City's Proposed Gun Ban Could be Illegal

City's Proposed Gun Ban Could be Illegal

There are 106 comments on the NBC Philadelphia story from Apr 2, 2013, titled City's Proposed Gun Ban Could be Illegal. In it, NBC Philadelphia reports that:

But as the city moves closer to making that a reality, other Pennsylvania municipalities are repealing similar bans over their legality.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Philadelphia.

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#42 Apr 4, 2013
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
guns do not die people do.
as to cars and assault rifles i said design.
not use.
cars are designed to transport people.
what is the design purpose of an assault rifle?
The design of the rifle is to protect the user from harm caused by the threatening actions of others. You seem be be obtuse about the design of cars. In your feeble mind a corvette Z1 with a 640 HP engine is only designed to transport two people at 70 MPH??? When the engineers designed that engine they didn't have speed in mind? I guess it is was never their intention to give that car the ability to do 205MPH. They must have just made a mistake in their calculations. When Mazda runs an Ad campaign that emphasizes "ZOOM ZOOM" you are probably the only person on earth that thinks they mean be transported at the legal speed limit
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#43 Apr 4, 2013
ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>The design of the rifle is to protect the user from harm caused by the threatening actions of others. You seem be be obtuse about the design of cars. In your feeble mind a corvette Z1 with a 640 HP engine is only designed to transport two people at 70 MPH??? When the engineers designed that engine they didn't have speed in mind? I guess it is was never their intention to give that car the ability to do 205MPH. They must have just made a mistake in their calculations. When Mazda runs an Ad campaign that emphasizes "ZOOM ZOOM" you are probably the only person on earth that thinks they mean be transported at the legal speed limit
the design of the assault rifle is to kill people.
you can use it to drive tent pegs but the purpose of the assault rifle is to kill people with it.
under your logic--"protect the user from harm caused by the threatening actions of others." applies to nuclear weapons.
so every person should be allowed to have one?
as to cars that can go fast--so what?
the car is designed to carry people.

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#44 Apr 5, 2013
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
the design of the assault rifle is to kill people.
you can use it to drive tent pegs but the purpose of the assault rifle is to kill people with it.
under your logic--"protect the user from harm caused by the threatening actions of others." applies to nuclear weapons.
so every person should be allowed to have one?
as to cars that can go fast--so what?
the car is designed to carry people.
Have you been a fucking moron your entire life??? Once again asshole...a car that is capable of speeds of 70-80 MPH is designed to transport people...one that can do 205 is made to transport people at high rate of speed.So why does our country have a speed limit? Why not a car that does 500MPH as long as it is transporting people. According to our own goverment SPEED KILLS!!!! Does everyone speed...NO! Does everyone use a rifle to kill innocent people...NO! The rifle is designed to kill people who intend to do harm to others...get it!!!! Is anything ever misused?. Gasoline is designed to provide energy yet a jealous boyfriend in NY 20 something years ago used it to kill over 80 people in a dance club. You and your left wing extremests think no one needs a personal defense weapon or a 30 round magazine because of what it is capable of doing in the wrong hands so you want no one to have them yet speeding is responsible for over 10,000 deaths a year and you have no problem with anyone having a car with the capability of doing 205 in a nation where the speed limit is 70. Typical disengenious left wing dirtbag. oblunder and his ilk are too late. Some states may pass laws but all they will do is create resistance in them. Hell....ct even gave in on grandfathering high capacity magazines. Wait until the first person gets fined for not registering them. Many other states won't even attempt to restrict them. And if oblunder and his minions even try a nationwide ban you will see the next civil war and you left wing pigs will not like how it ends.
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#45 Apr 5, 2013
ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Have you been a fucking moron your entire life??? Once again asshole...a car that is capable of speeds of 70-80 MPH is designed to transport people...one that can do 205 is made to transport people at high rate of speed.So why does our country have a speed limit? Why not a car that does 500MPH as long as it is transporting people. According to our own goverment SPEED KILLS!!!! Does everyone speed...NO! Does everyone use a rifle to kill innocent people...NO! The rifle is designed to kill people who intend to do harm to others...get it!!!! Is anything ever misused?. Gasoline is designed to provide energy yet a jealous boyfriend in NY 20 something years ago used it to kill over 80 people in a dance club. You and your left wing extremests think no one needs a personal defense weapon or a 30 round magazine because of what it is capable of doing in the wrong hands so you want no one to have them yet speeding is responsible for over 10,000 deaths a year and you have no problem with anyone having a car with the capability of doing 205 in a nation where the speed limit is 70. Typical disengenious left wing dirtbag. oblunder and his ilk are too late. Some states may pass laws but all they will do is create resistance in them. Hell....ct even gave in on grandfathering high capacity magazines. Wait until the first person gets fined for not registering them. Many other states won't even attempt to restrict them. And if oblunder and his minions even try a nationwide ban you will see the next civil war and you left wing pigs will not like how it ends.
have you been clueless for quite some time?
claiming carnage will be the result if the "yosemite sam" types are not happy does not further any cause.

and this guy is a "left wing pig"?

http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Gov...

have not heard that claim made against the NJ gov.

equating people dying in car crashes due to speeding and children dying in school due to an assault rifle is just garbage.
stating that many people die due to to car crashes does not make the mopping of children's blood off the school floor acceptable.

you can use lawn furniture to kill someone.
it is a little harder and takes longer than simply pulling a trigger.
you do not get to massacre large amounts of people with lawn furniture.
killing people faster is somehow better?
killing more children without reloading as often is a good thing?
CBOW

Dover, PA

#46 Apr 5, 2013
samcro wrote:
<quoted text>
Really he had a mental illness and his mom bought him guns.
Not to mention the fact that she had reported him to the authorities to have him committed and they refused. The blood is on the politicians and bureaucrats hands.
Besara

Omaha, NE

#47 Apr 5, 2013
dbag wrote:
<quoted text>
have you been clueless for quite some time?
claiming carnage will be the result if the "yosemite sam" types are not happy does not further any cause.
and this guy is a "left wing pig"?
http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Gov...
have not heard that claim made against the NJ gov.
equating people dying in car crashes due to speeding and children dying in school due to an assault rifle is just garbage.
stating that many people die due to to car crashes does not make the mopping of children's blood off the school floor acceptable.
you can use lawn furniture to kill someone.
it is a little harder and takes longer than simply pulling a trigger.
you do not get to massacre large amounts of people with lawn furniture.
killing people faster is somehow better?
killing more children without reloading as often is a good thing?
McVeigh massacred without a gun.
Don't let that fact get in your way, d-bag.
resident

Broomall, PA

#48 Apr 5, 2013
ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Have you been a fucking moron your entire life??? Once again asshole...a car that is capable of speeds of 70-80 MPH is designed to transport people...one that can do 205 is made to transport people at high rate of speed.So why does our country have a speed limit? Why not a car that does 500MPH as long as it is transporting people. According to our own goverment SPEED KILLS!!!! Does everyone speed...NO! Does everyone use a rifle to kill innocent people...NO! The rifle is designed to kill people who intend to do harm to others...get it!!!! Is anything ever misused?. Gasoline is designed to provide energy yet a jealous boyfriend in NY 20 something years ago used it to kill over 80 people in a dance club. You and your left wing extremests think no one needs a personal defense weapon or a 30 round magazine because of what it is capable of doing in the wrong hands so you want no one to have them yet speeding is responsible for over 10,000 deaths a year and you have no problem with anyone having a car with the capability of doing 205 in a nation where the speed limit is 70. Typical disengenious left wing dirtbag. oblunder and his ilk are too late. Some states may pass laws but all they will do is create resistance in them. Hell....ct even gave in on grandfathering high capacity magazines. Wait until the first person gets fined for not registering them. Many other states won't even attempt to restrict them. And if oblunder and his minions even try a nationwide ban you will see the next civil war and you left wing pigs will not like how it ends.
You're exhibit A why we need strict gun control laws.
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#49 Apr 5, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>McVeigh massacred without a gun.
Don't let that fact get in your way, d-bag.
somehow i doubt that the NRA will use his picture in their "i am the NRA ads".
mcveigh is dead.

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#50 Apr 8, 2013
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
have you been clueless for quite some time?
claiming carnage will be the result if the "yosemite sam" types are not happy does not further any cause.
and this guy is a "left wing pig"?
http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Gov...
have not heard that claim made against the NJ gov.
equating people dying in car crashes due to speeding and children dying in school due to an assault rifle is just garbage.
stating that many people die due to to car crashes does not make the mopping of children's blood off the school floor acceptable.
you can use lawn furniture to kill someone.
it is a little harder and takes longer than simply pulling a trigger.
you do not get to massacre large amounts of people with lawn furniture.
killing people faster is somehow better?
killing more children without reloading as often is a good thing?
You really are a brain dead asshole....I WAS TALKING ABOUT 10,000 PEOPLE DYING DUE TO SPEEDING and yet we have cars that can do anywhere from 140 to 205 MPH on our roads. So as you left wing turds like to ask...why would anyone need a magazine that holds 30 rounds, WHY WOULD ANYONE NEED A CAR THAT DOES FROM 140 to 205 in a nation WHERE THE SPEED LIMIT IS 70. Aren't there enough deaths due to cars that are doing the speed limit??? We need to kill another 10,000 due to speeding? Answer your own question....is it better to kill people at a higher rate of speed than at the speed limit??? As I also said a gun is designed to expell a projectile at what ever the muzzle is aimed at. That is what it is designed for. It should be used to DEFEND.It does not choose when to fire or at what. A car does not choose to speed. Yet when someone dies due to a gun being misused you socialist bastards demand they be banned. When someone is killed due to a speeding car there is not one word out of your leftest mouths about banning muscle cars.What the matter...you have no problem washing away the blood of innocent children from the road,only a school floor. You think that a guns only purpose is to kill yet hundreds of millions of guns NEVER WILL. Why is that...if according to you that is there only purpose then that is what they should do everyday...yet they don't. If oblunder has no intention of becomming a tyrant then he and you left wing asswipes have nothing to fear from the armed population do you?
John

Allentown, PA

#51 Apr 8, 2013
I keep a loaded gun in my home . People don't come to my home or do any bad things near it . A couple of caneras hidden . Jehovahs witnesses come every few days because I left them in once not knowing who they were and we talked a little . They asked me about the alpine cottage painting with the big red flag hanging in the driveway. They still come every few days but I don't answer the door . I think they should lower the speed limit to 55 like they once did . It would save more gas , the cops could give more tickets and help a little to pay their own way through work and on pension .
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#52 Apr 9, 2013
ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You really are a brain dead asshole....I WAS TALKING ABOUT 10,000 PEOPLE DYING DUE TO SPEEDING and yet we have cars that can do anywhere from 140 to 205 MPH on our roads. So as you left wing turds like to ask...why would anyone need a magazine that holds 30 rounds, WHY WOULD ANYONE NEED A CAR THAT DOES FROM 140 to 205 in a nation WHERE THE SPEED LIMIT IS 70. Aren't there enough deaths due to cars that are doing the speed limit??? We need to kill another 10,000 due to speeding? Answer your own question....is it better to kill people at a higher rate of speed than at the speed limit??? As I also said a gun is designed to expell a projectile at what ever the muzzle is aimed at. That is what it is designed for. It should be used to DEFEND.It does not choose when to fire or at what. A car does not choose to speed. Yet when someone dies due to a gun being misused you socialist bastards demand they be banned. When someone is killed due to a speeding car there is not one word out of your leftest mouths about banning muscle cars.What the matter...you have no problem washing away the blood of innocent children from the road,only a school floor. You think that a guns only purpose is to kill yet hundreds of millions of guns NEVER WILL. Why is that...if according to you that is there only purpose then that is what they should do everyday...yet they don't. If oblunder has no intention of becomming a tyrant then he and you left wing asswipes have nothing to fear from the armed population do you?
for starters you can not even get the highway speeds correct.
try

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_...

again you want to compare speeding deaths to gunned down children.
two DIFFERENT things.
cars are designed to transport people.
assault rifles are designed to kill people.
you do not like fast cars then get legislation to restrict them.
somehow you have the idea that dead school children are an acceptable cost so the "yosemite sam "types can play with their people killers.
while you are at it.
when you have a car crash the drivers are required in most states to carry insurance to pay the medical and damage costs.
care to mention the insurance the asssault rifle owner is required to carry?
who gets to pay the cost of those gunned down people?
as to extended mags if you need 30 rounds to kill someone you quite frankly do not have any knowledge of how to shoot.
speaking of knowledge care to name the requirements to own an assault rifle?
basically you need proper age,money and the capability to fog a mirror.
hardly a set of skills for the ownership of an assault rifle.

the paranoid fear of tyranny is just bovine scattology.
when did the President claim he wants to confiscate weapons?
aside from your insane fever dream no one is suggesting that the feds start confiscating weapons owned by the 'yosemite sam" types much less the average gun owner.
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

#53 Apr 9, 2013
Once again dumbar carries his thoughts to the extreme far out land where he lives.
Before you start the birther crap, lets see Obama's college records!
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#54 Apr 9, 2013
Jersey Duke wrote:
Once again dumbar carries his thoughts to the extreme far out land where he lives.
Before you start the birther crap, lets see Obama's college records!
so the bither wants to upgrade to birther 2.0 college records.
those private records stay private because every time the birther crowd makes noise about them the republicans get painted as conspiracy nuts and kooks.
the birther crowd helped President Obama convince independents that the republican party was full of lunatics.
the rational republicans got drowned out by the idiot birthers spewing nonsense.
so pat yourself on the back you helped the President get re-elected.
keep up the good work of fracturing the republican party.

get back to me when you show how you kicked and screamed to see romney's tax records.
Jersey Duke

Quakertown, PA

#55 Apr 9, 2013
Pretty much a given that Romney earned a lot of money in his life. I would assume that the IRS has examined closely his records, especially since he ran against the dirtiest political organization in the history of the country. Once again Obama ha gotten a free pass on college records, Benghazi, Fast and furious, Etc, etc......
John

Allentown, PA

#56 Apr 9, 2013
Illegals and Voter intimidation. The jig is up for this clown that can't fall fast enough .
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#57 Apr 9, 2013
Jersey Duke wrote:
Pretty much a given that Romney earned a lot of money in his life. I would assume that the IRS has examined closely his records, especially since he ran against the dirtiest political organization in the history of the country. Once again Obama ha gotten a free pass on college records, Benghazi, Fast and furious, Etc, etc......
then using birther logic romney should have had no problem releasing those records.
unless he had something to hide.
why does romney earn a "free pass"?
double standards again?

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

#58 Apr 10, 2013
dbar wrote:
<quoted text>
for starters you can not even get the highway speeds correct.
try
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_...
again you want to compare speeding deaths to gunned down children.
two DIFFERENT things.
cars are designed to transport people.
assault rifles are designed to kill people.
you do not like fast cars then get legislation to restrict them.
somehow you have the idea that dead school children are an acceptable cost so the "yosemite sam "types can play with their people killers.
while you are at it.
when you have a car crash the drivers are required in most states to carry insurance to pay the medical and damage costs.
care to mention the insurance the asssault rifle owner is required to carry?
who gets to pay the cost of those gunned down people?
as to extended mags if you need 30 rounds to kill someone you quite frankly do not have any knowledge of how to shoot.
speaking of knowledge care to name the requirements to own an assault rifle?
basically you need proper age,money and the capability to fog a mirror.
hardly a set of skills for the ownership of an assault rifle.
the paranoid fear of tyranny is just bovine scattology.
when did the President claim he wants to confiscate weapons?
aside from your insane fever dream no one is suggesting that the feds start confiscating weapons owned by the 'yosemite sam" types much less the average gun owner.
You more than likely voted for oblunder so chances are you truly are a moron. In most states the speed limit is 70 to 75...get it asshole....so lets average it out to 72 and 1 half. A car that does 70 to 80 MPH is DESIGNED FOR TRANSPORTATION. You would have to be a complete fuc*ing idiot if you think one that does 205 is only designed for transportation.Here is a quote from one of your biggest heros...Andrew Cuomo said that "this is not about confiscating guns ...it is about reducing the risk of unnecessary deaths by assault rifles with high capacity magazines " Where is the left's attempt to reduce the number of unnecessary deaths on the highways by "reducing the risk" of cars that can do double the speed limit??? You are so pathetic with your left wing rhetoric. Owning a gun is a right...driving a car is a privelege. Look up the difference. Funny how you leftests want gun owners to pay a tax to own a gun but piss in your pants if anyone suggests paying a tax to vote,since both are rights why would you object? Should we also have voting insurance to cover the cost of a recount in case someone votes ILLEGALLY? Maybe all voters should be required to carry voting insurance. And since everyone is capable of breaking a law,and breaking that law may cause an expense to society maybe we should all be required to carry criminal insurance too. Since i have been shooting guns for over 35 years I have more than enough knowledge and shooting skills. Oblunder never mentioned confiscating weapons...he's proposing limiting the capabilities and the type. Exactly why the secong amendment was written.It is the people who insure the security of the free state...not the elected officials. It is their fear of the populace that counts not the other way around. Your fear of the people that actually love this nation is what fuels your paranoia and oblunders. That is what keeps tyranny in check.
dbar

Quakertown, PA

#60 Apr 10, 2013
ga_patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You more than likely voted for oblunder so chances are you truly are a moron. In most states the speed limit is 70 to 75...get it asshole....so lets average it out to 72 and 1 half. A car that does 70 to 80 MPH is DESIGNED FOR TRANSPORTATION. You would have to be a complete fuc*ing idiot if you think one that does 205 is only designed for transportation.Here is a quote from one of your biggest heros...Andrew Cuomo said that "this is not about confiscating guns ...it is about reducing the risk of unnecessary deaths by assault rifles with high capacity magazines " Where is the left's attempt to reduce the number of unnecessary deaths on the highways by "reducing the risk" of cars that can do double the speed limit??? You are so pathetic with your left wing rhetoric. Owning a gun is a right...driving a car is a privelege. Look up the difference. Funny how you leftests want gun owners to pay a tax to own a gun but piss in your pants if anyone suggests paying a tax to vote,since both are rights why would you object? Should we also have voting insurance to cover the cost of a recount in case someone votes ILLEGALLY? Maybe all voters should be required to carry voting insurance. And since everyone is capable of breaking a law,and breaking that law may cause an expense to society maybe we should all be required to carry criminal insurance too. Since i have been shooting guns for over 35 years I have more than enough knowledge and shooting skills. Oblunder never mentioned confiscating weapons...he's proposing limiting the capabilities and the type. Exactly why the secong amendment was written.It is the people who insure the security of the free state...not the elected officials. It is their fear of the populace that counts not the other way around. Your fear of the people that actually love this nation is what fuels your paranoia and oblunders. That is what keeps tyranny in check.
well you got the speed limits wrong and you try to equate guns to speeding.
might as well equate forklift tires with tanning beds.
insane but that is your paranoid world.
as to reducing automobile deaths remember that when you see a seatbelt or an airbag.
or crumple zones.
note something with all of those-the attempt is to save people.
you also seem to think that there is no cost associated with the mass shootings.
someone has to pay for it.
as to a right to own guns ask your local felon about that.
you cant even get that straight.
when your local "yosemite sam" type shoots himself in the foot does he pay for it?
no the costs get spread out over others.
so now gun owners are not responsible for the damages they cause?
not to mention the "responsible" gun owners that manage to shoot themselves or others every hunting season.
or try "gun appreciation day"

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story...

yep another fine example of people who should not have guns.
but you want to defend the right for clowns who are not responsible to own firearms go ahead.
as long as the level of responsibility is simply breathing you will not solve the problem.
simply mopping up the blood and pretending nothing happened is not the way to solve that problem
iletthedogsout

Quakertown, PA

#62 Apr 11, 2013
samcro wrote:
<quoted text>
Really he had a mental illness and his mom bought him guns.
He also passed a background check for buying guns. He just didnt want to wait the time period to get them. Mental illness does not disqualify you for purchasing a firearm.
Inquiring Mind

North Wales, PA

#68 Apr 11, 2013
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/04/10312-l...

These are the kinds of idiots we need a law to prevent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northampton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge blasts Megan's Law repeat offender with 2... Aug 5 silly rabbit 1
News Keep the turbines off Kittatinny Ridge (Aug '08) Jul '16 WindBlight 74
News Allentown sex offender admits he filmed naked 6... May '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 3
News Commercial draws fire for racial overtones in D... Apr '16 Andrew Jackson 1
News Megan's Law offender charged with filming 6-yea... (Jan '16) Jan '16 silly rabbit 1
News Slate Belt teens steal LED lights from home, co... (Dec '15) Dec '15 illiterate 1
News Freemansburg woman held on cocaine, marijuana c... (Apr '13) Dec '15 Xposethebraindead 2
More from around the web