Rescue personnel free woman in Zerbe ...

Rescue personnel free woman in Zerbe four-wheeler rollover

There are 2 comments on the The News Item story from Sep 4, 2011, titled Rescue personnel free woman in Zerbe four-wheeler rollover. In it, The News Item reports that:

The combined efforts of firefighters and rescue personnel from two communities resulted in the successful rescue Saturday night of a woman trapped in her four-wheeler after a rollover accident on private land in Zerbe Township.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News Item.

Never Disclosed

Phillipsburg, NJ

#1 Sep 4, 2011
How stupid. When I was a kid I rode a small 100cc trail-bike. These Northumberland County morons are all riding frigging go-carts the size of small cars around in the woods. That's not ATV, that's just stupid. Even more, they're all County employees and elected officials about having a good time. No wonder Northumberland County wants to get into the Adventure business. Having come from somewhere besides Good ol' boy territory I can tell you, that the majority of the people around here are STUPID! And the rest are just as stupid for electing the stupid morons that they do. There, now you know.
I hope the stupid idiot is alright.
one_brake

Palmyra, PA

#2 Sep 5, 2011
The stupid idiot is the person from Lititz that posted this comment without knowing the facts and that the facts as reported in the article are mostly wrong. It was a rail buggy the young lady was operating & not a 4 wheeler as most people would associate with when the word ATV is used. She was not trapped in her vehicle as the article states. The roll cage was damaged but ultimately did itsí job in protecting the passenger from serious injury. She was wearing a 5 point seat belt harness that kept her securely in the seat during the accident. The steering wheel & shifter were not damaged during the accident but removed by emergency personnel, same as the roll cage, so the driver could be removed from the vehicle on a backboard. A neck brace & backboard are used in all vehicle accidents to transport an accident victim to the hospital in case of spinal damage or possible cardiac arrest. The young lady was knocked unconscious during the accident and was transported to the hospital so she could be checked out properly by medical personnel. She was released after a few hours and is home and doing well with the normal aches and pains associated with any vehicle accident. Thanks to all the medical personnel who did a tremendous job in taking care of a dear friend. Those of us that enjoy off-roading know & understand the dangers of our hobby. Itís a shame the reporter didnít take the time needed to report on this accident accurately.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northumberland County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Want to own a prison? For sale: jail built in 1... Feb '17 james dunn 2
News Coroner: Woman dies after getting stuck in clot... Feb '17 cheaters never pr... 1
News Shamokin teen charged with intentionally siccin... (May '16) May '16 Common Sense 2
News Filipinos well represented at Metropolis (Mar '16) Mar '16 Philip Pineault -... 3
News Family of suicide victim sues prison consultant (May '08) Nov '15 None 11
News Sunbury homicide details met with shock; couple... (Dec '13) Dec '13 ooooh baby 1
News About Us (Sep '13) Sep '13 State of the town 1
More from around the web