Sister indicted in Berryville council member's slaying

There are 4 comments on the Northern Virginia Daily story from Mar 26, 2010, titled Sister indicted in Berryville council member's slaying. In it, Northern Virginia Daily reports that:

Deborah Smith, the sister of slain Berryville council member Gail Smith, has been arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit murder for hire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northern Virginia Daily.

granolagirl

United States

#1 Mar 29, 2010
Debbie and I have been friends for many years. There is absolutely no way she could of done this. This is a conspiracy and the crime has to be put on someone because it is the murder of a council woman, so at this point they have to pin it on someone.
granolagirl

United States

#2 Mar 29, 2010
There is no way she did this and I can't wait until she is vindicated. Stay strong Deb. We are praying for your release.
CUZZINS

Blacksburg, VA

#3 May 2, 2010
Thank you granolagirl I am total agreement. She is not capable of anything so heineous. Berryville needs to get the person who did the crime and those people who made grave mistakes in the investigation and leave the family alone.
Lenore

Willow Grove, PA

#4 May 16, 2010
I used to live next door to the Smith's in the 60's and 70's. I am so blown away about this story. Being neighbors and around the same age, Tim and I used to hang out at times. Debbie was a bit older, but she was cool and had a great sense of humor. I remember Gail somewhat. I didn't see her much. I think maybe she was away at school. Rosa was so beautiful and spoiled her son. Their father Timothy, Sr. was a nice guy, a cop for New York. This story is so surreal. So sorry Gail is dead. What a tragedy. My mom is trying to find Rose Smith, since they kept in touch after the Smith family moved from Queens to Virginia. If anyone knows where Rose is please post if you can. God be with the family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nottoway County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fort Pickett considered for State Dept. trainin... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Ford of Fort PIckett 1
My Mother (May '11) May '11 LEE 1
News Perriello Cited In Traffic Accident (Oct '10) Oct '10 true 32
News Two Arraigned in Berryville Murder-for-Hire Plot (Dec '09) Aug '10 Lorrie 92
News Police search for twins in Blackstone assault (Nov '09) Dec '09 STONERMAN 5
News School Closings and Delays in Central Virginia ... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Unknown 59
More from around the web