Two teens arrested after shots fired at Bayfest

Sep 28, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Corpus Christi Caller-Times

No injuries were reported, but the incident sparked a mass exodus - one organizer called it a stampede - from the area.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Jazz

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

I was actually right near the incident, and I'm pretty sure that a teenage boy was shot, although I couldn't see much with all of the people running away from the scene. I was standing near the "Sand Art" stand, where an older woman was making sand art in wine glasses.
llgg19

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

I was also at the fair. No one was hit and the shooter is in custody. This comes from a direct contact with one of the officers that was taking statements and assisting with the arrest of the shooter.
TERRIBLE NIGHT PUNKFEST

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

We were beside the goldfish/Tilt a Whirl and saw the kid running for his life and heard the gun shots. Feel like we were robbed of our money-more than $100 for bands/tickets-as we fled with the other 100 people, after being there 30 minutes-at least we got out alive-My 2 kids will surely remember it-remember crying and running from the shooter at Bayfest-good times-STUPID PLACE TO WASTE YOUR MONEY AND PERHAPS YOUR LIFE!

“The Truth Shall Set You Free”

Since: Sep 08

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

TERRIBLE NIGHT PUNKFEST wrote:
We were beside the goldfish/Tilt a Whirl and saw the kid running for his life and heard the gun shots. Feel like we were robbed of our money-more than $100 for bands/tickets-as we fled with the other 100 people, after being there 30 minutes-at least we got out alive-My 2 kids will surely remember it-remember crying and running from the shooter at Bayfest-good times-STUPID PLACE TO WASTE YOUR MONEY AND PERHAPS YOUR LIFE!
Bad P.R. for Corpus Christi, but a shooting a day is typical for the former "sparkling city by the sea."
mr dynomite

San Marcos, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nueces County Discussions

Search the Nueces County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bishop High School Liberian Found Dead Jan '14 Unreal 3
Corpus Christi police: Woman tries to swallow c... (Jul '13) Sep '13 BigRedd 6
Flinn Cemetery (May '13) May '13 Maria Elena 1
DA undecided if seeking capital murder charges (May '13) May '13 Randy Andrews 1
Mystery illness at Corpus Christi State School (Apr '07) May '13 Gods Archangel 6
Ruiz indicted for state representative sister's... (Feb '09) Apr '13 candy 3
Hannah Overton's troubled past (Jan '08) Jan '13 jpaz602 154
•••
•••
•••
•••