Township joins fight against hockey arena's Neighborhood Improvement Zone

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WFMZ

With no public discussion, Bethlehem Township commissioners unanimously voted Monday night to join their Northampton County neighbor, Hanover Township, in a legal challenge of a state law that allows Allentown to keep some of their tax revenue to pay for its hockey arena complex.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 29 of29
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
A-Town Observer

Springtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Judged:

SICKOFBADPOLITICIANS wrote:
<quoted text>Smart enough to pull the wool over alot of people's eyes and if she's so smart, why did she need her husband to get her such a good job. Just what we need, another lobbyist. And if her "firm" is pumping 10's of millions into that hell hole, why do they need money from the outlying smaller communities. The whole thing really smells, just like Aholetown.
The outlying "communities" will benefit from tax cuts in the future, more potential businesses will start or move to there area as a result of this revitalization in Allentown, and their property values are going to skyrocket in ten years. When Allentown does good.......everyone does good. What the suing municipalities are doing now is going to be a template of what NOT TO DO while trying to revitalize American cities. We will look back and laugh at the fact these lesser municipalities tried to sue and stop American progression. What a joke.
SICKOFBADPOLITIC IANS

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

A-Town Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
The outlying "communities" will benefit from tax cuts in the future, more potential businesses will start or move to there area as a result of this revitalization in Allentown, and their property values are going to skyrocket in ten years. When Allentown does good.......everyone does good. What the suing municipalities are doing now is going to be a template of what NOT TO DO while trying to revitalize American cities. We will look back and laugh at the fact these lesser municipalities tried to sue and stop American progression. What a joke.
What tax cut? What are you talking about? Property values skyrocketing? Allentown will never have that effect on the rest of the area. And you are the joke thinking they will.
A-Town Observer

Springtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Judged:

FACT: The Arena is going to cut your taxes and up your property value there in Bethlehem and you hate it. And you hate that fact that potentially Allentowns housing market will rival yours. Get used to it, this is the "remake" of Allentown, Pa. And we are gonna throw it in your faces after this weak lawsuit is done with.
silly rabbit

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2012

Judged:

Seeing is beleiving and I have been watching smoke and mirriors in allentown. Today I had the fine oppertunity to walk were the person was shot new years eve from bullets from the sky, there was 3or 4 wannabe thugs sitting on the ppl waterfall wall and they asked if I needed anything.
Steve Gratman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Hockey brings with it pale freckled redheaded white trash.

Absolute beasts.

Blue collar filth.
True

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

silly rabbit wrote:
Seeing is beleiving and I have been watching smoke and mirriors in allentown. Today I had the fine oppertunity to walk were the person was shot new years eve from bullets from the sky, there was 3or 4 wannabe thugs sitting on the ppl waterfall wall and they asked if I needed anything.
That's business as usual down there. I see it daily. One thing is sure - arena or no arena, the local crimals aren't leaving.
True

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

A-Town Observer wrote:
She is now a lobbyist for the firm pumping tens of millions of dollars into Allentown. Pat and his wife are two very smart people. Smart enough to put this tax zone into place with knowing a lawsuit might occur as a result, but will not hold up in court. I believe the municipalities are suing out of "jealousy" if you will that Allentown has a complete revitalization plan that will not fail. The tax zone legislation was passed in 2009, and we are seing the envy of it being put to use now by these lesser municipalities suing. At the ribbon cutting ceremonies for the Arean, Pat Browne will be there and look at his accomplishments along with mayor Ed Pawlowski. This is a template for other cities, big or small, in America.
Honestly, how do you sleep at night?
SICKOFBADPOLITIC IANS

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

A-Town Observer wrote:
FACT: The Arena is going to cut your taxes and up your property value there in Bethlehem and you hate it. And you hate that fact that potentially Allentowns housing market will rival yours. Get used to it, this is the "remake" of Allentown, Pa. And we are gonna throw it in your faces after this weak lawsuit is done with.
You, sir, ARE NUTS!!!!!!!!!
backsnipsonmania c

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

True wrote:
<quoted text>Honestly, how do you sleep at night?
It is his job. He is AKA Future Downtown Arena Attendee.

BTW your beloved PB was not necessarily forthright about his shortcomings when reelected AO.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 29 of29
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••