Northampton County judge apologizes to stepdaughter of woman ja...

Full story: The Morning Call

A Northampton County judge publicly apologized Wednesday to a woman he excoriated for benefiting from her stepmother's theft of nearly $90,000. Last month, Judge Stephen Baratta knocked stepdaughter Samantha ...
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Dec 29, 2011

“GO PIGS ! 4/9/09”

Since: Apr 08

Bethlehem,Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

Judged:

The Judge was out of order. And will not get punished for it like anyone else would
wordup

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

Judged:

I'm an upstanding citizen who votes and the only laws I ever break are speed limit laws. I legitimately handle my businesses, file my taxes honestly, and pride myself on the fact that I am an honorable business person. Yet I have very close family members that have had very serious run-ins with the law , and I would be absolutely FURIOUS if a judge made such public inference about me based on the conduct of those family members.

I don't know what damages (financial or otherwise) the girl suffered due to this obvious SLANDER, but since I have interests to protect, you can bet your life that I would be looking into filing official complaints, slander charges, or any other revenues allowed under law to recover any damages caused by said SLANDER.
RonMania

Easton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

OMG,OMG a WOMAN involved in credit card fraud -- The end is near!! Oh forgot it's already here.
SMorgan

Bordentown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

wordup wrote:
I'm an upstanding citizen who votes and the only laws I ever break are speed limit laws. I legitimately handle my businesses, file my taxes honestly, and pride myself on the fact that I am an honorable business person. Yet I have very close family members that have had very serious run-ins with the law , and I would be absolutely FURIOUS if a judge made such public inference about me based on the conduct of those family members.
I don't know what damages (financial or otherwise) the girl suffered due to this obvious SLANDER, but since I have interests to protect, you can bet your life that I would be looking into filing official complaints, slander charges, or any other revenues allowed under law to recover any damages caused by said SLANDER.
Yes, I was quite upset by the previous statements made by the judge and made it a point to set the record straight that I was ALSO a victim of these crimes. Ultimately I'm not out of a large some of money (except for travel expenses back and forth, and some attorney fees to get this straightened out). I was able to clear my name from all the credit cards and also the loans, as was my grandmother (whos name was forged as a co-signer). I'm just happy to see this matter come to an end, and my credit cleared, it's been a LONG 2-1/2 Years.

Since: Jun 08

The Lehigh Valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

Glad to hear that this worked out for you and your grandmother and that this judge offered an apology, for what it's worth.

Good luck to you!
comment

Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2009

Judged:

Out with Barratta in next retention electon, this is not first time his conduct is less than becoming.
Tom Harold

Dillon, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

judge baratta is a biased smart ass judge with a deity complex. I would truly love to see him get stopped for a DUI or get run over by an 18 wheeler. What goes around comes around and he will get his someday. Just hope I hear about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••