Government Smoking Out Online Cigarette Purchasers

Full story: WFMZ

If you've avoided paying state taxes by purchasing cigarettes online, the Department of Revenue is trying to smoke you out.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Dec 26, 2009
Henry Young

Sierra Vista, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

A carton of cigs are around $15 without the tax and smokers are paying $60 to $80 a carton with tax?? How does our government officials sleep at night? Our government if so full of greed it's sickening. Just the tax on smokes alone should balance the national budget. But it's not. It's not going towards the deficit or road repair etc. The American people are taxed to a stifling degree while the government spends our hard earned money on themselves and god knows what else. Keep pushing the American people to the brink of poverty and eventually they will fight back. The more the government gets the more they want. We as a people let our government get too powerful. They no longer work for the people but rule over them. The greed of mankind will destroy mankind eventually. Our government belongs in the same cell as Madoff. Same crime being committed.

“Be nice”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Henry Young wrote:
A carton of cigs are around $15 without the tax and smokers are paying $60 to $80 a carton with tax?? How does our government officials sleep at night? Our government if so full of greed it's sickening. Just the tax on smokes alone should balance the national budget. But it's not. It's not going towards the deficit or road repair etc. The American people are taxed to a stifling degree while the government spends our hard earned money on themselves and god knows what else. Keep pushing the American people to the brink of poverty and eventually they will fight back. The more the government gets the more they want. We as a people let our government get too powerful. They no longer work for the people but rule over them. The greed of mankind will destroy mankind eventually. Our government belongs in the same cell as Madoff. Same crime being committed.
Sometimes you have to reach the bottom to get back to the top, everything goes in cycles, we are
near the end of the decay period, and a rise of a new nation is about to begin. Just like in the 1400's with the Black Plague, after this came the Renaissance Period. Renaissance means REBIRTH
OF A NEW NATION.

“Be nice”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Henry Young wrote:
Go to Google.com
Type in Renaissance Period
You will see Renaissance Period there on that page, click that.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Have you tried making your own? I some posters on here do just that. If you can't grow the tobacco yourself, try hooking up with an Amish farmer and get a deal from them. They grow and dry it right on their farms.

I do not smoke but I know I would fine other avenues before I would ever pay what they want for cigarettes. If smoking is pushing people to the brink of poverty as you put it, maybe they should find a way to stop smoking, or make their own.

“Be nice”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

Carbide wrote:
Have you tried making your own? I some posters on here do just that. If you can't grow the tobacco yourself, try hooking up with an Amish farmer and get a deal from them. They grow and dry it right on their farms.
I do not smoke but I know I would fine other avenues before I would ever pay what they want for cigarettes. If smoking is pushing people to the brink of poverty as you put it, maybe they should find a way to stop smoking, or make their own.
Good suggestion, I will check into hooking up with the Amish because these prices are outragous and I am not ready to give them up yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••