register their cars.

The proof is in the pudding as they say. Will the police really tow and impound these jerks. I'm skeptical.

The problem is not Mexicans. How could it be Mexicans? If 1-3 is uninsured and the Mexicans are about 50-50 here it seems that must be a lot of whites without insurance too.
shae whitey

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Feb 5, 2008
Historically mexicans are the most uninsured,every auto accident Ive been involved in Corpus Christi with a mexican they had zero insurance,leaving me or my insurance co footing the bill,on several of these infractions i have placed leans on the drivers until the pill was paid in full to me,leins work well,i still get calls today from accidents as far as 6 yrs ago begging to release the lean on mijo cuz he needs a new set of rims,i just laugh and say pay up sucka,so yes i hope the city starts towing their lazy azzes to the impound,how else will they learn?
the truth

Austin, TX

#5 Feb 5, 2008
shae whitey wrote:
Historically mexicans are the most uninsured,every auto accident Ive been involved in Corpus Christi with a mexican they had zero insurance,leaving me or my insurance co footing the bill,on several of these infractions i have placed leans on the drivers until the pill was paid in full to me,leins work well,i still get calls today from accidents as far as 6 yrs ago begging to release the lean on mijo cuz he needs a new set of rims,i just laugh and say pay up sucka,so yes i hope the city starts towing their lazy azzes to the impound,how else will they learn?
True and you must be a pretty bad driver yourself. "Every accident ive had lol.
shae whitey

Corpus Christi, TX

#6 Feb 5, 2008
EVERY ACCIDENT IVE BEEN INVOLVED IN,never had an accident (yet) thats been my fault but if i am the cause i will have sufficient insurance.
Ken

San Antonio, TX

#7 Feb 5, 2008
shae whitey wrote:
It comes down to this. If they have the law will they do anything to the people without insurance??? If not it is more BS from the city.
LAST

San Antonio, TX

#8 Feb 18, 2008
OMG! Now this is another one of the joke laws that were made up by Garrett & Company at the city council.

Corrupt Texas made sure that the insurance companies will never lose a dime from the uninsured people that violate the law by not having insurance. How? If you follow the law and want to protect yourself you need to get something called uninsured motorist insurance to protect yourself.

With so many people in Corpus Christi without insurance Katy Kiser or Rudy on KIII can ask Henry Garrett how many cars in Corpus Christi have been towed since the new law went into effect. A thousand? teheheheheh Three, four? Henry Garrett + CCPD + local news = Stupidity

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nueces County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hannah Overton's troubled past (Jan '08) Jun 21 NonMonAme 157
News The City of Driscoll recently expanded its impo... (Sep '15) May '16 ex cop 15
Flinn Cemetery (May '13) Feb '16 Petrodude 2
Nueces County Animal Control Needs HELP! Need ... (Apr '15) Feb '16 Jess gibbs 2
Rachel Montoya (Sep '15) Sep '15 ccbeachlover 1
News Authorities arrest man after Robstown drug raid (Jul '10) Jul '15 lmfao 5
Easy way to buy fifa 15 fut coins mind sharing ... (Dec '14) Dec '14 cheapfifapal 1
More from around the web